Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Red Hood and the Outlaws #14

• Just as the team gets back to Earth, they are interrupted by SUPERMAN.
    • There's a Black Market alien technology being fenced and the Man of Steel has traced a connection to the Red Hood!
    • An old friend of Jason is coming for him leading up to next month's "DEATH OF THE FAMILY" tie-in issue!

Full preview here.

Alixe's work is beautiful. A shame he's not the regular guy on this book, as it perfectly suits his sensibility.

Who is the artist solicited for next issue, do we know? I know Alixe is moving to Team Seven.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Alixe's work is beautiful. A shame he's not the regular guy on this book, as it perfectly suits his sensibility.
    I'm not really digging his art myself. All of the faces so far are very fat and squat looking to me. Also what the heck is going on with Roy's hair length?

Who is the artist solicited for next issue, do we know? I know Alixe is moving to Team Seven.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's Timothy Green II. I just wish they would put some other artist on it since I'm not liking his art either and I wish they would get around to someone permanent as well.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I think this is a book, more than many, that benefits from an edgey, sleek artist. In that way Rocaforte was perfect; he felt youthful, vibrant, energetic, design-heavy.

Perhaps Broussard, from Top Cow, though I'm sure he's on an exclusive.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

"and what? where all supose to pretend he is a good guy"
    coming from a reformed murderer thats rich.

NO it is not, he is like olivier coipel in that he makes all his faces overly round, and it comes off silly, specialy with starfires face, whom rocafort made clear as having a very slender face/head, the rest is ok but its not good enough like coipels stuff to make us forget the crappy face work. that close up face shot of starfire itself is Not a badly drawn face at all, it just does not in anyway say Starfire
    I think this is a book, more than many, that benefits from an edgey, sleek artist. In that way Rocaforte was perfect; he felt youthful, vibrant, energetic, design-heavy.
    Perhaps Broussard, from Top Cow, though I'm sure he's on an exclusive.
    THIS, broussard can be really great

Heh, I just love it when characters say "screw you" to Superman.

I'm curious to see who the regular artist turns out to be. For me Rocaforte was a big part of the appeal of this book.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not really digging his art myself.
    Me, either. I mean, he's good in general, but I do not like the way he draws the faces of Starfire or Roy at all. And Roy's hair is out of control. It's not the being different to previous issues that bothers me; it's just an awful looking hairstyle.

Rocaforte's art was kind of an acquired taste for me, but I miss the hell out of him on this book now.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not really digging his art myself. All of the faces so far are very fat and squat looking to me. Also what the heck is going on with Roy's hair length?
    This is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the preview.

Concept of this issue sounds great, but the art (while it looks good mostly) has some weird faces

One would think that after five months DC would find a worthy replacement for Rocafort...

Complains aside, the preview is a lot of fun and is gonna be really interesting to see the first meeting of a batfamily member and superman in the N52 plus, the lead-in for DOTF

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Knowing the way Lobdell writes, a good regular artist is critical. Apart from a couple of the faces, this looks pretty good.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    One would think that after five months DC would find a worthy replacement for Rocafort...

Complains aside, the preview is a lot of fun and is gonna be really interesting to see the first meeting of a batfamily member and superman in the N52 plus, the lead-in for DOTF
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Knowing the way Lobdell writes, a good regular artist is critical. Apart from a couple of the faces, this looks pretty good.
    I think Timothy Green, II is taking over at least up until issue #17
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

I could not disagree more. The artwork shown in this preview makes me glad I decided to stop buying the book a few issues after Rocafort left, mostly because of the bad artists they were bringing on. This quality artwork is not something worth paying for.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Just finished reading it and though the story was fine the art was just horrible to look at. I think I burned my eyes in a couple of places. The faces look terrible most of the time, the art overall was inconsistant enough that even I noticed it and I'm not sure what was going on with Jason's proportions or people's costumes in a couple of panels. Thank g-d that this artist was just a temp. one. If he was staying on the book permanently I would be dropping it post haste. Awful, just awful. I'd take Green II over this and that's saying something since I don't really like his art either.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Really dug the story, and the art when it was zoomed out was pretty good. But wth was with Arsenal in this issue he just looked competely wrong. Most of the faces were odd looking to me, but his was just weird in some of the close ups. I really liked the set-up for the death of the family tie-in and

spoilers:
    apparently Batman is vouching for Jason's crew which I'm curious to learn why.
    end of spoilers

I'll admit Green's no Rocafort, but I've enjoyed his style on its own so far and will be glad when he's back.