Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Wow. The Thunderbolts is never going to get a break, are they?

Daniel Way's writing + Dillon's art = they are TRYING to cancel the series.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake Dave View Post
    Wow. The Thunderbolts is never going to get a break, are they?

Daniel Way's writing + Dillon's art = they are TRYING to cancel the series.

If they wanted to cancel the series, then they wouldn't have even bothered with this re-launch of the team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer073 View Post
    At first, I thought it would be Diamondback. I just keep thinking of Way's comment about the character's galvanizing effect on the team. After reading her profile, Mercy would make better sense than either Diamondback or Songbird in terms of stirring things up on the team. Although, they could play Songbird as the voice advocating restraint, creating tension between the team's no compromise philosophy. But, then why would Thunderbolt Ross want her on the team in the first place? Mercy has a unique (for the team that is) powerset. Although, if it is her, it would be interesting to see how Ross convinces her to be a team player; maybe promising her that she would be able to help put a lot of others out of their misery?
    That's a really great point! I'm not really familiar with Diamondback or Mercy? Originally I was hoping that it was Songbird to please S/D who unleashed the Fem Force on the whereabouts of her beloved characters. I like the idea of Mercy because she seems quite powerful and the team needs another woman.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    If they wanted to cancel the series, then they wouldn't have even bothered with this re-launch of the team lol.
    I agree, there are a lot of popular characters in the book, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    I agree, there are a lot of popular characters in the book, I can't wait.
    Ha, thanks for sharing the video, hadn't seen it before.

I am branching out and buying a lot of books I wouldn't normally touch with this Marvel NOW initiative, but I have to say this is the book I am the most excited for.

what a great team wasted on an artist like steve dillon...just imagine someone like joe mad, Carlo Barberi, paco medina, anyone but this guy....
    let me tell you now, this will not do as well as it should simply cause of the artist.

The art doesn't actually look that bad. I am hoping that if turns out to be a genuinely good book that people will overlook their various issues with the creative team and give it a try.

i hope ur right...i just dont get why marvel keep guys like this around...
    although it looks "alright" at the moment, its still no where near meets the standard the top comic book company in the world should be producing.

Me too, only like a week or so to know for sure!

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

This will be good

I like the cast. I hate the art. I'm not real familiar with Dillon's art, but from what I've seen in Thunderbolts, I'm not impressed. I hated Way in Deadpool, but I'll give him a chance since this team is gonna be a kill squad and UXF is going girlie/midget. I think the mystery woman is Songbird. look at the costume. You have the pink hair and the neck rings. I think she would work well galvanizing a team like this. I'm excited to see if Way delivers with Deadpool on this one. I really want to see if Way can make DP a scary character like it stated in the article. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed though after reading Posehn/Duggan's Deadpool. Those guys knocked it out of the park with that book! I agree that Rulk looks really wierd in this book. Too smoothed out and not Hulkie enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    what a great team wasted on an artist like steve dillon...just imagine someone like joe mad, Carlo Barberi, paco medina, anyone but this guy....
    let me tell you now, this will not do as well as it should simply cause of the artist.
    I'm not a big fan of his art myself, and that gave me reservation about this series, but despite the artist the premise seems to be so striking. And I'm certain I read in the earliest previews of this series, that the group just turned up because of some incident that drew them all to this one place. Later previews are now saying Ross assembled them. I wish they would make up their mind.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I'm not a big fan of his art myself, and that gave me reservation about this series, but despite the artist the premise seems to be so striking. And I'm certain I read in the earliest previews of this series, that the group just turned up because of some incident that drew them all to this one place. Later previews are now saying Ross assembled them. I wish they would make up their mind.
    Where? Everything I remember reading about this team since the book was announced was that Ross recruits these folks. And as we can see in the preview pages (especially the ones that were on comixology, which seem to be removed now...), Ross is approaching each of the team members individually. Not exactly a random incident that happens to bring them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudepool View Post
    I like the cast. I hate the art. I'm not real familiar with Dillon's art, but from what I've seen in Thunderbolts, I'm not impressed. I hated Way in Deadpool, but I'll give him a chance since this team is gonna be a kill squad and UXF is going girlie/midget. I think the mystery woman is Songbird. look at the costume. You have the pink hair and the neck rings. I think she would work well galvanizing a team like this. I'm excited to see if Way delivers with Deadpool on this one. I really want to see if Way can make DP a scary character like it stated in the article. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed though after reading Posehn/Duggan's Deadpool. Those guys knocked it out of the park with that book! I agree that Rulk looks really wierd in this book. Too smoothed out and not Hulkie enough.
    I'm not familiar with Deadpool? From what I've seen he's the comic relief and tells jokes. Did Daniel Way make him into a loud, overbearing, and annoying character?

I quite like Dillon's art. When he first started on PunisherMAX I really disliked it but I persevered because I loved me some Max Punisher. He kinda grew on me, one day I opened an issue up and it just felt right. I like his Rulk.

Not to sure how I feel about Castle being on the team. I love Punisher but im not sure he'll work in a team dynamic.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men