Default Types of Kryptonite and what they do

Guys I'm wondering, what are all of the types of Krypton that have existed in the comics for many years and what do they all do to Superman?

I hope they stick to just one type of kryptonite. The green one which single effect should be to be able to weaken and kill kryptonians and daxamites alike. Hope also they get rid of the ridiculous lead weakness of the daxamites.

Well usually Kryptonite is usually the radioactive remains of the planet Krypton.

As of New 52:

Green K-most famous and common version(most recently New 52 Action Comics#6, Action Comics#1, Supergirl#3(I think) Superboy#4(i think)) weakens/removes the powers and abilities of the Kryptonians, and kill them in time. The effect on human changes it can either be harmless to humans, give them powers or over time can give humans cancer and kill them.

Red K(Silver Age, Lois and Clark, Krypto the Superdog cartoon, Smallville, Batman:Brave and the Bold, New 52 Action Comics#6) random changes a kryptonian DNA. Could be evil one minute and have an ant head the next. Usually lasts 24 hours.

Black K(All Star Superman, few post crisis comics, Smallville)turns kryptonians evil or splits them in two.

Gold K(Silver Age, few post crisis comics, Smallville, New 52 Action Comics#6) removes a Kryptonian's powers for 15 seconds or permanently depending on the comics.

Blue K(Smallville, comics, Superman.Returns video game) mostly Bizarro's green kryptonite. It either takes away a kryptonians powers, doesn't affect them, cure them of red k, makes Superman stronger, depending on the version

There were more versions of Kryptonite but you have to check Wikipedia. As on New 52/Action Comics#6 there are at least 5 kinds of kryptonite I think(Green, Red, blue(most deadliest kind of kryptonite), white, black) and they all originated of a power source of Superman's rocket. There was also synthetic kryptonite in Superboy or Supergirl.
    Last edited by Ironman2978; 11-22-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Last edited by marshal99; 11-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Jewel Kryptonite

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what-is-kryptonite-used-for.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	104573

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    Well usually Kryptonite is usually the radioactive remains of the planet Krypton.

As of New 52:

Green K-most famous and common version(most recently New 52 Action Comics#6, Action Comics#1, Supergirl#3(I think) Superboy#4(i think)) weakens/removes the powers and abilities of the Kryptonians and Daxamites, and kill them in time.

Red K(Silver Age, Lois and Clark, Krypto the Superdog cartoon, Smallville, Batman:Brave and the Bold, New 52 Action Comics#6) random changes a kryptonian DNA. Could be evil one minute and have an ant head the next. Usually lasts 24 hours.

Black K(All Star Superman, few post crisis comics, Smallville)turns kryptonians evil or splits them in two.

Gold K(Silver Age, few post crisis comics, Smallville, New 52 Action Comics#6) removes a Kryptonian's powers for 15 seconds or permanently depending on the comics.

Blue K(Smallville, comics, Superman.Returns video game) mostly Bizarro's green kryptonite. It either takes away a kryptonians powers, doesn't affect them, cure them of red k, makes Superman stronger, depending on the version

There were more versions of Kryptonite but you have to check Wikipedia. As on New 52/Action Comics#6 there are at least 5 kinds of kryptonite I think(Green, Red, blue(most deadliest kind of kryptonite), white, black) and they all originated of a power source of Superman's rocket. There was also synthetic kryptonite in Superboy or Supergirl.
    Pretty sure that Daxamites are still not affected by Kryptonite, at least not in a negative way. Green K is usually the main component of Brainaic 5's anti-lead serum, which keeps Mon-El alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel01 View Post
    Pretty sure that Daxamites are still not affected by Kryptonite, at least not in a negative way. Green K is usually the main component of Brainaic 5's anti-lead serum, which keeps Mon-El alive.
    I forgot about that fact. I only wrote that because of what Francisco wrote. Let me fix that. Thanks.
    A Comic book fan till I die.