Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Holiday Battle: Thanksgiving V. Christmas

The spirits of Thanksgiving have been offended that big box stores have decided to have the First day of official Christmas Shopping begin on Thanksgiving afternoon. So Tom Turkey, spirit of the holiday has decided to battle and kill Santa Claus, spirit of Christmas. Winner absorbs the other's holiday into themselves.

With all of the powers of Thanksgiving versus all of the powers of Christmas, who wins?

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Well, since I'm British, this is Christmas vs Non-Existent Fictional Pointless Holiday.

Christmas wins.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Pointless?!?! The point is turkey. Also something about being thankful I guess, but mostly turkey.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well, since I'm British, this is Christmas vs Non-Existent Fictional Pointless Holiday.

Christmas wins.
    Actually in the old days Britain people had days of Thanksgiving as decided on by the Church. They just didn't make them annual things and big holidays.

Christmas. Because I see people putting up Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving day.

Yeah apparently these days there is Halloween, then Christmas. (Thanksgiving is Christmas episode 1.The food, foot ball and parade.)

That alone

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by HVulpes View Post
    The spirits of Thanksgiving have been offended that big box stores have decided to have the First day of official Christmas Shopping begin on Thanksgiving afternoon. So Tom Turkey, spirit of the holiday has decided to battle and kill Santa Claus, spirit of Christmas. Winner absorbs the other's holiday into themselves.

With all of the powers of Thanksgiving versus all of the powers of Christmas, who wins?
    Well Thanksgiving is about Guys With Guns doing actual hunting, so that's good. But between several Immortal Incarnations, spirits, elves, every cartoon charecter EVER, and of course, GOD (in multiple Incarnations) and a bunch of Angels. I'm going with "guys with guns are SEVERLY outpowered here".

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Christmas wins.
    Now now, Thanksgiving EXISTS. Just because you, and your country don't celebrate it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You don't hear us claiming none of your silly holidays exist do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    Christmas. Because I see people putting up Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving day.

Yeah apparently these days there is Halloween, then Christmas. (Thanksgiving is Christmas episode 1.The food, foot ball and parade.)

That alone
    Yeah, Thanksgiving doesn't have any of the metaphorical Holiday Power to stand up to a Juggernaut like Christmas. I'm not sure ANY holiday does...

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post

That alone
    Well more like "It's technically Halloween, but...we're really just getting ready for Christmas" nowadays.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HVulpes View Post

Honestly, does Thanksgiving even have any powers?

Seriously, I can't remember anything of note besides football and a story that I was told was a lie.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post

Seriously, I can't remember anything of note besides football and a story that I was told was a lie.
    Turkey makes you tired right? So it should have sleep powers.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Mythbusters proved it was more the big amounts of food people eat...

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

As one meme would say, false.

But it should still get the sleep powers anyway, as more than enough people believe turkey makes you tired.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Honestly the only holiday that would really come close to at all beating Christmas is Halloween.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 11-21-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post

Well, Tom Turkey DID kill The Great Pumpkin in a Simpsons: Treehouse Of Horror episode, so he's got that going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Mythbusters proved it was more the big amounts of food people eat...
    So you're saying there is no chemical or whatever(I think it starts with a T) that can make you drowsy if you eat enough? Damn you 5th grade teacher for lying to me.

Though technically it should still count since Thanksgiving is all about eating large amounts of food..but then so is Christmas so..they both can make you sleepy I guess?
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-22-2012 at 08:21 AM.

So you're saying there is no chemical or whatever(I think it starts with a T) that can make you drowsy if you eat enough? Damn you 5th grade teacher for lying to me.
    No, There is. Tryptophain (however its spelled) DOES do that... If you take it without any other proteins or fats. Which most thanksgiving dinners are full of.