Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I'm around if anyone has any follow up questions, comments, or limitless praise. :)
    I realise that doesn't extend to requests, but Siryn (as The Morrigan) was made for this team. Goddess, mutant and friend to Dani Moonstar. Looking forward to seeing your final roster regardless. Echoing murdershewrote's desire for Magma too.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

I'm around if anyone has any follow up questions, comments, or limitless praise. :)
    Loved how you had a couple scenes with Headmistress Pryde and Power-Secretary Grey at the beginning of your run. You know what the quality couple is.

Honestly, all of my questions revolve around who else will be in the cast. Glad to see Dani make it in as a founder, given her Valkyrie ties. Hopefully, the three announced characters will be enough to get people to buy the book and find out who else is joining. (I second .AČ's idea of Siryn though!)

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    Oh man, hey Bunn! This is so exciting! Have to say, Fearless Defenders is definitely the Now! book I'm most looking forward to - and it's going to be my first time pre-ordering a book!

How did you come to be inspired to write it? I know you said the idea occurred during the FI tie in, but what pushed you to really pitch it?

(also please use Magma please please please I'll erect a really awesome shrine of you in my closet and will totally buy 2 copies of each issue!)
    The idea came to me while I was trying to figure out how to end The Fearless. In that book, there were these hammers that I needed to get rid of. I thought using the valkyrior to get rid of them might be a nice, clean way to manage to problem. That, of course, led me to the idea of Valkyrie building this new group of Shield Maidens. As for what drove me to pitch it, I just couldn't shake the idea. I kept coming back to it over and over again. So, as the end of The Fearless drew closer, I sent a one-page synopsis of the series in!

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

any chance we'll see any of the Desir pop up in Fearless Defenders?

So, as the end of The Fearless drew closer, I sent a one-page synopsis of the series in!
    Was the one-page pitch a crude stick drawing of Valkyrie with the word AWESOME written beneath her in block capitals?

Because it would make my year if it was.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

The idea came to me while I was trying to figure out how to end The Fearless. In that book, there were these hammers that I needed to get rid of. I thought using the valkyrior to get rid of them might be a nice, clean way to manage to problem. That, of course, led me to the idea of Valkyrie building this new group of Shield Maidens. As for what drove me to pitch it, I just couldn't shake the idea. I kept coming back to it over and over again. So, as the end of The Fearless drew closer, I sent a one-page synopsis of the series in!
    Awesome! Thanks so much for answering my question, I really appreciate that you take the time to come out here and interact with us fans like this!

I have a couple more, if you're still going to stick around and can answer without being spoilery. I'll try and make sure they're not...compromising questions.

You said in the interview that this was going to be part buddy book part action-y, right? So, what's the scope of the threat the Defenders are going to be facing against(street versus global versus cosmic or a mixture of all of the above)? Will we get panels of the girls just chilling and comparing notes on their previous lovers over a box of chinese and watching Golden Girls?

More seriously, though, since 'Fearless' was the word tagged for this in the teaser, is that a theme that will be echoed throughout the run?

BANNED

Can you describe the type of stories we'll get in the first six issues? Like, will we be getting one giant Asgardian arc first, switch to street level after a few issues, or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    any chance we'll see any of the Desir pop up in Fearless Defenders?
    Yeah, a pretty good chance.

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Yeah, a pretty good chance.
    hopefully as friends because i loved the happy ending Gillen gave them.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Maybe Diamondback kills Songbird.... ;)
    If this happens buying ten of fearless defenders
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    If this happens buying ten of fearless defenders
    ...I might have to as well. But they still need to team up first.

EDIT: And method of death.
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 11-20-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Any chance of getting hints as to who'll be involved, Mister Bunn?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    hopefully as friends because i loved the happy ending Gillen gave them.
    I liked that ending as well. Yes, they'll most likely be allies. And they might be united against something even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    Any chance of getting hints as to who'll be involved, Mister Bunn?
    I just did another CBR interview on The Fearless Defenders. Not sure when it will run. But I did try to drop a few hints. :)