Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Going with Post Crisis Wondy, I doubt she can beat first movie Broly. While she's a lot faster than him, he's got durability out the arse and only really needs to land one decent energy attack on her and she's essentially done.
    she is so not faster than him, goku and trunks transformed to a form similar in size to broly, but choose not to use it as it eliminated there speed, broly however is so powerful his own weight is not even a issue, he was just as fast if not faster than any of the other less bulky fighters he faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    she is so not faster than him, goku and trunks transformed to a form similar in size to broly, but choose not to use it as it eliminated there speed, broly however is so powerful his own weight is not even a issue, he was just as fast if not faster than any of the other less bulky fighters he faced.
    Or you could just say he has FTL reflexes.

First movie Broly didn't though. The only particularly fast attacks that were present, he took to the face.

Didn't do jack, but it's not a speed feat.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Except on the odd times when she does - grabbing a godly empowered spear that was thrown at her by the blade with no damage for example.

She's also contained a city-busting bomb with her body with apparently no damage to speak of.
    Bombs and stuff like that don't affect her either. She ate a multi-megaton nuke in the face - literally - without suffering any damage at all, and has submerged herself in molten iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Speed feats for Broly? Preferably not of either the "he's faster than a who is faster than b who is faster than c who is ten times as fast as he was before the timeskip when he was faster than d ... who was a casual bullet timer" or "he dodges a beam attack from someone who some other time shot a beam all the way to the sun in x amount of time" variety, but actual non-nebulous feats of himself doing something.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 11-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Speed feats for Broly?
    Putting his shield up before a Kamehameha that punched through the sun in seconds hits him, in the second movie.

He may have shown some of the usual 'I am faster than you' speed in the first, but I am pretty sure he just tanked stuff and threw energy blasts there.

Speed feats for Broly? Preferably not of either the "he's faster than a who is faster than b who is faster than c who is ten times as fast as he was before the timeskip when he was faster than d ... who was a casual bullet timer" or "he dodges a beam attack from someone who some other time shot a beam all the way to the sun in x amount of time" variety, but actual non-nebulous feats of himself doing something.
    Well, that's a curious edit.

Can't help but wonder on the timing though.

In any case Broly does react to a FTL Kamehameha. The same blast he reacts to goes on to the sun in just few seconds. As far as reaction feats go it is hard to ask for better.
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-21-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Well, that's a curious edit.

Can't help but wonder on the timing though.

In any case Broly does react to a FTL Kamehameha. The same blast he reacts to goes on to the sun in just few seconds. As far as reaction feats go it is hard to ask for better.
    I'm just no stranger to DBZ speed claims. They tend to fall into one of those two camps. The issue with the first is that it is incredibly hard to quantify. The issue with the second is that the cartography of the Dragonball universe can be a bit weird, with things like goku climbing to the moon, which makes the speed required to reach the sun in seconds quite a bit more up in the air. I assure you the edit was done without reading your post though.

The time when Goku climbed to the moon was when Dragonball was in its gag manga moments

I don't think you can take that too seriously
    20:25 OnimaruXLR: i thought i had seen everything
    20:26 OnimaruXLR: and then i saw someone use a sarlaac pit and an x-wing to simulate sexual penetration in a star wars mmo

I'm just no stranger to DBZ speed claims. They tend to fall into one of those two camps. The issue with the first is that it is incredibly hard to quantify. The issue with the second is that the cartography of the Dragonball universe can be a bit weird, with things like goku climbing to the moon, which makes the speed required to reach the sun in seconds quite a bit more up in the air. I assure you the edit was done without reading your post though.
    Seriously?

That was a joke chapter, but when things were far less serious, using it to base the speed of the series is like me doing a history test having studied Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

While I have also questioned - and continue to question - any kind of claim to speed regarding blasts that reach the moon, due to the moon being shown to be much closer to the Earth than ours*, there's no reason to believe that the sun is particularly close to the Earth in Dragon Ball.

*: And no, I don't care that it was done "as a joke", the early events of DB get quite a few callbacks in Z and there's no reason to believe that this particular event is non-canonical when compared to all the others.
    Additonally, the moon being smaller would explain quite nicely why Roshi was capable of blowing it up despite nobody else in Dragonball coming close to that firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    *: And no, I don't care that it was done "as a joke", the early events of DB get quite a few callbacks in Z and there's no reason to believe that this particular event is non-canonical when compared to all the others.
    Additonally, the moon being smaller would explain quite nicely why Roshi was capable of blowing it up despite nobody else in Dragonball coming close to that firepower.
    Nah, it wouldn't work out. Moon being smaller but earth being earth and all that.

It'd probably fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Nah, it wouldn't work out. Moon being smaller but earth being earth and all that.

It'd probably fall.
    Hey, given how much Dragonball (and fiction in general) cares about physics, I'm more willing to buy what's shown than what scientists say should happen as far as manga goes.

I mean, in DBZ moons emit waves that turn Saiyans into giant monkeys and those waves can be reproduced by combining an energy blast with the atmosphere. I'm not even going to try to understand how that's supposed to work.

Hey, given how much Dragonball (and fiction in general) cares about physics, I'm more willing to buy what's shown than what scientists say should happen as far as manga goes.

I mean, in DBZ moons emit waves that turn Saiyans into giant monkeys and those waves can be reproduced by combining an energy blast with the atmosphere. I'm not even going to try to understand how that's supposed to work.
    Hey, how do you know our moon doesn't emit weird energy waves that turn the right sort of people into giant monkeys?

Anyway, let's compare:

Taken from wiki, because wiki is your friend:

Now the manga:

Meh, close enough. Toriyama has never been a master of scale, but not bad I guess.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

the moon doesn't emit them, it reflects them

If it helps, ISTR Goku and Piccolo trying to team up and pummel Brolly with fists and feet, only for him to cross his arms and just weave around their combined barrages effortlessly.

Also, the fight ends with them going tiara shopping together.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer