Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman 14 (spoilers)

If you don't want spoilers, turn away!

Note that this is my first issue since issue 12, so things that are new to me might not be new to you.

So the first born is the son of Zeus and Hera. There is a flashback to the birth of the first born that reminds me of the scene where the amazon baby was taken away from his mother.

Not sure if it was intentional. Anyway, maybe it explains why Hera is targeting Zeus' children. Also I wonder if Zeus has a plan that includes fathering children all around the world.
    ETA: I think Zeus knew about the prophecy and went into hiding, manipulating Apollo in becoming the ruler of Olympus and have him killed in his stead.

Siracca fights with Wonder Woman (atrocious dialogue here), but it gives a chance for us to see why Diana keeps Hera around. The end of the fight was great though: "... this is no way for sisters to act" as WW takes Siracca in her arms. Siracca accepts to help her but cannot hear Hermes, so she sends WW to their brother Milan (in New York).

The gods of Olympus are still talking, Ares is really not a happy guy (whole scene was boring to me).

Orion appears on the last 2 pages. Highfather is in the shadow and is afraid of the end of time, so he sends Orion to earth (sorry, no boom tube).

Art was uneven. The origin of Siracca was greatly rendered, but the fight was terrible, without energy. Storywise, the dialogues with the puns is still horrible to me, but it has a few nice moments for WW. It was again a very quick read. They could have squeezed one scene with Hera and Zola in there, wouldn't have hurt.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5. I might try the next one.
    Last edited by psyshot; 11-21-2012 at 05:32 AM.

I found Siracca's story quite interesting to read.

Great writing once again, very solid and entertaining issue.

And man, the art is really amazing in this comics, can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    I found Siracca's story quite interesting to read.

Great writing once again, very solid and entertaining issue.

And man, the art is really amazing in this comics, can't get enough of it.
    Dan Green is a better match to Tony Atkins than Rick Burchett IMO. The flashback sequences with finishes by Green were superb.

Siracca's story was terrifying, I got chills.
    Cool, Wonder Woman is Neo
    The 'sisterhood' was very touching.
    First Born's story is cool. Ares is the boss.
    New Gods hooray!
    Art is ok, bad at some times, but I think it's better than the previous issue.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Yep, that was neat.
    The "First Born" subplot is following its course, and it looks like he might be the guy from the Prophecy after all. Wonder how Zola's baby will do in all this.
    Siracca was a pretty interesting character (Hera....tsssss how petty you can be), and Diana resolved the conflict, as surprisingly often, with love and pacifism. And some people are still pretending this WW is a killer or something.
    Ho, and apparently, something's up with Ares. Unless it's just Appolo trying to manipulate the others.
    Not much to say on the New Gods side so far, appart from the fact that apparently, Orion isn't just passing through.
    No complains from my part, still a very enoyable book, I think Azzarello found his voice on Diana at this point.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Hahaha, LOVED the 100 Bullets nod.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    What that would be?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I didn't read all those balloons at first
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    What that would be?
    Check out what one of the 'voices' is saying in the 'voices on the wind' scene.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

Anyway, I enjoyed the origin of the sister, and I thought this was done well enough. A little by the numbers maybe, and the dialogue was a little less elegant and clever than usual (which I'm sure is to the good for some, but I enjoy all the puns).

Loved the visualization of the New Gods though. Interesting take on the source wall.

I was also coming in here to post about the 100 Bullets ref. I love when Azz does that - he did it in Batman: Broken City (and it was the best thing about that story, IMO).

Red face

My favorite two emotionally charged panels from that New 52 WW. I especially enjoy the composition of the pictures, Siracca's sad eyes and the voice of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by psyshot View Post
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 11-21-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I was also coming in here to post about the 100 Bullets ref. I love when Azz does that - he did it in Batman: Broken City (and it was the best thing about that story, IMO).
    Me too. Great throwaway line there. :)
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

I thought Ares response was interesting. It's funny how instead of togas the gods are in robes chilling on a penthouse roof. That would be modern Olympus! :P
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Veteran Member

I think Ares is probably hoping the prophecy means Diana will put him to rest and replace him.

I like that of Zeus demigods the women seem to be the more commanding ones (in that Lennox seems relatively lost when he cant hear Sister Wind and Milan reputedly can barely help himself).
    Last edited by slvn; 11-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Also, to anyone complaining about Azz not featuring Superman, well, clearly Superman exists in his world, given what another of the voices said.