Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He thinks he's God's gift to d-listers.
    There are no bad writers, only bad characters.

Polaris Haters

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    He thinks he's God's gift to d-listers.
    He's right. If it weren't for him they'd be completely and utterly undeveloped background characters at Wolverine's school.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Potty-Man View Post
    It's Weird to me that he'd be interested in adapting another writer's story into a novel. I wonder how close it sticks to the original, or if it's been Peter David-ified in the process (nopt that that's a bad thing...)
    He was on a panel with Axel Alonso about adaptation at NYCC. You can read CBR's coverage of it here. Forgot to mention he also wrote the Avengers: Season One graphic novel, but that has yet to be released separately from the film. I've only ever read his X-Factor runs myself.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    He's right. If it weren't for him they'd be completely and utterly undeveloped background characters at Wolverine's school.
    Or dead in some event.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    David does a ton of novelizations of films. He also writes his won novels and has started his own comic magazine The Camelot Papers. He also writes video games. Here's a full list.
    The Camelot Papers isn't a magazine. It's another novel. Rather good, too.

But yeah, he keeps himself busy. "Writer of Stuff" and all that. And he seems content to be doing just X-Factor for now.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

He gets sick of having to tie things in to every X-over and event, which is why he first left X-Factor in the 90s. Now other stuff occupies him.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's interesting, too, because his issues of X-Factor during X-Cutioner's Song and Messiah Complex are among the best of both X-Factor runs.
    They were the only interesting thing within X-Cutioner's Song. Even the Bishop/Cable/Wolverine team-up was good. I'm sure PAD could fart out a generic Wolverinecentric crowd pleaser and it would be actually awesomer.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    They were the only interesting thing within X-Cutioner's Song. Even the Bishop/Cable/Wolverine team-up was good. I'm sure PAD could fart out a generic Wolverinecentric crowd pleaser and it would be actually awesomer.
    I read a couple of his Wolverine: First Class issues and they were fun (could just be my Kitty bias, but whatever).
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

I meant a crass commercial project just for cash, not that.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

He likes to do things with precision.

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's interesting, too, because his issues of X-Factor during X-Cutioner's Song and Messiah Complex are among the best of both X-Factor runs.
    Yep I agree, he hates cross-overs but does them so well.

Except that he doesn't want to. Though it isn't quite true that he hates all crossovers. He participated in some during his Hulk run, and his current X-Factor run. He just likes to make sure that the story in the crossover is relevant to the characters in his book and that it flows naturally. His problem with X-Cutioner's Song was that the story was divided up into 12 parts without taking into consideration which part would be published in which title. So we had X-Factor sidelined in favor of the Bishop/Cable/Wolverine team-up. He thought that wasn't fair to readers who bought the book wanting to read about X-Factor. Compare this to Messiah Complex, which came fairly early in his second run. It was a much better organized story with each part containing characters from all four books and moves the overall plot forward, but they made sure that important character beats happened in their own book, so each issue of X-Factor would still matter to X-Factor readers who didn't care about the overall plot of the X-Books.

Thank god he's only doing X-factor

Quote Originally Posted by Potty-Man View Post
    It's Weird to me that he'd be interested in adapting another writer's story into a novel. I wonder how close it sticks to the original, or if it's been Peter David-ified in the process (nopt that that's a bad thing...)

I hope PAD adds one of the X-Kids as the Seventh member of the astonishing team.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Meh. His Wolverine run wasn't very good. I liked all of his other stuff better.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."