Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 302
  1. #256

    Default

    Amazing =/= Attractive or whatever other adjectives you want to use. >_>

    It can mean respect, it can even mean a tinge of fear.

    Lois possibly awes him to the point that he hasn't considered a romantic aspect to their relationship because...well, amongst other things, he thinks she's above his level by whatever combination of qualities she has. Diana, on the other hand, might have super powers, but eh, so does he, and she's shown some serious vulnerabilities lately. Basically, in his interactions with Lois, he hasn't seen any real chinks in her emotional armour, but he's definitely seen well enough that Diana, for all her powers and her big heart, is far from perfect.

  2. #257
    Ghost of Perdition Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcg16 View Post
    Amazing =/= Attractive or whatever other adjectives you want to use. >_>

    It can mean respect, it can even mean a tinge of fear.

    Lois possibly awes him to the point that he hasn't considered a romantic aspect to their relationship because...well, amongst other things, he thinks she's above his level by whatever combination of qualities she has. Diana, on the other hand, might have super powers, but eh, so does he, and she's shown some serious vulnerabilities lately. Basically, in his interactions with Lois, he hasn't seen any real chinks in her emotional armour, but he's definitely seen well enough that Diana, for all her powers and her big heart, is far from perfect.
    That's one way to look at it. I'm not sure I agree with everything, but it's certainly an interesting analogy.

  3. #258
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Superman 14 takes place after JL 13 and prior to JL 14.
    Huh? Didn't 13 end on a cliff hanger?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  4. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Huh? Didn't 13 end on a cliff hanger?
    I think Noc means after JL 12 and prior JL 13.
    So it would be:
    JL 12 > SM 13 > SM14 > JL13 > JL14

  5. #260
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would actually agree there. Lois is not only taken but she isn't interested anyway (at least, she sure doesn't seem to care when she thinks Kara is his new girl). Then when he's not expecting it someone else comes along that catches his fancy. Someone who is interested in him as well. What some are seeing as some sort of sabotage of Johns' story in JL I see as a natural progression to resolve things for the time being to remove Lois as the elephant in the room before he and Diana "officially" get together. And it does so without undermining his current dynamic with Lois. Attractions have been established, whenever they want to explore Lois and Clark again way down the road, no real set up needed. Win/win from a writing standpoint as I see it.
    I agree. This is the natural progression. For Lois to be interested, but not to know that she is interested... yet

    ...yet.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  6. #261
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,525

    Default

    Here's a thought out of the blue. Wonder if it could be revealed that Batman's actually concerned about Superman here. He talks about Superman being his friend and trusting him, then we see him spying on him. The initial reaction (from me at least) is empty words give way to paranoia again. But maybe not. Maybe its not him he's wary of. Maybe its Diana that Batman doesn't trust. Knowing him, he's probably boned up as much as he can on the Amazons, and as we know, when it comes to men its not a pretty picture anymore. Maybe he worries she just wants to use him for power or something. Bear in mind I'm not suggesting any of this would be anything close to on the mark. This would be a case of Batman being totally off, in fact. But, despite how strange it is, the League is not close even after five years, he doesn't know her well. The situation seems to be that besides Superman/Batman and Hal/Barry, no one knows each other well. So it might make sense if Wonder Woman is what Batman is leery of here.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-29-2012 at 01:49 AM.

  7. #262
    Senior Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's a thought out of the blue. Wonder if it could be revealed that Batman's actually concerned about Superman here. He talks about Superman being his friend and trusting him, then we see him spying on him. The initial reaction (from me at least) is empty words give way to paranoia again. But maybe not. Maybe its not him he's wary of. Maybe its Diana that Batman doesn't trust. Knowing him, he's probably boned up as much as he can on the Amazons, and as we know, when it comes to men its not a pretty picture anymore. Maybe he worries she just wants to use him for power or something. Bear in mind I'm not suggesting any of this would be anything close to on the mark. This would be a case of Batman being totally off, in fact. But, despite how strange it is, the League is not close even after five years, he doesn't know her well. The situation seems to be that besides Superman/Batman and Hal/Barry, no one knows each other well. So it might make sense if Wonder Woman is what Batman is leery of here.
    Superman has been working hard to get Diana to open up and trust him. Her inexperience and taking people at face value has been abused by Minerva and to be honest everyone assumes Diana is not affected by what the media says. I am sure it does. We have a young woman under a lot of social pressure as well to behave like us...judging her by our values and norms...she was not raised as we were (WW #0 alone explains a lot to me) and she seems to have been pressured to get into a deeper relationship when she's not ready. Clark told her she can trust the League. She can trust him.

    Now does Clark know he has a tracer on him? What is it even made of? If he does Diana is going to be pissed. If he does not both will be pissed at Bruce. Bruce might have good intentions...who knows Bruce's words...Superman is my friend...tell me this will work...it could be applied to him and Diana too. I am wondering if Bruce simply thinks they are being impulsive and careless...going openly to Smallville. I am sure the news would pick up on it and TMZ would be speculating. Bruce, just being Bruce, probably does not like team members dating etc. Bruce is going to have to come with a real good excuse. Will he tell them anything or just continue to spy remains to be seen.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

  8. #263
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's a thought out of the blue. Wonder if it could be revealed that Batman's actually concerned about Superman here. He talks about Superman being his friend and trusting him, then we see him spying on him. The initial reaction (from me at least) is empty words give way to paranoia again. But maybe not. Maybe its not him he's wary of. Maybe its Diana that Batman doesn't trust. Knowing him, he's probably boned up as much as he can on the Amazons, and as we know, when it comes to men its not a pretty picture anymore. Maybe he worries she just wants to use him for power or something. Bear in mind I'm not suggesting any of this would be anything close to on the mark. This would be a case of Batman being totally off, in fact. But, despite how strange it is, the League is not close even after five years, he doesn't know her well. The situation seems to be that besides Superman/Batman and Hal/Barry, no one knows each other well. So it might make sense if Wonder Woman is what Batman is leery of here.
    Well based on her actions in JL lately he would certainly have reason to be wary. But there is also the fact that he is spying on his friend.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  9. #264
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Superman has been working hard to get Diana to open up and trust him. Her inexperience and taking people at face value has been abused by Minerva and to be honest everyone assumes Diana is not affected by what the media says. I am sure it does. We have a young woman under a lot of social pressure as well to behave like us...judging her by our values and norms...she was not raised as we were (WW #0 alone explains a lot to me) and she seems to have been pressured to get into a deeper relationship when she's not ready. Clark told her she can trust the League. She can trust him.

    Now does Clark know he has a tracer on him? What is it even made of? If he does Diana is going to be pissed. If he does not both will be pissed at Bruce. Bruce might have good intentions...who knows Bruce's words...Superman is my friend...tell me this will work...it could be applied to him and Diana too. I am wondering if Bruce simply thinks they are being impulsive and careless...going openly to Smallville. I am sure the news would pick up on it and TMZ would be speculating. Bruce, just being Bruce, probably does not like team members dating etc. Bruce is going to have to come with a real good excuse. Will he tell them anything or just continue to spy remains to be seen.
    I found it baffling that Clark would take her to Smallville like that, and also that he would openly acknowledge he knew people there. They might be fooled by a smarter person might start wondering what was going on and putting peices together, especially if she were seen at the Kent farm.

    As to the tracker, I am guessing it is a radioactive particle of some sort that give off a specific energy signature that can be tracked through devices like mobile phone towers and such if you have the proper software. By using triangulation and GPS tracking Bruce can then follow Clark's movements with Waye Enterprises communication satellites [dont know if that is even a thing but sounds plausible
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  10. #265
    Senior Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I found it baffling that Clark would take her to Smallville like that, and also that he would openly acknowledge he knew people there. They might be fooled by a smarter person might start wondering what was going on and putting peices together, especially if she were seen at the Kent farm.

    As to the tracker, I am guessing it is a radioactive particle of some sort that give off a specific energy signature that can be tracked through devices like mobile phone towers and such if you have the proper software. By using triangulation and GPS tracking Bruce can then follow Clark's movements with Waye Enterprises communication satellites [dont know if that is even a thing but sounds plausible
    They're young. Feelings of love and attraction can make one almost fearless/impulsive too. Superman looks like a guy who decided to just sieze the day. Bruce is older, wiser...a dad...surrogate Dadfigure to many...maybe he see's that they need to be more careful. Add the usual Batman paranoia...it's essential to be Batman...we get what we get. I wonder if Bruce just stumbled on the signal or he checks up on Superman regularly and it looks like he really was not watching long. One hopes.

    Maybe Batman has a super crush on Clark. lol.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

  11. #266
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    she seems to have been pressured to get into a deeper relationship when she's not ready.
    I would like to see clear, unambiguous evidence this happened.

  12. #267
    French-Canadian Frank Fournier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Like there's some rule that in a man's heart he can only find one woman amazing.
    Instead of thinking "Lois is amazing", he comes to realize that Lois is the most amazing woman he has ever met every time he sees her. He's doing the hyberbole. I don't mind it. He's in love with Lois while she isn't interested [yet] and Diana is simply a second choice for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    A single kiss doesn't suddenly make people fall in love.
    Superman and Wonder Woman aren't in love is exactly my point. I don't mind it. She's in love with Steve while he's interested but...you know.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

  13. #268
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,180

    Default

    Who do you think is the person showing up at the end of the preview? Could it be Wonder Woman? (Lois looks somewhat disconcerted to see whoever it is; I wonder if she's thinking that Clark has actually found an even more desirable woman.)

    Also, what do you all think about Lois' observation that Clark looks lovestruck over another woman (whom we know to be Wonder Woman)? Doesn't this suggest that Wonder Woman really has begun to make a big impression on him, even though she hasn't yet edged out Lois as "most amazing woman" in his eyes?

    It could be that his romance with Wonder Woman is starting out as infatuation but will become deeper as they get to know each other better. After all, until now they've only been colleagues, not close personal friends (in this continuity).

    In the long run, I tend to agree with those who see Superman going back to Lois; that relationship is so iconic that getting rid of it permanently seems like an unlikely thing for DC to do.. But that doesn't mean he can't have a genuinely loving as well as passionate romance with Wonder Woman in the mean time.
    Last edited by slvn; 11-29-2012 at 09:39 AM.

  14. #269
    French-Canadian Frank Fournier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103

    Exclamation By the way...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Superman 14 takes place after JL 13 and prior to JL 14. Technically Supes didn't have the date. And prior to JL 14 he wasn't even sure what was going on with WW. (They've only agreed that the kiss was nice.) Considering that, Clarks attitude makes a lot of sense. We do know what he will do about Diana situation as seen in JL 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj4jw View Post
    I think Noc means after JL 12 and prior JL 13.
    So it would be:
    JL 12 > SM 13 > SM14 > JL13 > JL14
    The only time I can see him meeting with Lois in his appartment after he kissed WW but before he goes on a date with WW is in the "5 days later" caption written in JL #13 before Diana goes to fight with Cheetah, I guess.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

  15. #270
    Ghost of Perdition Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Instead of thinking "Lois is amazing", he comes to realize that Lois is the most amazing woman he has ever met every time he sees her. He's doing the hyberbole. I don't mind it. He's in love with Lois while she isn't interested [yet] and Diana is simply a second choice for him.



    Superman and Wonder Woman aren't in love is exactly my point. I don't mind it. She's in love with Steve while he's interested but...you know.
    Lol, back in college I thought my crush was the most amazing girl ever, until my gf came along. See where I'm going with this? Nothing is set in stone. You seem to be a little too caught up on a single adjective. Like I and others have said, Clark only just started getting to know Diana, where as, he has known Lois for a while now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •