Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Right, but it's still nonsense. Cyclops got a ton of panel time, so did Rogue, Wolverine, Hope, Emma, Psylocke in recent years. Now you can add Beast, Magneto, Magik, Iceman, Kitty, Rachel, Colossus, Cable and Storm to that. Lowe can like whatever characters he likes, but it has no real link to the quality of whatever comics Mia is talking about. Not to mention the fact that ever since Gillen/Remender/Aaron started writing the main titles, the books have been in a good position. Plus Bendis will keep things interesting/relevant and all the other new titles.
    Oh yes I agree Marvel Now looks Superior to the last couple years looks like everyone well everyone important will be somewhere they can get some shine. No more Senior X-men standing around like wallpaper. So yeah Marvel Now looks like its got something for everyone except New X-men fans but that hardly counts. Finally, we seem to be fully out of the shadow of the Fraction Era which is a very good thing. And your right GRA marked the transition period.

Still while the writing overall of x-books has improved, events have still been absolutely terrible. Well besides the art.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Oh yes I agree Marvel Now looks Superior to the last couple years looks like everyone well everyone important will be somewhere they can get some shine. No more Senior X-men standing around like wallpaper. So yeah Marvel Now looks like its got something for everyone except New X-men fans but that hardly counts. Finally, we seem to be fully out of the shadow of the Fraction Era which is a very good thing. And your right GRA marked the transition period.

Still while the writing overall of x-books has improved, events have still been absolutely terrible. Well besides the art.
    People like to hold on to Fraction's run because it gives them an opportunity to take umbrage/project bitterness/act like they've been personally hard done by. It makes sense that certain types of people have a hard time moving on from that.

People like to hold on to Fraction's run because it gives them an opportunity to take umbrage/project bitterness/act like they've been personally hard done by. It makes sense that certain types of people have a hard time moving on from that.
    Fraction did some great things during his run.
    Integrating Namor and Magneto into the X-Fold.
    Crafting Utopia.
    How about that sweet Predator X battle with a suped-up-Rogue. One of my favorite Rogue moments in ages.

......S'all I got.
    Still...good things.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Really? How long has it been since Fractions run? At some point, you have to move on.

Oh don't worry I don't feel hard done. I just think Fraction had some characterization difficulties and needs to work on his execution. The ideas themselves are fine some were pretty good overall execution not so much. But obviously Gillen was superior although I really don't think he was on long enough to consider what he did a distinct Era.

Fraction's run was amazing! These boards were never as alive as when his run was going on.

Polarizing Runs generate comments. Its hard to extend a thread where everyone thinks something was grand. Bendis did the same on the Avengers Side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Fraction's run was amazing! These boards were never as alive as when his run was going on.
    True story, if i ever reread his run i'll def be reading the CBR review threads as a companion piece.

Polarizing Runs generate comments. Its hard to extend a thread where everyone thinks something was grand. Bendis did the same on the Avengers Side.
    lol, his run wasn't exactly what i'd call polarizing. At least not on here.

Ugh, I wish I was posting here during Fraction's run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Ugh, I wish I was posting here during Fraction's run.
    We had at least one breakdown on here per issue. The Magneto bowing to Scott issue. Legendary. The sisterhood arc was great too.

True story, if i ever reread his run i'll def be reading the CBR review threads as a companion piece.

lol, his run wasn't exactly what i'd call polarizing. At least not on here.
    Fine Pure Unadulterated Hatred.

We had at least one breakdown on here per issue. The Magneto bowing to Scott issue. Legendary. The sisterhood arc was great too.
    I'll look up the review threads. Hopefully the search function won't fail me.

I don't recall anyone adoring the run, really. People basically argued over whether the run deserved a 5 or a 2 out of ten.

That being said, it was pretty damn funny to watch the marks turn on the Dark X-Men.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-23-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Fraction did some great things during his run.
    Integrating Namor and Magneto into the X-Fold.
    Crafting Utopia.
    How about that sweet Predator X battle with a suped-up-Rogue. One of my favorite Rogue moments in ages.

......S'all I got.
    Still...good things.
    Pixie! (and many more)

I still think Sisterhood was a good story