Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingStorms View Post
    I like how Batman calls Superman the most important person in the world, and how Cheetah was so powerful but its was Aquaman that stopped her.
    And an entire school of Goliath Tigerfish. Eff those things.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Wasn't much of a fan of this issue, mostly because I was expecting a big showdown between Cheetah and the League....and, yet, she was taken down pretty easily. I wanted at least another issue or two of her fighting them.

BANNED

Is it just me, or is Hal's exit just suspicious enough to think Johns is now using his absence to promote Aquaman as someone credible?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    And an entire school of Goliath Tigerfish. Eff those things.
    Well clearly she was faking. Considering it ends with her talking to someone and waiting for Black Manta to show up. So a plan seems to be afoot amongst top rogues.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    what are friends for. Bats just recording everything so Supes can watch it later on his HD TW back at the fortress of solitude.
    We'v a feeling dat Bruce may b a lil lovey-dovey 4 WW or perhaps wishes he had a companion as awesome as WW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    We'v a feeling dat Bruce may b a lil lovey-dovey 4 WW or perhaps wishes he had a companion as awesome as WW.
    Or Johns is just trying too hard to be Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    This is supposed to be taking place in the present day, right? These guys have been together for 5 years and they still act like they don't know each other or are uncomfortable around each other.
    We don't know how many missions they've been on in the past five years. They may have had really infrequent get-togethers before now,

Anyway, good issue. Aquaman won this one. Back-up was excellent with Black Adam being back in all his glory - great new costume - and more hi-jinks and shenanigans from Billy and Freddy.

I'm hoping we see more of the alien sun god who was taken out by the Godslayer - which looks an awful lot like the knife Wonder Woman was wielding in the For Tomorrow arc by Azzarello and Lee.

Also, I bet the next panel after the last page of this issue was Bats hollering for Alfred to bring him some popcorn.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingStorms View Post
    I like how Batman calls Superman the most important person in the world, and how Cheetah was so powerful but its was Aquaman that stopped her.
    I actually thought that was funny too. Particularly that Batman line.

Per usual of the series so far - very entertaining read. Great art, enjoyable interactions (even if some characters are inconsistent/out-of-character), etc. I've said since #1, I don't mind the cheesy/tactless/heavy-handed/etc dialog as I see it as intentional since (I believe) this is primarily being written for the younger crowd, given it's the flagship title for DC.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    We don't know how many missions they've been on in the past five years. They may have had really infrequent get-togethers before now,
    I was gonna say that. One could infer, based on the relationship dynamics of the members, that A LOT of stuff was retconned, even more than we think. Granted, even if some events (not like major comic events, but just things in general) are in-continuity, they still could've been slightly different, given that Prime Earth (post-FP) has its own history, afaik.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-21-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

I'm not gonna lie, that last shot of Batman was pure badassery.

Constructive criticism: Dialog seems cheesy a couple times, Superman and Diana interactions feel forced and uncreative

Art was nice.

Only part I enjoyed about this issue was the Shazam backup. I thought the main feature was way to quick of a read as usual and that there was too much Supes//WW promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well clearly she was faking. Considering it ends with her talking to someone and waiting for Black Manta to show up. So a plan seems to be afoot amongst top rogues.
    Uh, duh, Black Manta and Cheetah.....what supervillain team have they both been a part of in the past?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Uh, duh, Black Manta and Cheetah.....what supervillain team have they both been a part of in the past?
    Legion of Doo...Failure?

Justice League #14

Plot:

Wondy must fight her former BFF in order to save her from the Cheetah spirit, but her attempts could be very much in vain. Meanwhile, Black Atom and Sivana return to America and trouble continues.

Our Heroes:

Oh Wonder Woman, who needs a big hug!

Our Villain:

Screw your jungle bikinis, natural fur all the way!

Our Side Characters:

Does this tribe count as side characters or just people needed to dump exposition on us?

Action:

Cat fight! Pun may or may not be intentional.

Dialogue:

Oh doesn’t love good old corny love lines?

Art:

Facial expressions come two modes: Angry and Neutral

Most Memorable Moment:

You don’t mess with Aquaman and his Piranhas.

Final Page:

Stalker!!!

Final Page of Backup:

AH! It’s the Blob!!

What We Should Take from This Comic:

Making true friends for Wonder Woman is very difficult and so is connecting with others. At least she still her friends at the Justice League and Superman in order to help her out.

What We Do Take From This Comic:

So how is Cheetah talking to Black Manta? Wouldn’t the league have searched her for weapons or items when bringing her to her cage?

Yay or Nay?

Yay

BANNED

The end was cute lol Superman and Wonder Woman are good together.

Love the superman/wonder woman bits. Really good progession of this courtship. Love Daniels art.

Bruce, hope you only spying because you care and not because you're all paranoid again. Now as for spying on them...Clark could know and just have a lot of confidence that his friend would respect what he sees but if Clark does not know...hmm, he might be pissed.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )