Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

That was kind a lame. It looked pretty though.

This issue continued to match the high standards that Remender has set for Uncanny X-Force. It makes me all the more disappointed that there's only one issue left. But I thought the ending here was a bit weak. X-Force really didn't do anything to beat the Brotherhood. They pretty much just beat themselves by Genesis jumping the gun so to speak. I also would have liked to see what happened with Nightcrawler and Mystique, but I'm content to wait for the next issue. I also liked the whole battle with Daken and Wolverine where they contemplated what would have happened if Wolverine had been there to raise Daken. But didn't Marvel already do a What If comic about that? And didn't it NOT turn out well? It still had a nice emotional impact at the end. It just wasn't as strong as it could have been. If anyone is interested, I did a full review on my blog. A link is listed below.

My Review of Uncanny X-Force #34
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

i loved the betsy and evan scene it was heart warming

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    i loved the betsy and evan scene it was heart warming
    Please tell me she put the moves on him.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That was kind a lame. It looked pretty though.
    It was a big dejavu. Wolverine vs Daken was just like Psylocke vs Angel, dream sequences and all. Boring.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    Yeah, I take that back. I mean the fuzzy-filtered "what coulda been" tactics he used so well in Dark Angel Saga. I enjoyed them this issue, but that was about all this issue had going for it.
    I thought it felt a bit like cheating. It's virtually the same exact trick he pulled with Psylocke and Angel. This arc really didn't merit the length and attention it was given. On the whole, it was dull, and with the exception of Nightcrawler's defection, entirely predictable. Such a waste of Mystique, the Shadow King, and Phil Noto.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I read somewhere on Rick Remender's twitter that he didn't die the first around. Don't know how but he survived that first "death". Sorry I can't find that specific tweet at the moment.
    That's cool. Hopefully he survives this death too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    It was a big dejavu. Wolverine vs Daken was just like Psylocke vs Angel, dream sequences and all. Boring.
    I think my problem is there's no real emotion behind Wolverine killing his children anymore. Especially since Daken has died a few times already these last few years. And Betsy saving herself and no real angst or tension going on with Evan since he's pretty much integrated in WaTXM. I also feel Darkholme's sideswitch was more or less rushed, I don't know, something didn't ring true to most of the scenes. And I really hated the characterization of Mystique and Daken. I feel they were like softened way too much for no real reason.

It's like I know what Remender wants me to feel but all I can do is roll my eyes and say next. And what was up with Betsy throwing the katana? isn't she like running a new team in December anyways? what was the symbolism behind that? The end of the Thongkini era?

That was a bit anticlimatic. All that Sabes lacked in the end was a moustache to twirl as he cackled evily.

So Daken's dead. Again. The question is, will anyone remember this time, or is he going to pop up somewhere else as if nothing happened once more?

Eva continues to be the best thing about this book.

I liked the issue. What else could possibly have happened with Wolverine and Daken? Were they going to patch things up and share Evan's first beer with him? No, it didn't come as a surprise or shock, but how could it? Sure, Wolverine has killed his children before, but never when he was in his "right mind", correct? He had to do this one without the excuse of a beserk, knowing and feeling the whole time what it was he was doing, and going over what could have been in his head. Sabretooth arranging the whole thing to mess with Logan's head wasn't what I'd call a surprise.
    Apparently a good use was found for at least one of the Omegas, and Skinless Man was properly disposed of (that was a seriously lame villain, imo).
    AoA Nightcrawler and Mystique had some form of closure, and for those who wanted to see him redeem himself, showing that he was capable of caring about another human being (his "mother") showed a bit of that. He made another self-defining and clear choice...."Come Mother. There's nothing for either of us here, nothing but death".
    Wade has come full circle as the unexpected heart of the group, and it's great to see. I will sorely miss Remender writing him. I went from someone really apathetic about the character to genuinely liking him, at least in this title.
    More could have been done with Evan and his mindset, but this final story seems to be more about Wolverine. We'll have to see what else gets elaborated on in the last issue.

Retired

It's like I know what Remender wants me to feel but all I can do is roll my eyes and say next.
    Agreed. I've never much liked Uncanny X-Force, but this was it at its worst. Remender was just winding down, going through the motions. It was an ending but not a conclusion. It finished because it had to, and so was incredibly anti-climactic.

And what was up with Betsy throwing the katana? isn't she like running a new team in December anyways? what was the symbolism behind that? The end of the Thongkini era?
    Telepathic weaponry was all she had going for her. I loathed this transition to metal.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

How many times is Wolverine going to have the same ephiphany while trying to kill his kids (or redheaded teenagers)?

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    Agreed. I've never much liked Uncanny X-Force, but this was it at its worst. Remender was just winding down, going through the motions. It was an ending but not a conclusion. It finished because it had to, and so was incredibly anti-climactic.
    Yeah. I liked a lot of the earlier arcs, but Final Execution has got to be the weakest arc he's done. It should not have lasted as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    How many times is Wolverine going to have the same ephiphany while trying to kill his kids (or redheaded teenagers)?
    He's going to discover he's Cap and Wanda's father somehow and try to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    I thought it felt a bit like cheating. It's virtually the same exact trick he pulled with Psylocke and Angel. This arc really didn't merit the length and attention it was given. On the whole, it was dull, and with the exception of Nightcrawler's defection, entirely predictable. Such a waste of Mystique, the Shadow King, and Phil Noto.
    Oh, it was definitely cheating and one of the many repetitive aspects of this arc. I just think he does it well. As hamfisted as the themes of this arc were, I have a soft spot for Daken's missed childhood, even if he is an undeserving, hypocritical sociopath (who I love).
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Uncanny X-Force was my favorite book until Otherworld. It never really recovered from there. I have to say its partly been the Phil Noto art for Final Execution. It just doesn't have the same gravitas that Jerome Opea or Mark Brooks had. And it seemed rush. I think the accelerated shipping schedule hurt this book. And the last couple of issues felt more like trying to rush and tie things up than resolving the story.

And the Sabertooth bit was kind of hollow.

I am interested to see the AOA Nightcrawler story evolve wherever it may end up.

I also think if Jason Aaron hadn't done a "Wolverine kills his kids" story not too long ago then Daken's death would have more weight. But for what it's worth it was still effective. Though again, I think Noto's art softened the blow.