Thread: Sandman help

Question Sandman help

I was wondering what is the best way in reading Sandman as a person who is interested in buying the series for the first time ? Are there collections that contain the whole thing for a reasonable price ? I'm currently leaning toward the Absolutes since I know the quality is there.
    The Main Man.

Depends if you want them on display in your bookcase or you buy them to read them regularly. If it's the former, get the Absolutes (look beautiful, quite the bother for a casual read). If it's the latter, get the new editions of the TPBs with the new colouring taken from the Absolutes - a slipcase containing all 10 volumes came out recently.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slipca...n+complete+set

I'll be getting the 10th volume with the slipcase tomorrow!
    I was like you when I started getting the new editions of the TPBs. Haven't regret it.

Hmmm... didn't know the slipcase had the coloring from the Absolutes leaning toward them now. Anyone have any scans so I can see the quality of the recoloring ?
    The Main Man.

Absolutes as elegant and quality crafted items they are, Their quite the coccydynia to read. I always achieve monumental knife cutting pains in my phallus due to resting it wantonly on my lap. And as a Male it's quite the annoyance. Id rather acquire the more comfortable, and less pain inducing Trades. They have the vibrant recoloring as well as their absolute counterpart. So when bartering with yourself you can weigh those statistics together for what my speech is worth. This my own conclusions, and I never trade my word off as fact as there are many different perceptions of opinions out there.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WolfOfMibu1991 View Post
    Absolutes as elegant and quality crafted items they are, Their quite the coccydynia to read. I always achieve monumental knife cutting pains in my phallus due to resting it wantonly on my lap. And as a Male it's quite the annoyance. Id rather acquire the more comfortable, and less pain inducing Trades. They have the vibrant recoloring as well as their absolute counterpart. So when bartering with yourself you can weigh those statistics together for what my speech is worth. This my own conclusions, and I never trade my word off as fact as there are many different perceptions of opinions out there.
    I mean if you're going to buy the whole thing then yeah do buy the remastered version of 10... I just bought 4 of them, but I once had 2 sandman #1's many years ago when they actually came out... I'm just returning to the scene of the crime as it were. I never was able to finish... is what I'm saying and am looking forward to finding the place that I dropped off from our Neil Gaiman 'bandwagon'! I saw recently that they came out with The Wake #10 TPB of Sandman with the Slipcase as well...It's $20... so you'd be able to get the case and stuff your old Sandman Trades in there and showcase it in your non-kindle library!

I've been buying the remastered trades, I'm up to Vol. 6 at the moment. They're very good. If the colouring is indeed the same as the absolutes then you might want to look at this:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/0...an-recoloring/
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Besides the Death Deluxe, Endless Nights and Dream Hunters, where their any other Gaiman Sandman universe stories? Are any collected in the slipcases?

Also, what are people's opinions on the novel version of Dream Hunters vs the comic book version?

The slipcase collects vol 1-10. There are also the Sandman presents stories, but I think they're not collected, or if they were they're out of print right now. I only have the comic version of Dream Hunters so I can't help.

Watch out on the remaster TPBs some of them I touched the pages and coloring came off.

Watch out on the remaster TPBs some of them I touched the pages and coloring came off.
    What?! Are you serious? Like the color actually CAME OFF? Which volumes? Did it feel wet? When I get mine, I'll make sure to dry them before reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    What?! Are you serious? Like the color actually CAME OFF? Which volumes? Did it feel wet? When I get mine, I'll make sure to dry them before reading.
    Season of mists and the wake both I would lightly touch and the color turn into white finger print.

Season of mists and the wake both I would lightly touch and the color turn into white finger print.
    That can happen if you've got moisturiser or something oily on your fingers.

Absolutes as elegant and quality crafted items they are, Their quite the coccydynia to read. I always achieve monumental knife cutting pains in my phallus due to resting it wantonly on my lap. And as a Male it's quite the annoyance.
    Are you saying it's NOT an annoyance for females when they achieve monumental knife cutting pains in THEIR phalluses (phallii?)???

Quite the sexist comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Are you saying it's NOT an annoyance for females when they achieve monumental knife cutting pains in THEIR phalluses (phallii?)???

Quite the sexist comment.

Yes I subtlety attached a pun the attack females and their lack of in my post lol.