Page 1 of 184 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The Clark/Superman & Lois Relationship Thread

Hi everyone!! I'm creating this thread for anyone who likes, has a soft spot, or is fond of the Clark & Lois relationship. Them and their relationship are part of the Superman legacy, after all! I took my time, searching if there was a similar thread already created, but as it doesn't seem to exist, I'm taking the chance to make one. Please mods, feel free to erase the thread if you feel like I'm breaking the rules or being disrespectful, and feel free to merge this thread in case I by mistake, have duplicated an existing one.

We can discuss everything related to them, all their incarnations (comics, live action, animated series), constructive criticism, what's your favorite era, your fave writer, favorite arc, Else Worlds, AU's, etc. Everything you want about this couple!!

One of my fave scenes in the Kingdom Come Special - Justice Society of America (that's the name of the book, in my country btw). Heart wrenching, IMO.

Last edited by TomariS; 04-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Great thread! I'll probably stop by later to say more, but one thing I have been thinking about lately is what element of the relationship makes it so enjoyable to read or watch. The more I think about it, the more I realize that what I love most about Clark and Lois as friends and lovers is the humor. They're just fun.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Hi everyone!! I'm creating this thread for anyone who likes, has a soft spot, or is fond of the Clark & Lois relationship. Them and their relationship are part of the Superman legacy, after all! I took my time, searching if there was a similar thread already created, but as it doesn't seem to exist, I'm taking the chance to make one. Please mods, feel free to erase the thread if you feel like I'm breaking the rules or being disrespectful, and feel free to merge this thread in case I by mistake, have duplicated an existing one.

We can discuss everything related to them, all their incarnations (comics, live action, animated series), constructive criticism, what's your favorite era, your fave writer, favorite arc, Else Worlds, AU's, etc. Everything you want about this couple!!

One of my fave scenes in Kingdom Come. Heart wrenching, IMO.

That was a very powerful scene but not from Kingdom Come. That was Taken from John's Thy Kingdom Come story line from his JSA run. A amazing story.

Wonderful scene, it's a shame that we can't get more of these moments now. Is there any hope for maybe a close friendship between these two, even like best friends that go out to celebrate a well done peice of work? Or is Clark totally cutting off everyone from the Planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    That was a very powerful scene but not from Kingdom Come. That was Taken from John's Thy Kingdom Come story line from his JSA run. A amazing story.
    Yeah sorry about that, thanks for correcting me, Lexrules ;P! It's just that when I was posting this I was looking for more of the fave comics that I've scanned (in case something happens to my collection) in some of my random folders, and one of them was titled Kingdom Come, so there, my distraction is the one to blame...Something tells me I need a better system than just naming folders with the first name that comes to my head, hahaha!!

misslane: I agree with you. I enjoy and appreciate all the different versions I've been blessed to witness, and other thing that amazes me about them, is probably the way they interact and enjoy the time they spend together. There's a balance between the Clark and Superman aspect of his life. I've realised that Clark is more carefree and has fun with Lois and it's great to see him without the weight on his shoulders, for a chance.

Darkspellmaster: I honestly don't know. The Superman DCnU comics that I've read, well...I've noticed that Clark is kinda detached of people, even if Jimmy is 'living' with him, and I haven't seen him smile, really really smile yet. He seems so serious. So it's difficult to say if we can consider them as friends, or if they are going to develop any kind of friendship for the time being.
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Well that's just depressing. I was looking at some old issues I have, particually the one of Batman and Lois that lead into the Batman/Superman teamup, and Bruce was impressed by her noting that they (Clark and Lois) compliment one another. In his civilian form Lois was the counter to Clark. He played up the softer of the two, while she was the more daring, which was really nice to see. And Clark, why no real smile. You need to smile! You are not Bruce, you are not supposed to be grim and bitter. :(

On a related note, I loved the chemistry that Lois and Clark had in certain media. Especially when I look back at "Lois & Clark" the TV series and the chemistry they had with each other on every level of their relationship.

I've always loved the Lois and Clark relationship. It's been one of my favorite romances. They really do compliment each other and have a loving relationship. Well, they did at least... Their love for each other was one of those things that transcended the multiverse. It was great how Lois understood Clark and his duties as Superman. She was one of the few women who could keep up with Superman. Whey they got married in the previous continuity, it felt right.

It felt like real progress to have them get married, IMO. After decades of them chasing each other, it was great to see them together. I really like how Lois stopped being the damsel in distress and became the tough, go getter reporter she evolved into. It made the romance work that much better. So I miss that romance. I hope we get to see it happen in the DCnU.

There have been a couple of hints in the DCnU. Over in Action, Captain Comet was messing with Superman's brain. Superman was seeing a version of the world that would make him the happiest and seeing what he really wanted. In that scene, he was getting married to Lois. I believe it was the issue where he has to perform surgery on Lois to save her. Clark has shown some jealousy of Lois' new boyfriend over in Superman a few times too. In Superman #1 he gets all mopey after swinging by Lois' apartment and John is there. Clark also storms off after seeing the text that John and Lois are moving in together.

Live action (movies & tv shows) Clark and Lois!!! ^-^

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/imag...lis-george.jpg

*Waiting for Henry and Amy to join the club, hahaha!!*
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-22-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Amazing couple, as much as I'd like to celebrate their story I can't help to feel great sadness at their current state in the comics, their relationship doesn't exist, not even their work relationship of a solid friendship. At this point I feel like it's been ruined forever, even if they get back together in 100 years from now. If that ever happens. Sorry for the negative post, it's just sad.

Last edited by misslane38; 11-22-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    well, now you're just trying to make me cry lol

this is cruel

What the two aren't together in DCNU? You'll be telling me next Clark doesn't work for Perry White at the Planet anymore.

For me, I prefer the set-up where Superman's best friends are all "normal" humans, and he has plenty of super hero colleagues.

It baffles me why in a brand new universe they make changes like this (basically pointless)... but leave absurdities like non metas fighting super heroes (not to mention gun men) with a bow and arrow.
    Last edited by jackdaw53; 11-23-2012 at 04:03 AM.

So many pretty pics...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

LOVE SCENES (LIVE ACTION)

SUPERMAN II (from 5:58 onwards):

L & C: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ_rg92qdvo (The honeymoon!!! ^o^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VusZT1XNdoo (I wonder how they got up there?! XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-JtMiCc9tM (Hehe! Heat vision...;P)

SMALLVILLE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMMyTa-6-YI (Their first time in the present: epi Harvest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6xFdL16Ac (This is the week after Harvest -yep, they didn't left the house for an entire week...superstamina FTW, hahahaha!!!-. Besides thanks to this one...I'll never see a porchswing in the same way, again XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Bm230j_aI (Their 'futuristic' first time: this happened in an Alternate timeline: episode Pandora)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV23SLFwBsw (Thanks to this one, the legendary tag #and then they had... was created, hahahaha!!)

AWESOME CHEMISTRY BETWEEN EACH CLARK & LOIS!!! =D
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-24-2012 at 06:09 PM.