Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    R.I.P Daken.
    Yeah! Let's hope this one sticks! A shame Mystique won't be among the dead, but nothing is perfect.

I loved Sabretooth in the end. I don't know when he became the one with brains and Logan the stronger but dumber one, but I can't say he wasn't entertaining.

Overall, Final Execution was good, but suffered from being too long, while at the same time this last issue felt a little too rushed, although it worked.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    I'm pretty sure daken has only died once before. No way was this the ending we were promised. First off remender said it would explained how daken returned the first time..
    Second daken dies in no time. From the same thing that took forever to kill wolverine..dosnt daken have a healing factor?
    And thirdly, my IMO remender didnt know dakens character at all..how could he allow daken to be so easily manipulated by sabertooth. Dakens a master manipulator and he didnt do any of that. If u look back to the panels in the earlier issues where sabertooth was trying to manipulate him..it looks like daken is planning something of his own. Then he just dies.
    And forth. What happened to all his fighting skill. He use to be Abel to kick wolverines ass easily.
    Art was crap and story was predictable. Good job remender and noto
    Yeah, sounds rubbish. Glad I'm not reading.

Only one issue left . I did enjoy this one very much though and Wolverine killing Daken was very sad especially the panels showing the potential life the two could of had as father and son. Another reason why Sabertooth is my favorite villain for Wolverine he just knows his weak spots and knows how to perfectly twist them. I also liked that Deadpool killed the Skinless Man in memory of Fantomex since they became really close on the team before his death.
    The Main Man.

Daken was only the third character that Remender brought brack to life without explanation just to kill him again.

Idk I felt like this was garbage. Uncanny X-Force has gone from my favorite comic I'm pulling to one of the biggest disappointments. I'll just talk about Daken for now

Daken is a master manipulator and a nihilist as shown in his solo series
    Daken "died" at the end of his solo series
    Remender brings him back without explanation to show him get manipulated by Sabretooth in a pathetic fashion. He also establishes that Daken just really really wants his dad's love.
    He did all of this to retread a Jason Aaron plotline. Oh noes Wolverine killed his kid....is this gonna cause a Schism?

So Wolverine goes crazy and kills someone again, another of his kids. Will we get another school out of this? I've always been pro education.

AoA Kurt really doesn't have a clue about this Mystique, does he?

I really like the idea of Sabertooth outsmarting Wolvie, at least Remender isn't sticking to cliche's with that character. In his early X- appearances he was smarter and more calculating, not just some feral hulk.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.

My theory is Daken gets brought back by the Hand every time he dies, and every time he is brought back he forgets everything (memories, skills) but the desire to kill Wolverine

Boo all around. We've seen everyone of these tricks before during Remender's run. This was TEE-EYE-RED

Quote Originally Posted by Daken's Girl View Post
    THIS! And I really start to hate comic-Wolverine. Daken needs a writer that actually understands the character. >: (
    He had that in Marjorie Liu.

Not that his "death" matters here, and as has been mentioned in this thread he shouldn't have been the puppet in this, especially to someone like Sabertooth.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Well, there's the corner of Hell with Wolverine's dad, and him mentoring all the Mongrels.

That, in theory, is where Daken would end up, with all Logan's other kills. And he might not want to face down the Mongrels, considering they would be aware that Daken set them up to die at their father's hand. Aaron teased all of them in that hell before his Wolverine run ended... it still could be coming.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Deadpool actually does something that matters? I might actually pick up this issue.

For people complaining that this story was similar to other stories previously in the book...

So, you're saying this book has a theme?

I don't believe for one second that Daken is dead. I think Remender forgot he has a healing factor. You'd have to throw him into a volcano to be sure he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    Deadpool actually does something that matters? I might actually pick up this issue.
    I haven't like the past few issues in general, but I think Deadpool has been written pretty well in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    That's cool. Hopefully he survives this death too.
    Head canon says he does and that's really all I need. (It worked for the first "death"!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Daken was only the third character that Remender brought back to life without explanation just to kill him again.
    LOL really? Not that I doubt you but who else did Remender bring back and kill?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesProudstar View Post
    Idk I felt like this was garbage. Uncanny X-Force has gone from my favorite comic I'm pulling to one of the biggest disappointments. I'll just talk about Daken for now

Daken is a master manipulator and a nihilist as shown in his solo series
    Daken "died" at the end of his solo series
    Remender brings him back without explanation to show him get manipulated by Sabretooth in a pathetic fashion. He also establishes that Daken just really really wants his dad's love.
    He did all of this to retread a Jason Aaron plotline. Oh noes Wolverine killed his kid....is this gonna cause a Schism?
    That summarizes it pretty well. I'm just going to cherry pick the moments I liked (a few spots of dialogue) and ink over the rest. And even if he really, truly, this-time-for-real! died, there's always the Hand or something like that. I am completely okay with crazy resurrection stories.