Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Default 6 characters from fiction you would explore Middle Earth with?

Not a big expert on Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit but after seeing the movies, I thought it would be great to explore Middle Earth with a group of my favorite fictional characters that would be able to hold their own against the inhabitants of Middle Earth, then I started wondering which six would you take on this expedition?
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

I'll go with:

-Rodney McKay
    -Replicator Rodney McKay
    -Parallel Universe Rodney McKay #1
    -Parallel Universe Rodney McKay #2
    -Near Ascendant Rodney McKay
    -Rodney McKay and Lt. Cadmen, sharing the same body.

What do you think the odds are, that not even the Valar will be able to prevent the planet(along with the solar system) from being blown up accidentally?
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

The Doctor
    Mr. Data
    Supergirl
    Reed Richards
    Jeanie
    Kramer
    Last edited by The Scarlet Sapien; 11-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Hey, if blowing up ME is the goal (all Marvel edition)...

1. Mad Jim Jaspers
    2. Sentry
    3. Scarlet Witch - HoM era sanity (or total lack thereof)
    4. Black Bolt (could stub his toe and yelp)
    5. Hungry Galactus
    6. Adult Franklin Richards to maintain my protective field, letting me watch the fun

If you REALLY want to set it off, release Mxy and Impossible Man into this tinderbox. Any one of these loonies'll blast the planet just to get rid of the fools.

Now, if the goal is to survive and succeed at Tolkien's quests, that's different. Now, all you want is "6". So, Adult Frank to just unmake the ring or think it into a volcano in the first 6 seconds of the movie, plus 5 fun people to drink and BS with.

BANNED

He-Man
    The Doctor
    Willow Rosenberg
    Sue Storm
    Emma Frost
    Illyria

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Indiana Jones
    Batman
    The Doctor
    Captain America
    Taskmaster
    Captain Kirk

Hey, all we have to do is explore.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

I would want to explore Middle Earth without changing it significantly, so I would choose a group that would more or less fit in without flashy powers or obvious advanced technology.

Corwin of Amber
    Moonglum
    The Gray Mouser
    Rhialto the Marvellous
    Ser Barristan Selmy
    Robin Hood

Bunch of clever people who can physically handle anything we encounter, with Selmy hopefully serving as a moral compass. Rhialto wields particularly potent magic, including Temporal Stasis (Time Stop) and the Excellent Prismatic Spray. Moonglum keeps the mood light, and Robin Hood should be able to keep us well-stocked in venison while on the road. If we get into a serious mess (like in Mordor), Corwin can get us out of there.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Illyana Rasputin-Magical muscle, teleportation
    Moondragon - There are loads of people who use telepathy and can read or influence minds. I need someone who can counter that.
    Cosmo the Space Dog - See above. Also, he has a good disposition.
    Avatar Aang - Recon and diplomacy.
    Black Dynamite - Muscle, style, Middle Earth needs a brother.
    Rambo - White Dynamite, plus he can hunt.

Avatar Korra- A tough gal who'd also look forward to adventure.
    Pixie (X-Men)- A very peppy individual who'd be great to party with, and also has the useful skill of teleportation in case we got in a jam.
    Anole (X-Men)- I figure Pixie needs her best friend, plus he's stealthy- he could climb trees to figure out where we were, and camouflage himself to scout ahead!
    Katniss-She's pretty angsty and not the best conversationalist, but at least she'd be good at hunting and tracking.
    Regina (Once Upon a Time)- Lord knows we need someone with some royal authority to help us get let into all the nice places like Rivendell and Gondor's White Keep. She'd also be a total jerk to Korra, who'd be a jerk right back, and every group needs a little bit of conflict.
    Alex Karev (Grey's Anatomy)- Another jerk for Regina to have Belligerent Sexual Tension with. He'd also be useful for his medical skillage (and his snark).
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Spock-Because it's the logical choice.
    Edward Elric- Not the same sort of magic per say but it'll work to help out in other measures.
    Lara Croft- Dual reasons, the more practical of course being her skills in exploration.
    Rose Tyler- Many are picking the Doctor true but I figure some extra spunk for the trip?
    Westly aka the Dread Pirate Roberts- Swordsmanship, immune to a lot of different poisons and highly skillful in terms of tactics.
    Kull

Doctor Strange-Because I don't know much about the magic of middle earth and he appreciates stealth.
    Superman-Strong as hell, great moral compass and natural leader.
    Naruto (Post Shippuden) Can be a good tactician and sneaky but also knows how to laugh.
    Jean Grey-Always have to have a psychic.
    Valkyrie-One of my favorite characters from the original Defenders series.
    Black Panther- He's a good tracker.
    I don't have a signature

Thor
    Rocket Raccoon
    The Doctor
    Tallis
    Urdnot Wrex
    Zatanna
    A.A.A

Piccolo (for brute force and a tactical mind)
    Sonic the Hedgehog (for transportation)
    Sora (for the power to unlock things)
    Bob (from Reboot) (for versatility... though, in the real world, he might be physically/mentally retarded due to computer time translating to... or maybe he'll be hyper since the Reboot characters seem to think of a "second" as "forever")
    Peter Parker (come on, who better to have on your team than the ultimate altruist?)
    Hiro Nakamura (just in-case things go screwy)
    Last edited by Kamina; 11-21-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Batman-Great stealth and tracking, excellent fighter and tactician and scouting...
    The Doctor-Tenth incarnation just because he's my favorite. Natural leader as well, and a monster with prep. Plus if I ever want to leave he's got a way out...
    Harry Dresden-Magic guy would be a great plus, having knowledge of LOTR is also a nice bonus.
    BBC Sherlock-Would easily by able to detect anyone with hostile intentions, plus another dangerous mind to have in general...
    Roland Deschain-Years of experience travelling across a a wasteland that is at least, if not more dangerous then Middle Earth. Excellent shot and drawing speed as well.
    Captain America-The unshakeable moral centre of the group.
    With these guys I should be pretty safe, and we'd get some work done for sure.

The Fantastic Four - Who else could I bring but the ultimate superhero explorers? The smarts of Reed and the power of Sue, Johnny and Ben will keep us safe.
    Doctor Strange - His magic expertise may come in handy though he isn't nearly as powerful as he used to be.
    Star-Lord - His tactical mind and leadership will come in handy if we bite off more than we can chew.