Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 302
  1. #241
    French-Canadian Frank Fournier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103

    Exclamation Warning!

    Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Can you tell me that there is any evidence to suggest what we're seeing develop between Clark and Diana is more than mere infatuation? For myself, I don't know. I certainly can't claim I've seen enough of their relationship to determine if what appears to be a rebound won't eventually work itself out into something more real and significant.
    If nobody saw the preview for Superman # 14, here are what Clark Kent thinks about Lois Lane after a recaps of her good qualities on page 1:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14352

    "No matter how many times [Clark Kent] lay eyes on [Lois Lane]...[Clark Kent] is always taken aback at the realization that Lois Lane is the most AMAZING woman [Clark Kent] has ever met."

    Ahhhh, the beauty of a thought bubble. I miss them so much. I wish to read Diana's thoughts, too.

    Of course Clark and Lois are on a friendship status at the moment. But him being upset when he found out she's moving in with a guy after reading her text over her shoulder without her knowing and her being curious about his love life (which is about him kissing Wonder Woman; you can see it on page 4) is making me realize it's sad that he still thinks Lois Lane is "the most amazing woman he has ever met", even after working with Wonder Woman for 5 years. That's telling a lot about his not too deep feelings for Diana who isn't impressing him as much as Lois.

    It looks to be a mere infatuation, indeed. Clark and Diana are just compensating their frustration in each other arms until they can be with their real lovers later on...not before a soap opera style of conflicts, drama and angst is done, thought. That's the story coming up for Clark and Diana.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 11-28-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

  2. #242
    Ghost of Perdition Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    315

    Default

    @Frank Fournier

    Superman 14 takes place after JL 13 and prior to JL 14. Technically Supes didn't have the date. And prior to JL 14 he wasn't even sure what was going on with WW. (They've only agreed that the kiss was nice.) Considering that, Clarks attitude makes a lot of sense. We do know what he will do about Diana situation as seen in JL 14.

  3. #243
    Senior Member Don-Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,189

    Default

    Just passing by to say that the Apache Reservation is mentioned in Justice League Dark #14
    There is a lot of Constantine's notes, and there is this one under some lines about Shazam:

    "-Need to check out Cold Dog Apache Reservation: Arizona. Find the new kid."
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

  4. #244
    French-Canadian Frank Fournier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Superman 14 takes place after JL 13 and prior to JL 14. Technically Supes didn't have the date. And prior to JL 14 he wasn't even sure what was going on with WW. (They've only agreed that the kiss was nice.) Considering that, Clarks attitude makes a lot of sense. We do know what he will do about Diana situation as seen in JL 14.
    "You know what, no matter how many times I see Lois I can't stop realizing that Lois is the most amazing woman ever"...is the thought of somebody in awe and love with that woman while the other woman he kissed is less amazing in his mind because OTHERWISE it would not be such a big deal seeing Lois after kissing Diana.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 11-28-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

  5. #245
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    If nobody saw the preview for Superman # 14, here are what Clark Kent thinks about Lois Lane after a recaps of her good qualities on page 1:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14352

    "No matter how many times [Clark Kent] lay eyes on [Lois Lane]...[Clark Kent] is always taken aback at the realization that Lois Lane is the most AMAZING woman [Clark Kent] has ever met."

    Ahhhh, the beauty of a thought bubble. I miss them so much. I wish to read Diana's thoughts, too.

    Of course Clark and Lois are on a friendship status at the moment. But him being upset when he found out she's moving in with a guy after reading her text over her shoulder without her knowing and her being curious about his love life (which is about him kissing Wonder Woman; you can see it on page 4) is making me realize it's sad that he still thinks Lois Lane is "the most amazing woman he has ever met", even after working with Wonder Woman for 5 years. That's telling a lot about his not too deep feelings for Diana who isn't impressing him as much as Lois.

    It looks to be a mere infatuation, indeed. Clark and Diana are just compensating their frustration in each other arms until they can be with their real lovers later on...not before a soap opera style of conflicts, drama and angst is done, thought. That's the story coming up for Clark and Diana.

    yeah the editors should have probably checked Lobdell on this


  6. #246
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    LOL looks like I gotten beaten to this one.

    "The most amazing woman he has ever met."

    Oh my!

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=14352&pg=2
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  7. #247
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    So, just to be clear.

    He's kissed Diana.

    Twice.

    And here he is trying to work out "where he is" with Lois.

    Oh yes, my day just got a LOT better!

    And things are going to get a lot more interesting for Clark...and Lois... somewhere down the track.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  8. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So, just to be clear.

    He's kissed Diana.

    Twice.

    And here he is trying to work out "where he is" with Lois.

    Oh yes, my day just got a LOT better!

    And things are going to get a lot more interesting for Clark...and Lois... somewhere down the track.

    No he kissed Diana once and she flew away from him.

  9. #249
    Ghost of Perdition Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    "You know what, no matter how many times I see Lois I can't stop realizing that Lois is the most amazing woman ever"...is the thought of somebody in awe and love with that woman while the other woman he kissed is less amazing in his mind because OTHERWISE it would not be such a big deal seeing Lois after kissing Diana.
    O really? Most amazing women is bit of a stretch and I won't go into the semantics. Yes he is highly impressed by Lois. It's also understood that over the 5 year gap Clark has had more interaction with Lois than Diana - who seemed to be someone he is just getting to know better and vice versa. (Also note - this is prior to JL 14). People can be attracted to more than one person, and often at times it creates confusions and drama (courtesy of Steve and Lois inc), that I can do well without but what the hell.
    So it's really early to hold our nose and dive into the conclusion train. But whatever, have it your way if you please.

    Edit: For the sake of accuracy, the quote you quoted is spoken from a third person perspective.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-28-2012 at 03:27 PM.

  10. #250
    French-Canadian Frank Fournier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,103

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Edit: For the sake of accuracy, the quote you quoted is spoken from a third person perspective.
    Even if the third person is the writer telling us that Clark cannot stop realizing how Lois is the most amazing woman he has ever met, the fact is it's what Clark is thinking of Lois. Sure he can be attracted to more than one person but my point is: even if he was hanging out more with Lois than Diana in the last 5 years and even if he kissed Diana but not Lois, days after that he still thinks Lois is the most amazing woman ever. Clearly he isn't impressed by Diana. Clearly he's more attracted to Lois. He's even reading what Lois is texting when her back is turned, even if it's personal stuff. I have no idea what he's doing with Diana, other than comforting her loneliness during her nervous breakdown for losing her mother, her sisters and freaking out when she thought her would be lover Steve was dead. Clearly she's is more attracted to Steve. She was even ready to injure her teamates when she thought they would be in her way of rescuing Steve. I have no idea what she's doing with Clark, other than using him like he's comfort food during her nervous breakdown. So Diana is in love with Steve and Clark is in love with Lois. Writers said Diana and Clark are together because they got a story to tell and I see no love but negative stuff right from the start and I don't think it's gonna get better later.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 11-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

  11. #251
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    With all those clearlies, it sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself than us. Fact is none of what you say is "clear". Its your personal interpretation but none of the stuff you say is so mutually exclusive that it can only lead to the conclusion that Superman is "not that impressed" with Diana. That's ridiculous. Like there's some rule that in a man's heart he can only find one woman amazing. To believe that is to fall into the stereotype that comic book fans have never even talked to a girl.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-28-2012 at 05:04 PM.

  12. #252
    Ghost of Perdition Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    315

    Default

    @Frank Fournier
    I will argue Clark is more than impressed with Diana's kiss. As mentioned by Lois, he had a country mouse smile plastered on his face throughout the whole week, just because of a kiss. Which by the way ended by WW bailing out on him. The kiss itself was uncalled for in the first place and it just happened.

    A single kiss doesn't suddenly make people fall in love. To flat out claim he isn't impressed with Diana is nothing short of hyperbole.
    Clearly you are not reading Superman books. Clark reading Lois' personal text was not intentional. His intentions on wanting to know about the text were not wrong, but his action was. And Lobdel has been pushing the idea that Lois was his best friend for years. In contrast to that, Diana is almost unknown and mysterious to Clark.

    But like I said - imma let you roll with your story.
    Last edited by Nocturnus; 11-28-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: fixed

  13. #253
    Senior Member misslane38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I will argue Clark is more than impressed with Diana's kiss. As mentioned by Lois, he had a country mouse smile plastered on his face throughout the whole week, just because of a kiss. Which by the way ended by WW bailing out on him. The kiss itself was uncalled for in the first place and it just happened.
    It makes sense that the kiss with Diana made Clark smile. Like you said, the kiss just happened. It happened after a very difficult experience that intensified Clark and Diana's mutual sense of loneliness and the fear and sense of alienation that produces that fear. One can see in the Superman issue after the kiss happened, Clark does smile remembering the kiss right about the same time he's upset about Lois moving in with Jonathan. Clark expresses confusion about his feelings. He's aware that he's jealous of Jonathan and therefore unhappy about Lois getting closer to him (Jonathan) instead of starting something "serious" with him (Clark). In other words, Clark uses the kiss with Diana to make himself feel better about not being with Lois like he wants to be, which makes sense because right now both Clark and Diana are using each other to heal the wounds and escape the fear/pain/guilt they associate with not being able to be with and connect with the humans they care for so deeply (Steve and Lois).

    A single kiss doesn't suddenly make people fall in love. To flat out claim he isn't impressed with Diana is nothing short of hyperbole.
    I agree. Superman and Wonder Woman aren't in love, and the kiss did leave an impression of some kind. Exploring what that means for both of them, I think, makes sense and can ultimately be a good thing for both of them. They are both very new and somewhat immature where relationships are concerned. Hopefully, the relationship will teach them about themselves and help them mature in ways that will benefit the both of them. The kind of benefits will likely decide whether they stay together romantically or move on to other people.

    Clearly you are not reading Superman books. Clark reading Lois' text was not intentional. And Lobdel has been pushing the idea that Lois was his best friend for years. In contrast to that, Diana is almost unknown and mysterious to Clark.
    No, clearly you aren't. Clark did deliberately and intentionally read Lois' text. He thinks to himself that it's wrong before he does it, and does it anyway. He did it on purpose. And, yes, Lois and Clark are best friends and have been for years. Clark, however, has been depicted as wanting to be more than friends with Lois for over a year at least.

  14. #254
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Dune Sea.
    Posts
    11,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With all those clearlies, it sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself than us. Fact is none of what you say is "clear". Its your personal interpretation but none of the stuff you say is so mutually exclusive that it can only lead to the conclusion that Superman is "not that impressed" with Diana. That's ridiculous. Like there's some rule that in a man's heart he can only find one woman amazing. To believe that is to fall into the stereotype that comic book fans have never even talked to a girl.
    If I had any doubts before as far as the new 52 goes this dispelled them. He's only pursuing Diana because he cant have Lois. I wonder what Amy Farrah Fowler would predict as Lois' reaction to upcoming events.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”


  15. #255
    Veteran Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,534

    Default

    I would actually agree there. Lois is not only taken but she isn't interested anyway (at least, she sure doesn't seem to care when she thinks Kara is his new girl). Then when he's not expecting it someone else comes along that catches his fancy. Someone who is interested in him as well. What some are seeing as some sort of sabotage of Johns' story in JL I see as a natural progression to resolve things for the time being to remove Lois as the elephant in the room before he and Diana "officially" get together. And it does so without undermining his current dynamic with Lois. Attractions have been established, whenever they want to explore Lois and Clark again way down the road, no real set up needed. Win/win from a writing standpoint as I see it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-28-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •