Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...I might have to as well. But they still need to team up first.

EDIT: And method of death.
    One of the guys who works at my local shop is a huge Young Avengers fan. In particular Wiccan and Hulking. I like to joke with him that if I ever wrote that title, the first thing I would do would be kill one of those characters.

But that's just me messing with him.

Can you describe the type of stories we'll get in the first six issues? Like, will we be getting one giant Asgardian arc first, switch to street level after a few issues, or something like that?
    The first six issues is one big arc. It deals with the potential rise of a world-threatening ancient power. It will also lead to some long-term ramifications. After that, the types of story will vary--in terms of genre, themes, characters spotlighted, and length.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

I think the tag line for this title should be "The only Marvel Now title with Balls!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    The first six issues is one big arc. It deals with the potential rise of a world-threatening ancient power. It will also lead to some long-term ramifications. After that, the types of story will vary--in terms of genre, themes, characters spotlighted, and length.
    Very, very cool.

One of the guys who works at my local shop is a huge Young Avengers fan. In particular Wiccan and Hulking. I like to joke with him that if I ever wrote that title, the first thing I would do would be kill one of those characters.

But that's just me messing with him.
    Killing one of them would be small potatoes compared to a villain using magic and making them straight.

Seriously, Thanks for answering questions!
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 11-20-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much for answering my question, I really appreciate that you take the time to come out here and interact with us fans like this!

I have a couple more, if you're still going to stick around and can answer without being spoilery. I'll try and make sure they're not...compromising questions.

You said in the interview that this was going to be part buddy book part action-y, right? So, what's the scope of the threat the Defenders are going to be facing against(street versus global versus cosmic or a mixture of all of the above)? Will we get panels of the girls just chilling and comparing notes on their previous lovers over a box of chinese and watching Golden Girls?

More seriously, though, since 'Fearless' was the word tagged for this in the teaser, is that a theme that will be echoed throughout the run?
    I'm in the middle of writing the first arc, and there hasn't been a lot of time for the characters to sit around chilling out. That's not to say I haven;t built in some character moments and such. It's just a busy arc for the team. :) Maybe in a future issue we'll see them just hanging out. :)

The Fearless tag will be something that surfaces throughout the series. This team will need to face and conquer their fears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    I think the tag line for this title should be "The only Marvel Now title with Balls!"
    "Fearless Defenders: Don't you want to read about people other than the Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I'm in the middle of writing the first arc, and there hasn't been a lot of time for the characters to sit around chilling out. That's not to say I haven;t built in some character moments and such. It's just a busy arc for the team. :) Maybe in a future issue we'll see them just hanging out. :)

The Fearless tag will be something that surfaces throughout the series. This team will need to face and conquer their fears.
    Awesome! Seriously again, REALLY looking forward to the release, and thanks so much for the response!
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Retired

Presumably Dani's role will centre around her connection to Asgard, but will her ties to mutantkind still form an essential part of her character?
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

Is there anything that Will Sliney really wants to do in this book?

Mr. Bunn your Hulks vs Wolverines pitch sounds fantastic!Maybe you should run that up with Waid,Parker and Way.

Anyway so if you see S/D's sig please make the team-up happen so he can stop complaning.

BANNED

Looks like he's gone. THANK YOU MR. BUNN!

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

See what you've done S/D you drove Mr. Bunn away and now will never get your songbird/diamondback teamup
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

"Fearless Defenders: Don't you want to read about people other than the Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man?"
    Yes. But i never said anything about fuggin' Valkyrie :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    If the other mutant is Pixie, I'm sure Val will grow on you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    See what you've done S/D you drove Mr. Bunn away and now will never get your songbird/diamondback teamup
    We shall see.

Chillax Pixie! I'm sure one of your favorites will show up!