Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

double post
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-29-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    The only time I can see him meeting with Lois in his appartment after he kissed WW but before he goes on a date with WW is in the "5 days later" caption written in JL #13 before Diana goes to fight with Cheetah, I guess.
    That's what I meant initially, that it's after 13. I implied it chronologically, not in terms of issues per se.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-29-2012 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The intent behind the unmasking scene wasn't bad, but JL as a whole has been a dumb book, and the lack of build up to the unmasking scene was part of it. But the whole idea of Batman humbling and trying to build trust in the team wasn't really that bad as an intention.

For all the problems I have with JL, I actually like how Batman functions in the team. He serves as the tactician and the cold thinker of the team, rather than the absurd Mary Sue he usually becomes. I also enjoyed Batman Earth One, more so than Court of Owls.
    Earth One was an extremely rushed book which just had a spoilt annoying brat who only became a likable character in the last page. The supporting characters where great though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Earth One was an extremely rushed book which just had a spoilt annoying brat who only became a likable character in the last page. The supporting characters where great though.
    No less likable than he is in most books.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    I kinda like the unlikable Bruce. He was a brat, and in its own way, it was a reinvention that made sense.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I kinda like the unlikable Bruce. He was a brat, and in its own way, it was a reinvention that made sense.
    Isn't that just him being Damian?

BANNED

Alfred's first reaction to Damian was "Ahh, memory lane." It's always been that way.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Lol, back in college I thought my crush was the most amazing girl ever, until my gf came along. See where I'm going with this? Nothing is set in stone. You seem to be a little too caught up on a single adjective. Like I and others have said, Clark only just started getting to know Diana, where as, he has known Lois for a while now.
    Except Clark has known both these women for years and apparently he never even thought about Diana as compared to Lois.

I'm not surprissed Lois is doing the whole "We're just friends and that's all we will ever be," thing. That is not uncommon for couples who end up together in literature.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Except Clark has known both these women for years and apparently he never even thought about Diana as compared to Lois.

I'm not surprissed Lois is doing the whole "We're just friends and that's all we will ever be," thing. That is not uncommon for couples who end up together in literature.
    It is somewhat annoying that the story seems to be going to be told largely from the Superman pov.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

It is somewhat annoying that the story seems to be going to be told largely from the Superman pov.
    What the SM title or JL? The first 12 issues of Superman was mediocre at best. This is almost like a fresh start, while trying to reference and resolve some of the stuff Perez did. Superman/Clark needs to be the focus. They really need to world build and expand the cast some more and Lobdell is doing that. Johns has hinted Diana will take Clark somewhere important to her in JL.
    Last edited by kylesgirl; 11-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Well for one, Clark doesn't know Diana near as much as he knows Lois. He had more interaction with Lois and they are "best" friends for a long time. Diana in JL issue 14 says she doesn't know enough about him (Supes says "lets change that"). So this is something that's only beginning. And so far, Diana has already started to make an impression on him and vice versa as shown in JL 14. But I understand where you are coming from.

You have quoted that sentence wrong and possibly confused yourself. She says "You are my best friend. That is not going to change ever." That means that whether Superman ends with Diana, Lois or a 5th dimension imp, Lois claims that she will remain his best friend. As simple as that really, no twist or turn.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Well for one, Clark doesn't know Diana near as much as he knows Lois. He had more interaction with Lois and they are "best" friends for a long time. Diana in JL issue 14 says she doesn't know enough about him (Supes says "lets change that"). So this is something that's only beginning. And so far, Diana has already started to make an impression on him and vice versa as shown in JL 14. But I understand where you are coming from.
    Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if Clark's assessment of these two women changes. But, for the time being, Lois remains the most amazing woman Clark has ever known. I think it's great that after he's know her for five years -- seen Lois at her best and at her worst -- Clark is still able to feel so strongly about her.

You have quoted that sentence wrong and possibly confused yourself. She says "You are my best friend. That is not going to change ever." That means that whether Superman ends with Diana, Lois or a 5th dimension imp, Lois claims that she will remain his best friend. As simple as that really, no twist or turn.
    I would agree, if the context of the conversation was different. In this case, however, Lois is trying to reassure Clark that no matter what changes happen in their lives, she will always be a friend to him. She's not shutting down any hope Clark might have of being with her someday.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    What the SM title or JL? The first 12 issues of Superman was mediocre at best. This is almost like a fresh start, while trying to reference and resolve some of the stuff Perez did. Superman/Clark needs to be the focus. They really need to world build and expand the cast some more and Lobdell is doing that. Johns has hinted Diana will take Clark somewhere important to her in JL.
    Part of what I mean is that I am not going to start buying all the Superman titles just to follow what is going on with Wonder Woman. Especially when it is not going to have the slightest impact on her own book.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Isn't that just him being Damian?
    .....Of course not.
    I mean, Damian isn't just a brat. He's an aristocratic kid raised as a serial killer. He tries to sounds and act like an adult (or at least like how he thinks an adult should act), but has no idea what that actually means, so he talks like Dr Doom.
    Bruce is an overprotected spoilled child who encounters tragedy and react in the most childish way he can think of: dressing up as a bat and beating the crap out of the people he assumes to be responsible.
    Damian doesn't even know what the word means when we meet him.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Part of what I mean is that I am not going to start buying all the Superman titles just to follow what is going on with Wonder Woman. Especially when it is not going to have the slightest impact on her own book.
    Well Azz's WW is not going to impact on anything much as far as I can see. Not JL. Not Superman. Not Steve. etc. Least that is what he keeps saying. So it's a choice you make and if you don't really care for that pairing, no reason you should. If you want to see Lobdell's interpretation of her out of curiousity there is Superman #16 where she is on the cover.