Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bob Harras' strategy is rebooting everything to a #1 every 6 months and stamping "COLLECTOR ITEM" on the cover.
    Last edited by MartinRedmond; 11-21-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Bob Harras' strategy is rebooting everything to a #1 every 6 months and stamping "COLLECTOR ITEM" on the cover.
    Oh yeah, right. Old grudge.

That's not what's happening at DC?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

If Harras had real skills, we would've seen Claremont on Uncanny X-Men through #300 and actually tying up all his plot threads. It would've been a beautiful end to a fantastic run, and would've transitioned better into the next round of creative teams.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

I couldn't agree more. You can feel Claremont starting to lose steam a bit near the end (though I absolutely love Mutant Genesis), but he had plotting through to 300 that would have been an amazing finish to see Lobdell and Nicieza take over from, and their runs would probably be more fairly remembered today. The Shadow King story he had planned made much more sense than the one we got, and was supposed to end with the start of another "X-Men on the run" era. And if we're talking poor editorial choices, why did they start X-Men Forever after Mutant Genesis? (Rhetorical. Obviously they made the choice because that was his actual last issue) It would have made sense to start it from right before the Muir Island saga so we really could have seen Claremont work through his original plan.

BANNED

Was Fallen Angels canceled?

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    That doesn't make him a piece of shit. Ad hominem attacks are logical fallacies.
    He also did sterling assistant-editoring on U.S-1 back in the early 80s. Free pass for life just for that alone.

He has edited so many terrible books with awful writers and artists who badly trace over Jim Lee. Sorry, it's not just that he destroyed UXM and some other good runs with writers who can actually write. If it were music, he'd be this producer who autotunes everything.

He treated Claremont horribly during the early '90s. A piece of shit might be a little too much, but I do think he's not a very good person.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Because he's only currently contracted to write one book for them, and that's the one he'd like to do, is my guess.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

He has edited so many terrible books with awful writers and artists who badly trace over Jim Lee. Sorry, it's not just that he destroyed UXM and some other good runs with writers who can actually write. If it were music, he'd be this producer who autotunes everything.
    OMG! Bob Harras is to comics what Dr. Luke is to pop music! So many similarities.

Essential reading

Gross, he wrote Tik Tok, TGIF and Teenage Dream. Most awful audio next to "Kiss you Inside Out".

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Because he's only currently contracted to write one book for them, and that's the one he'd like to do, is my guess.
    He also writes The Dark Tower.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He also writes The Dark Tower.
    Well, then two books. But still, if that's all he's contracted by Marvel to do, currently, that's all he's got to do.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Gross, he wrote Tik Tok, TGIF and Teenage Dream. Most awful audio next to "Kiss you Inside Out".

Dr. Luke also recycles songs and modifies them the smallest amount possible to have it not be a lawsuit. e.g. The Veronicas "4ever" and P!nk's "U + Ur Hand." There also scandal around his production of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend."

Essential reading