Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    spoilers:
    apparently Batman is vouching for Jason's crew which I'm curious to learn why.
    end of spoilers
    I'm curious about that as well.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

spoilers:
    If Isabel does die....I hope Jason kills Joker
    end of spoilers
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm curious about that as well.
    It's probably because this comic is about to tie-into Inc., and this is their preemptive way of pretending they've been tied-in the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    It's probably because this comic is about to tie-into Inc., and this is their preemptive way of pretending they've been tied-in the whole time.
    Very likely but I still wish it wouldn't bother to try. I'm not overly impressed by Inc. and never have been. Morrison is not my cuppa.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Very likely but I still wish it wouldn't bother to try. I'm not overly impressed by Inc. and never have been. Morrison is not my cuppa.
    I like him. But I like him better separate.

I like him.
    Pretty much everything I've tried from him has been pretty much hit or miss even within various runs. For example, I've tried multiple times to get into his Batman work and although there are parts of his Bat run that I enjoyed (like his Batman and Robin run) other parts failed to grab my attention. I tried to get in on the ground floor with his Action run thinking maybe my lack of doing so with Batman may have been the problem but that didn't grab me either. After that last time I've come to the conclusion that despite his writing being held in such high regard by what appears to be a majority of comic fans that it's just not for me.

But I like him better separate.
    That view makes perfect sense to me given that he doesn't really seem to be referencing anything in the N52 in his work from what I'm given to understand from people reading Inc. despite the fact that at least Tomasi references Inc. on occasion. Seems to me Inc. should just be treated as a separate deal from the rest because even if it's not supposedly out of the N52 continuity it feels like it is enough that it's fans often make mention of it.

A fun issue, although having to line up with DC's poorly handled Helspont storyline didn't help it. But sometimes, you've wrapped one story, have to tie into a big crossover the next month, and you've got to tread some water, so I did respect that Lobdell used the opportunity to get his "Superman" out there a little more, provide a little greater DCU context and keep that Helspont plot-line in existence.

Things are still weird without Rocafort, but the art is serviceable. I do hope to see them get someone spiffy and sleek in the near future. Wondering what's up with Arsenal.

And it was great that Lobdell slipped in that oblique reference to Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything".

Jason's 1:0 with Mongul.
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The faces were really weird but besides that it was a pretty good issue. I liked that Lobdell is keeping to the trip down memory lane theme that Snyder established.

So is the Jason saving superman something new or is that a reference to a story I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    So is the Jason saving superman something new or is that a reference to a story I don't know?
    Well, with the reboot you never know, but it's most likely a reference to the story For the man who has everything by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, in which pre-Crisis Jason

spoilers:
    saved Superman from Mongul by using the Black Mercy on the later.
    end of spoilers

Infme et fier de l'tre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    The faces were really weird but besides that it was a pretty good issue. I liked that Lobdell is keeping to the trip down memory lane theme that Snyder established.

It's apparently a reference to the Superman story "For the Man who has Everything",where Batman, Robin/Jason and WW discover Mogul used a plant that makes people live the life of their dream on Superman to neutralize him. In the end, Superman gets free and fights Mogul, but is about to lose the fight when Jason turns up, and use said plant on Mogul.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Huh interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

I gave this a shot since a) I thought Lobdells Superman issue was pretty cool and b) I knew it'd be both a one-shot and lead in to Death of the Fam. And have to say I that I kinda liked it. Which is good because Hood was always the series I wanted to like more than I actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    And it was great that Lobdell slipped in that oblique reference to Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything".

Jason's 1:0 with Mongul.
    And saving Wonderwoman and Batman at the same time, love that he can always play the, "I saved the Trinity," card.
    Where is the madness that you promised me? Where is the dream for which I paid dearly?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewman View Post
    And saving Wonderwoman and Batman at the same time, love that he can always play the, "I saved the Trinity," card.
    Oh, same. I wouldn't like Jason Todd as much as I do if he wasn't such a snot. (Despite Grayson having like, the better part of a Century of saving his big brotherly figures' lives. Competing with Grayson is something Jason seems to have moved past and is better for it. A short-lived reaction to Bruce's death, that was all.)

Actually seeing him paired up with Superman here kind of reminded me that their age difference is closer now. Sure, there's probably a decade of age separating them, but seeing a younger, less paternal Superman commenting on the outlaw behavior of these barely-adults was an interesting dynamic.

Roy needs a haircut bad, I must add.
    Last edited by Retro315; 11-22-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Art aside(seriously the faces reminded me of toads at times) this was one of the best issues so far, I loved the chat with Superman even though the Helspont plot is pretty boring and the Death of the Family subplot was handled amazingly. The Jack Napier persona cribbing George Carlin's hippy dippy weather man was awesome. I can't wait to see more.