Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 161
  1. #16
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,624

    Default

    **avoiding the racism discussion and staying on topic**

    Blade I was the best film in the series; the rest were a total waste of time. Oh, and Patton Oswald is a douche. He really irritates the hell out of me for some reason--hated him in Caprica.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Hey! You're discriminating against the people who DON'T use the internet for porn!
    Wait...there are people who don't search out porn online?!? That's almost as rare as honesty in politics.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 11-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

    PHOENIX INVICTUS!

  2. #17
    Lest We Forget The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In the darkest regions of my mind
    Posts
    12,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    **avoiding the racism discussion and staying on topic**

    Blade I was the best film in the series; the rest were a total waste of time. Oh, and Patton Oswald is a douche. He really irritates the hell out of me for some reason--hated him in Caprica.
    I don't mind him, and actually find him pretty funny-- As long as he's not talking about politics or religion. Because when he talks about either, he comes across as one of those douchebags who doesn't have their beliefs because of a lot of thought and soul-searching, but because he thinks it makes him look 'smart', and everyone who doesn't believe the same is an idiot.

    Wait...there are people who don't search out porn online?!? That's almost as rare as honesty in politics.
    Don't be ridiculous, there are a LOT more people who don't search for porn online than there is honesty in politics.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

    - C.S. Lewis

    Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

  3. #18
    Y? Cause I Gotta! JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Wait...there are people who don't search out porn online?!? That's almost as rare as honesty in politics.
    You search for it? It always just sort of comes to me on it's own.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

  4. #19
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,331

    Default

    Basically ....if you read Oswald's entire deal , its like Snipes lost his mind , locked himself away from the entire cast & crew and never spoke to anyone.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #20
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Basically ....if you read Oswald's entire deal , its like Snipes lost his mind , locked himself away from the entire cast & crew and never spoke to anyone.

    Yeah, he said:

    AVC: If you were trying to be in character all the time as a vampire killer, being high all the time might not help.

    PO: A lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there. We would all just think of things for him to say and then cut to Wesley’s face not doing anything because that’s all we could get from him. It was kind of funny. We were like, “What are the worst jokes and puns that we can say to this guy?” And then it would just be his face going, “Mmm.” “Smiles are contagious.” It’s so, so dumb. [Laughs.] That was an example of a very troubled shoot that we made fun. You have to find a way to make it fun.

    I almost put the whole Blade bit from the A.V. Club interview so no one would come in and say something like: Snipes was forced out for a white guy.

  6. #21
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I almost put the whole Blade bit from the A.V. Club interview so no one would come in and say something like: Snipes was forced out for a white guy.
    Except nothing in the interview actually disputes that assertion.

  7. #22
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Except nothing in the interview actually disputes that assertion.
    It says a lot of Ryan Reynolds' lines came from Snipes not coming to set. It sounds like Reynolds part got bigger because Snipes wouldn't come out of his trailer, and they just stopped dealing with him.

  8. #23
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Except nothing in the interview actually disputes that assertion.
    Uh, how about the fact he flat out says: "A lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there"

    Yes, but he's talking bad stuff about a black guy, that clearly must be because he's a racist liar.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

    I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!


    Donald M.

  9. #24
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Heck I'd forgotten Patton was even in the Blade movie, but it's easy to forget that movie. Wesley Snipes sounds like a douchebag, you'd think someone who smokes weed all day would be more mellow. I'd of burst out laughing right in his face if I was there when the whole garbage t-shirt thing happened.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  10. #25
    BANNED Phil Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Charles, Mo
    Posts
    5,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Except nothing in the interview actually disputes that assertion.
    I disagree. If anything the interview says pretty categorically that the white guy (Reynolds) had to have his role increased due to the fact that Snipes refused to come out of his trailer except for closeups and that even then he really wasn't playing well with others.

    If I had been Goyer, and Snipes had choked me, I would have had him escorted from the set, then told the studio that we needed to recast the role and reshoot some stuff, and proceeded to film what I could until the next Blade was cast.

    Actors should not be treated any differently than any other employee. If they assualt their boss or co-worker (depending on how you view the director) they should be terminated. Period. End of story.

  11. #26
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I disagree. If anything the interview says pretty categorically that the white guy (Reynolds) had to have his role increased due to the fact that Snipes refused to come out of his trailer except for closeups and that even then he really wasn't playing well with others.

    If I had been Goyer, and Snipes had choked me, I would have had him escorted from the set, then told the studio that we needed to recast the role and reshoot some stuff, and proceeded to film what I could until the next Blade was cast.

    Actors should not be treated any differently than any other employee. If they assualt their boss or co-worker (depending on how you view the director) they should be terminated. Period. End of story.
    that is not how it works....you don't tell the studio, they tell you

    and they usually say get it done or we will get someone who will
    Support your local roller derby league

  12. #27
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I disagree. If anything the interview says pretty categorically that the white guy (Reynolds) had to have his role increased due to the fact that Snipes refused to come out of his trailer except for closeups and that even then he really wasn't playing well with others.

    None of which actually disputes the original root assertion about the source of the trouble between Snipes and Goyer.

    The story that's been out there since before the movie was even released was that the conflict between Goyer and Snipes was rooted in the fact that Snipes disliked the script and that Goyer brought in Reynolds and Biel (two young white actors) to play central roles in what Snipes considered "his" film and that he was pissed off that his character was marginalized in his own movie. That was reportedly the source of the power struggle between Snipes and Goyer and what Snipes used as his excuse to act out. Snipes issues with the script and the casting were the impetus for his attitude (justified or not). Everything that happened after filming started was fallout from that (including Reynolds possibly getting more lines when Snipes stopped showing up to the set). Now, I have no idea how much, if any, of the backstory is true (and don't much care, really), but there's nothing in that interview with Oswald that directly disputes it.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.

  13. #28
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    If I had been Goyer, and Snipes had choked me, I would have had him escorted from the set, then told the studio that we needed to recast the role and reshoot some stuff, and proceeded to film what I could until the next Blade was cast.
    Hell I would of tried to sue him or something like that. He needs to be taken down a peg or two..and suing him especially might do that since IIRC he had problems at one time with the IRS or something.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-22-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  14. #29
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    He needs to be taken down a peg or two..and suing him especially might do that since IIRC he had problems at one time with the IRS or something.
    I think the IRS already took care of the whole "knocking him down" thing pretty handily by sending him to prison.

  15. #30
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think the IRS already took care of the whole "knocking him down" thing pretty handily by sending him to prison.
    Oh he actually served time? Interesting, I remember hearing about him fleeing to Africa. How much time did he serve?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •