Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    How so?
    10char
    IF Wolverine's healing factor will let him recover from being stripped to a skeleton, it should allow his lungs to adapt to the conditions he is in, or at least empty the water from his lungs.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Shadow King is now trapped inside Omega White, right? But did that kill O-White?

Also wondered what happened to the other two Omega kids: O-Red and O-Black. I liked O-Black last issue.

What ha[pped with AoA-Kurt and EVA?

I know, I got to buy the book, I know and I will. But I can't to today and am hungry for those details.....
    Psylocke wiped out the cloned mind of the bubble Omega and stuck SK in there. Red is dead. Hasn't shown Black since last issue.

AoA Kurt teleported away from EVA. The last scene with him showed him saving Mystique from Evan's wrath and teleporting them both out, saying "there's nothing for either of us here".
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-22-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    IF Wolverine's healing factor will let him recover from being stripped to a skeleton, it should allow his lungs to adapt to the conditions he is in, or at least empty the water from his lungs.
    The theory behind it seems to be that he can recover from something once he's out of the situation. If he's reduced to a skeleton and removed from whatever reduced him to that state, he'll start regenerating (presumably his brain needs to be functioning?). Drowning is leaving him until his brain ceases to function, ergo no healing. I won't state an opinion on how much sense that makes, but there you go. Didn't Sabretooth come back after a beheading, or was that shown to just be a clone?

The drowning thing makes perfect sense! How can anyone heal from anything without oxygen? Dakan still needs oxygen to live and no matter how good his healing factor is. It can't create oxygen for him. So yeah, him drowning is perfectly logically.

So many people in here being whiny bitches. This issue was great,......

I actually have no problem with Wolverine being able to survive being underwater longer than Daken.

Wolverine, and I would assume Daken's as well, healing factor is adaptive. It was shown that in the "The Best There Is" mini. And Wolverine has been around a hell of a lot longer than Daken and would have a much stronger healing factor at this point.

Has anyone tried to drown Logan before?

This book is still one of my favorites and I hate to see it go. Sadly, every arc will be compared to the Dark Angel saga and because that was so awesome all other arcs pale in comparison. But this books, from 1-34, has been one of my favorite runs ever. Only arc I downright didn't like was the Otherworld arc.

And I love Remender's Deadpool. I really really really hope this is similar to the Deadpool we will get in Thunderbolts but the will probably regress his character once again.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    The theory behind it seems to be that he can recover from something once he's out of the situation. If he's reduced to a skeleton and removed from whatever reduced him to that state, he'll start regenerating (presumably his brain needs to be functioning?). Drowning is leaving him until his brain ceases to function, ergo no healing. I won't state an opinion on how much sense that makes, but there you go. Didn't Sabretooth come back after a beheading, or was that shown to just be a clone?
    Clone. Which is odd considering Logan saw him in Hell. I guess he was just hallucinating or something. Deadpool has survived beheading though.
    Last edited by Juggernaut Punch; 11-22-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Huge rant inbound:

In my opinion Remender has no idea who Psylocke is. Where was the; action junkie? the joie de livre? the hoighty toity British madam who blurts out amusing brit slang? the devious and ruthless sneakiness? The kick ass fighter? About the only thing I think he ever got correct is her knack for losing. Poor girl cant even get her suicide right.

He took a character who has already been screwed over more times than i can count and tortured her for 30 something issues. A character who has already gone through many bizarre and confusing transformations only to add more; ignores her tk entirely, turns her into death (lady mandarin part 2) then she is instantly cured, suddenly she's an omega, Ive lost my sorrow and the next moment shes bloody crying. Is she going to end the run emotionless? or is this going to just be a plot hole thats forgotten? Crimson Dawn the sequel yay!

Then we get to the portrayal of her relationships. Right from issue zero with no build up she is suddenly back together with Angel. Angel putting his hand on her waist to signify she is his property was just the icing on the cake. Then we get to the sticky issue of x-fans on this board calling Psylocke a trollop among other things, well his writing really helped that. War the big Minotaur thing falls in love with her for some bizarre reason, Aoa Sabretooth makes comments about banging her showing they had such a meaningful relationship. One minute shes grieving Angel the next minute she's having hate sex with Fantomex for some unspecified reason, possibly through him manipulating her as if it wasnt dire enough already add in the fact she has lost an unspecified capacity of emotions just makes it even more classy. Then Mystique is cosplaying as her while she has more hate sex. Then we jump to the future and discover granny Braddock is banging Wolverine, which is pretty much a death sentence for any female in MU. All she needs to do is to sleep with Deadpool to round out the full set. Speaking of Deadpool did they have a single piece of amusing banter the entire run because mostly all I remember is she acted like he wasnt there.

She was willing to turn against her teammates in the first arc to protect the original Evan but barely interacted with the second. You would have thought they might have discussed angel/archangel given their shared history and the fact together they killed him. When she goes to the school Beast says he doesnt feel any pity for one of wolverines killers even though Betsy and Beast have had a few really touching scenes over the years and isnt he also grieving Angel the guy he grew up with? Then we have Nightcrawlers death, apparently the reason Betsy decided to join X-force in the first place, where was a conversation with AoA Kurt? Wouldn't she be disturbed that a doppelgänger of a good man whose tragic death lead her down a dark path has joined their kill squad? Wouldn't she have been a little more bothered about EVA's transformation due to being part of Fantomex; having just laid down his life for her?

And you know I could forgive all this if she had been given some bloody retribution at the end. Why wasn't she gloriously kicking Sabretooth or Shadow Kings arses!? The thought of them both coming after her was chilling for me as a fan of the character, two of her biggest villains working together. What did we get; no scene with Sabretooth and a rushed astral plane battle ending with her yet again imprisoning the SK. Didnt I read a better version of this story 15+ years ago? What was the point of making her an omega when she didnt do a single omega power level thing? and why would interacting with a non phoenix version of Jean even have the potential to do that? Wasnt the deus ex machina omega weapon genius? She really earned that victory as she stumbled around mind wiped and happened to run into him, genius >_<. I was actually excited when she challenged Wolverine and questioned him, silly me for thinking this was actually going to lead somewhere.

Also dont even get me started on the travesty that was her vs Daredevil during AvX. "Omega" level Psylocke cant use her powers on him because he is blind??? He hit her about like she was a complete amateur and then when you finally thought she might get the upper hand he questioned her loyalty, hit her some more and left. Well done, what a great way to represent Psylocke to the rest of Marvel U.

And finally the poignancy of her leaving the katana behind is completely lost when you look at the new uncanny previews and see her katana wielding everywhere. (Not Remenders fault but still)

I greatly appreciate that Psylocke got a lot more exposure and i hope it leads to some good stories down the road for our overlooked british ninja but i have to be honest I really dont find much of anything that makes Psylocke the cool character i came to love in this run. Sorry if i upset anyone its just my opinion. I know people are raving about X-force and what it has done for Psylocke but i just dont see it.

I dont even think its specifically just Psylocke that got completely lost in translation. Eva did barely anything since transforming. The brotherhood just happening to find a babys first apocalypse armour. Daken being dragged out only to be killed; again. Wouldnt it have been more interesting if Sabretooth had revealed his treachery to Daken at the end? Why are we supposed to care about AoA Kurt apart from the fact hes "kewl" and 90's edgy? Or his dead wife we never knew. Or the possibility that Daken could have been redeemed and they hadnt taken the kill route like they did with the original kid apocalypse? Wasnt the whole ethos of the book pointing towards killing is wrong blah blah only for Wolverine to kill his son when he didnt even want to, way to go hero. Kid Apocalypse putting the armour did what exactly? The point of introducing those trite Omega clones? Fantomex's three brains and connections to Sublime where explained where? Mystiques revenge on Shadowking? The importance of the lady deathstrike issue that would come back later? The other statues of villains in the world? Who father was? GAH cant stop ranting alfnalkflknfalknak

BANNED

I like "joie de livre."

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Blank9 View Post
    I dont even think its specifically just Psylocke that got completely lost in translation. Eva did barely anything since transforming. The brotherhood just happening to find a babys first apocalypse armour. Daken being dragged out only to be killed; again. Wouldnt it have been more interesting if Sabretooth had revealed his treachery to Daken at the end? Why are we supposed to care about AoA Kurt apart from the fact hes "kewl" and 90's edgy? Or his dead wife we never knew. Or the possibility that Daken could have been redeemed and they hadnt taken the kill route like they did with the original kid apocalypse? Wasnt the whole ethos of the book pointing towards killing is wrong blah blah only for Wolverine to kill his son when he didnt even want to, way to go hero. Kid Apocalypse putting the armour did what exactly? The point of introducing those trite Omega clones? Fantomex's three brains and connections to Sublime where explained where? Mystiques revenge on Shadowking? The importance of the lady deathstrike issue that would come back later? The other statues of villains in the world? Who father was? GAH cant stop ranting alfnalkflknfalknak
    My experience of Remender's writing is that he has lots of ideas, but doesn't really deliver on any of them. This book has been completely overrated for the entirety of its run.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A²: Mutant League Champions 2013

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I like "joie de livre."
    But, what does it mean?

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

@Blank9

Would you prefer it if Psylocke had gotten the same kind of (lack of) development as, say, AoA Nightcrawler or EVA? I can appreciate not especially caring for the direction a particular writer takes your favourite character -- I remember it well. However, Remender has focused on Betsy, and pretty much only Betsy through his entire run. Angel and Fanto both got face time, but it was as related to their impact on Betsy. It's only in this final arc -- and I personally think it may have been an editorial decision -- that Wolverine is being focused on.
    Other characters that could've been developed, and probably should have, were side-lined because he wanted to use the title to tell Betsy's story, as he saw it. She's gone from being more or less a background X-Man to front-lining the new title by Humphries because of it. That's really some kind of pay off for a fan. I certainly wouldn't have minded that kind of attention on the team member I liked most, but it looks like he'll either be a background Brotherhood member or drop off into comic limbo, depending on future writer interest. (Which is far preferable to being killed off again, mind you.)

If I've learned one thing in 30+ years with this hobby, it's that the characters change with writers, and it was easy to become spoiled by Claremont's continuity. If you want your favourite to receive any attention, you'll have to put up with occasional story-lines or characterization you don't care for, to keep them front and centre. It's better than the alternative, trust me.

If the FE arc feels slapped together or piecemeal to anyone, it's likely because Remender didn't use the time he had beforehand to flesh out other cast members or properly set-up their stories. Instead, he focused on what he wanted to until the last moment. Daken didn't go the path of redemption because the time wasn't taken to set anything up. Evan wasn't explored more because he was only given one issue, likewise with AoA Kurt. If the full team had been equally developed over time, this last arc might not feel rushed, yes?
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-22-2012 at 08:08 AM.

The best stories during this entire run were the Otherworld arc and the .1 issue with the Reavers. I do like Remender but UXF has not been his best stuff,he has moments but all in all it's been meh. I miss his Doctor Voodoo.
    Psylocke

This issue, this entire series, has been terrific - consistently a fun read with weird, way out ideas, thrills and peril.

also, misspelling French terminology is my thing, quit try to cop my swagger..
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Kind of disappointed that the new Omega Red died... thought Remender had a brilliant way of bringing Omega Red back without being Omega Red. Dakens death was predictable though I wonder whether he is genuinely dead nor or will return. Also, I had hoped the Skinless Man would live longer... he just pretty much got his revenge only to die in the end. Beyond that, he didnt get any 'cool' factor with him. Plus, I always thought Evan would turn into Apocalypse again... would have been predictable though and I think Genesis is an interesting character by himself but would also like to see Apocalypse return.

I quite like UXF but I feel there are lots of plotlines left open... like the Deathlokk future, the other 'Apocalypse' statues, Dr Mindbubble, who built the White Sky factory (always thought it might have been Mindbubble), Archangel's 'son', Clan Akkaba, the UXF future with Magistrate Braddock etc. I would add Father but thats being tackled in Secret Avengers and just hope Remender manages to wrap everything up there.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    But, what does it mean?
    Joy of the book, which is distinctly lacking in this overrated mess of a series.