Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here's more food for chaos:

-Jeremy Clarkson
    -Tiff Needle
    -Richard Hammond
    -James May
    -Vicky Butler
    -Ben "The Stig" Collins

Instead of being blown up, now most of Middle Earth will end up on fire.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Master Chief: John-117 strikes me as an ideal choice. His combat record is extraordinary and he's in an expert in reconnaissance. The Master Chief would prove very vital in this exploration.

Edward Elric: The Fullmetal Alchemist is a superb fighter and adventurer. Exploration is in his blood. His alchemy would prove very useful too.

Samurai Jack: A master swordsman with incredible willpower to match! In those gigantic sword-battles, Jack's legendary katana and fighting prowess would be quite the sight to see!

Korra: I agree the Avatar, while extremely useful in hot spots, would serve as an excellent diplomat. Middle Earth isn't that much different than her world, so she'd fit in just fine.

Cloud Strife: The other master swordsman of the group, only Cloud acts more as the powerhouse. He could solo an entire army if he wanted to.

Castiel: The Angel will act as the other powerhouse. Castiel brings much knowledge and experience to his teammates. I'd love to see him interact with hobbits.
    "I am her ending. But she, and I, and him, and them... we... matter. We lose, we love. And in so doing... we become."
    -Illyria

Superman
    The Doctor
    Captain Kirk
    Dr. Strange
    Dr. Fate
    Wonder Woman
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Faith Lehane
    Power Girl
    Ms. Marvel
    Jeannie
    Inarra Sera
    Ivy Valentine

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    I'll go with:

-Rodney McKay
    -Replicator Rodney McKay
    -Parallel Universe Rodney McKay #1
    -Parallel Universe Rodney McKay #2
    -Near Ascendant Rodney McKay
    -Rodney McKay and Lt. Cadmen, sharing the same body.

What do you think the odds are, that not even the Valar will be able to prevent the planet(along with the solar system) from being blown up accidentally?
    Could be worse, you could have made a team made of 6 versions of Samus Aran.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Could be worse, you could have made a team made of 6 versions of Samus Aran.
    Problem with that is we'd never get anywhere; the adventure would both begin and end in sex.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

So, who do I take with me on a tour of scenic Beleriand?

1) I need to get there and back somehow. Also, while I can string together two words of Sindarin, it's not a common skill outside its own continuity, so I need a way to handle translation. This calls for the Doctor. The Doctor being an all-around genius who can talk his way out of anything helps a lot.

2) While Beleriand is scenic, I don't know exactly when I'm arriving, and may face an Orc-infested wilderness. While the Doctor is a good talker, he also has to do an awful lot of running, and I'm asthmatic. So I need someone who can reliably protect us all from Orcs, evil men, giant spiders, and other nasty things prowling Beleriand. Sun Wukong is up to the job, and hopefully won't be too offended to transform into an animal native to Beleriand's high latitude.

3) It's better to avoid than fight, of course, and to do that in Beleriand takes very high-grade invisibility...or a way to get orcs to ignore their sensory input. Thankfully, there is such a device, the SEP field, and Ford Prefect is willing to let us use his if he comes along. I don't plan to find out if it works on powerful Maiar.

4) If we're reduced to living off the land, we need someone very, very good at hunting, tracking, and finding one's way in the wilderness; Beleriand is famous for its lack of a functioning road system. It's a good thing T'Challa, the Black Panther, needs a vacation.

5) The Doctor isn't bad at talking, but we could use someone better at pseudo-medieval court manners. Prince Kheldar of Drasnia, a.k.a. Silk, will do nicely, although he'll have to be on his best behavior.

6) By this point, I've covered my bases, so I can take someone along I just want to talk with -- Lord Peter Wimsey. He can also pitch in to solve mysteries and can be diplomatic when he wants to be.

This team isn't designed to do great deeds in Beleriand, although with three characters famous for their silver tongues there's a faint hope of reconciling some of the feuding characters. Slaughtering Orcs by the dozen is best left to the natives.

I think I'd go with

1.) Thor - just in case we need some heavy firepower, also he would have no problems just drinking some beer and chilling in the off times too.
    2.) Avatar Aang - moral compass of the team, plus the Avatar State would be useful too in a pinch.
    3.) Martian Manhunter - a shape shifting telepath would be a nice person to have as well.
    4.) Spectacular Spiderman the cartoon version of Spiderman - pretty cool guy, nice to have around, is pretty good at tactics and is very smart. Plus Spidey Sense may come in handy too.
    5.) Nate Grey - Another very powerful guy with a heart of gold that can be trusted.
    6.) Tyrion Lannister - good tactician, funny guy to be around and overall pretty nice dude so probably not a bad choice.
    Winner of an Awesome award!! for this thread
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=174464

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Willminus2 View Post
    I think I'd go with

1.) Thor - just in case we need some heavy firepower, also he would have no problems just drinking some beer and chilling in the off times too.
    2.) Avatar Aang - moral compass of the team, plus the Avatar State would be useful too in a pinch.
    3.) Martian Manhunter - a shape shifting telepath would be a nice person to have as well.
    4.) Spectacular Spiderman the cartoon version of Spiderman - pretty cool guy, nice to have around, is pretty good at tactics and is very smart. Plus Spidey Sense may come in handy too.
    5.) Nate Grey - Another very powerful guy with a heart of gold that can be trusted.
    6.) Tyrion Lannister - good tactician, funny guy to be around and overall pretty nice dude so probably not a bad choice.
    So, you've got one guy who can trivially solo Middle Earth (or Arda) in Nate Grey (assuming you picked Shaman Nate here and not weak-ass telekinetic Nate). You have another guy who can do it trivially as long as nobody lights any fires in MM. You have a third guy who'd have to work a little harder, but would still solo the place in Thor. Then you've picked:

Avatar Aang - really don't know the guy, but you've identified him as a moral compass, so he's probably boring. :-)
    16 year old Peter Parker - he's...an angsty teenager
    Tyrion - a bright, funny guy who is extremely likely to get you killed thanks to his mouth, and who will backstab you to forward his own interests as needed.

...as the people you hang out with. They would not be my choices.

It would be pretty funny, though, depending on the Age - I can imagine Morgoth coming and trying to screw with this group. Thor is about to destruct his ass and Nate says "hang on, I've changed his true desire from conquest and chaos to gardening. That one particular flower, there. Forever. We can move on, nothing to see here."

Morgoth wouldn't be all that good at it. Maybe the Valar could sell tickets?

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Some fairly common answers, and some which are less so (with more than a bit of Marvel bias):

1) The Doctor. Because The Doctor.
    2) Cumberbatch Sherlock. Because.... I don't know why yet, but you can be damn sure HE'S worked it out already.
    3) Jennifer Kale. Because I'm more or less in Fantasy RPG mode, so a hot, blonde, scantily-clad mage-girl is a must.
    4) Kurse. Because Helm's Deep would be funny.
    5) Vargas. Because.... well, the same as Kurse, really.
    6) Midnight Sun. Because Middle Earth needs more kung-fu and fedoras.

Honorable Mention: Groot. Because Ents.

Edit: Seriously.... Helm's Deep.

Vargas: Open the gate.
    The Doctor: Are you quite insane? I mean it's fine if you are.... some of the nicest beings I've met have been utterly tonto, but.... have you SEEN what's out there.
    Midnight Sun: .....
    Sherlock: I confess, I can't see any scenario in which this strategy is supposed to be successful.
    Kurse: OPEN BIG DOOR OR KURSE SHALT OPEN.

*Gate opens*

Jennifer Kale: If anyone needs me, I'll be doing my nails.

*Kurse, Vargas and Midnight Sun walk out of the gate*

*Gate closes behind them.*

*3 minutes later*

Vargas: Open the gate. We're done.
    The Doctor: I'm sorry?! What was that? Can't hear you through the gate!
    *crash*
    Kurse: BIG DOOR NOW OPEN.
    Midnight Sun: ........
    Last edited by Beadle; 11-22-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    So, you've got one guy who can trivially solo Middle Earth (or Arda) in Nate Grey (assuming you picked Shaman Nate here and not weak-ass telekinetic Nate). You have another guy who can do it trivially as long as nobody lights any fires in MM. You have a third guy who'd have to work a little harder, but would still solo the place in Thor. Then you've picked:

Avatar Aang - really don't know the guy, but you've identified him as a moral compass, so he's probably boring. :-)
    16 year old Peter Parker - he's...an angsty teenager
    Tyrion - a bright, funny guy who is extremely likely to get you killed thanks to his mouth, and who will backstab you to forward his own interests as needed.

...as the people you hang out with. They would not be my choices.

It would be pretty funny, though, depending on the Age - I can imagine Morgoth coming and trying to screw with this group. Thor is about to destruct his ass and Nate says "hang on, I've changed his true desire from conquest and chaos to gardening. That one particular flower, there. Forever. We can move on, nothing to see here."

Morgoth wouldn't be all that good at it. Maybe the Valar could sell tickets?

I picked some super powerful guys because I have no interest in dying.
    Winner of an Awesome award!! for this thread
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=174464

Let's make it somewhat challenging, but... I also don't want to die, but curbstomping everything seems kind of lame too.... So...

1. Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt. I get the Thunderbolt. So this gives me some power. The genie is not too smart on its own and needs commands, which I am happy to provide.
    2. Magik group teleporter. She has some magic, and combat ability, and can take take us to limbo as well should decide to leave Middle Earth altogether. From there I guess I'd find my way to Marvel earth.
    3. Psylocke. Hot ninja telepath. Um. Need I say more?
    4. Tenser- Okay, I'm going to geek out and bust out a High Level D&D wizard. He's 20th level, he's featured in numerous D&D products over the years. He's smart as hell, personable, charming, knowlegable and enjoys a good fight. Can teleport us as well, has divination spells and have us resting in style, boost us in combat, and is loyal (Lawful Good), and help us figure out puzzles and stuff. So yeah, Tenser.
    5. Black Knight- fits the genre. He'd love it here. He has a flying horse, a kick ass sword, and has science skills as well as occult knowledge.
    6. She Hulk- Yeah, she'll bust through everything. But, I want to live, and she's fun and sexy, so let's bring her along, shall we.

Edit: I guess we'll probably curb stomp everything afterall. Oh wells :)
    Last edited by Zagreus; 11-22-2012 at 07:50 AM.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Let's make it somewhat challenging, but... I also don't want to die, but curbstomping everything seems kind of lame too.... So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    1. Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt. I get the Thunderbolt. So this gives me some power. The genie is not too smart on its own and needs commands, which I am happy to provide.
    These two statements are entirely incompatible. Isn't the Thunderbolt a 4D Imp or something? (Not entirely up on the history, but that's the impression I get).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    These two statements are entirely incompatible. Isn't the Thunderbolt a 4D Imp or something? (Not entirely up on the history, but that's the impression I get).
    I could be shot by an arrow before I use the genie, for example. I wasn't planning on having it out of the pen all the time... But yeah.. as I wrote it self preservation got the better of me :) It would be a curbstomp. Who wants to be killed by an orc?

Edit: Survival was the top priority. 2nd priority was making sure good looking women were on the trip with me, hence: Magik, Psylocke, She-Hulk.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 11-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Veteran Member

1. Father Jack Hackett.
    2. Edward Elizabeth Hitler.
    3. Suika Ibuki.
    4. Bender.
    5. Santa Claus.
    6. Mcgaffer.
    Last edited by mcgaffer; 11-22-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!