Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mutant Civil War? All-New X-men #1 (spoilers)

Hey,

I am a noob to the boards and wanted to discuss a particular part of dialog from All New X-Men #1. If I am not following proper protocol I apologize in advance.

Did anyone else find it contradictory when Storm said she would not participate in mutant civil war? In the early years of the x-books, before the mutant gene explosion she and the other x-men seemed to be eternally locked against rogue mutant elements. Any mutant who opposed Xavier's vision or threatened human life had to contend with the x-men. They were essentially fighting a mutant civil war. Why is it different now that Scott is leading a group with a divergent mission? I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by infinitywatch View Post
    Hey,

I am a noob to the boards and wanted to discuss a particular part of dialog from All New X-Men #1. If I am not following proper protocol I apologize in advance.

Did anyone else find it contradictory when Storm said she would not participate in mutant civil war? In the early years of the x-books, before the mutant gene explosion she and the other x-men seemed to be eternally locked against rogue mutant elements. Any mutant who opposed Xavier's vision or threatened human life had to contend with the x-men. They were essentially fighting a mutant civil war. Why is it different now that Scott is leading a group with a divergent mission? I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.
    Because she knows that even people at the school, like Hellion, Prodigy and Surge, would rebel.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Hey,

Welcome to the boards!

1. Scott is not nearly as militant or dangerous to their cause as Magneto's Brotherhood was. He's not threatening or attacking innocent human targets, he's attacking targets that are already anti-mutant, something the X-Men or their affiliate groups/individuals have already done in the past.

2. I'd say the X-Men have learned from their experiences of fighting Magneto's Brotherhood that being locked in a war about who knows best for mutants is one of the worst things for mutants. From the Decimation until now, the vast majority of both mutant heroes and villains have worked together to survive and have arguably gotten more done when it comes to protecting mutantkind than the X-Men did in years.

BANNED

Cyclops will attack the school when he realizes that Beast is responsible for bringing the 05 forward. He will raze it to the ground.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Cyclops will attack the school when he realizes that Beast is responsible for bringing the 05 forward. He will raze it to the ground.
    He will then proceed to steal Jean's statue and mount it in his bed chamber where he will talk to it at night pretending that someone is listening to his problems.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He will then proceed to steal Jean's statue and mount it in his bed chamber where he will talk to it at night pretending that someone is listening to his problems.
    LMAO, I can actually picture that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He can't it's in wolverine bed now

BANNED

Cyclops already created his own Jean statue to talk to, but he dissolved it for getting uppity.

Forgot all about that one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Forgot all about that one
    Marvel hates Cyclops. They're Claremont fans after all.

Smh poor cyclops

There's so many fractions within mutant kind now its crazy there's wolverine, the 05, cyclops, raven, captain america/havok and cable

She'll get involved eventually, because Scott made her do it.

Storm is always overreacting like this.

Don't know if your kidding or being sarcastic... But I'll they don't