BANNED

Default Is part of the reason Superman is disliked for his power

Because of his personality is to boring and self rightous? i noticed something about characters with super powers like Supes they have more of a catch to thier attitudes by projecting that towards others which is why they're liked more. The most clear example is the Smug Super, a arrogant and mean spirited rebel who has no respect for authority or rules and is a jerk who thinks himself as above everyone yet doesn't stray from doing the right thing. Superman however is a humble than thou ideal and a boyscout who follows the rules and is more than to perfect(not saying he is just implying based on something conceptions Superman is known for). Is that why most fans prefer some characters like the Flash or Guy Gardener over Superman because even though thier powerhouses in thier own right, they have more value as cocky characters which sends out thier flaws more than thier strength and idealism?

Are you speaking as a fan or a non-fan?
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    Because of his personality is to boring and self rightous? i noticed something about characters with super powers like Supes they have more of a catch to thier attitudes by projecting that towards others which is why they're liked more. The most clear example is the Smug Super, a arrogant and mean spirited rebel who has no respect for authority or rules and is a jerk who thinks himself as above everyone yet doesn't stray from doing the right thing. Superman however is a humble than thou ideal and a boyscout who follows the rules and is more than to perfect(not saying he is just implying based on something conceptions Superman is known for). Is that why most fans prefer some characters like the Flash or Guy Gardener over Superman because even though thier powerhouses in thier own right, they have more value as cocky characters which sends out thier flaws more than thier strength and idealism?
    I loved/love Superman because he is all powerful so it all depends on what you want from a Superhero
    Cerebral Assassin

You should talk to Sigel and Schuster but since they are dead...you will see your idea of Superman is not theirs. Thjeir character was rebellious, smug, and a little arrogant even while fighting for justice. The preachy boy scout bore who towed the line even when it was the wrong thing to to is a recent thing (maybe last 2 decades) that stagnated the character...hence reboot and Superman getting back some of his Golden Age toughness mixed in with a modern sensibility.

I see what you mean and I think I'm not ashamed to admit that I like my Superman with a bit of boyish cockiness to him. I think it just puts a fun spin on him and for a few non fans it make his character a bit easier to digest (I think at least). But I like the headstrong idealistic nature that is behind the cockiness, ya know.

Very good example for me: Issue #7 of Action comics Superman scolds the Collector for what he's done to all of those he has collected (not just the Earthlings or Kryptonians) he then declares that all beings are under his protection. He says all this to a being that can summon a whole army that could possible (at the time) kill Superman, but is just didn't matter to him. The icing on the cake was Superman man saying "when I win you'll send all these people back to their wolds"

That's my kind of cockiness. That tough big guy cockiness. Suits him well if you ask me.

No, it's because his mainstream exposure has been fairly boring in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post
    No, it's because his mainstream exposure has been fairly boring in the 21st century.
    For me this kind of true...

Jesus is overpowered by everybody loves him!

No, it's because he is mean to his friends and is generally kind of a bummer.

“Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Jesus is overpowered by everybody loves him!
    Except atheists, Buddhists and devil worshipers.

Because of his personality is to boring and self rightous?
    Um...no, and bite me?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...