View Poll Results: How much time will pass until Emma and Cyke will find to each other again?

Voters
57. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Less than a year

10 17.54%
  • 1 year

7 12.28%
  • 2 years

6 10.53%
  • 3 years

1 1.75%
  • 4 years

0 0%
  • 5 years or more

0 0%
  • I really think that their romance is over forEVER

33 57.89%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    So, on a scale of "neat" to "omfg yes," ...Emma joins the New Avengers...what is your reaction?
    Hickman did mention a female will be joining the ranks of his NA cast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    So, on a scale of "neat" to "omfg yes," ...Emma joins the New Avengers...what is your reaction?
    New Avengers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncanny Avenger. Emma teamed up with the rest of the Illuminati would be pure badass. A boss bitch among boss men.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    New Avengers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncanny Avenger. Emma teamed up with the rest of the Illuminati would be pure badass. A boss bitch among boss men.
    But she won't be a infinity gem holder. NA will mainly focus on the Illuminati and since she's not one of them there won't have much room for her. Joining an Avengers team would be great but I prefer her staying on the X-Men side.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    But she won't be a infinity gem holder. NA will mainly focus on the Illuminati and since she's not one of them there won't have much room for her. Joining an Avengers team would be great but I prefer her staying on the X-Men side.
    Who cares about the Infinity Gem. Emma doesn't need that to stand toe to toe with the rest of the Illuminati members. Besides other than being an X-Men, I want Emma apart of a team of the MU's power players.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

New Avengers looks like it'll be one of the most boring books ever published, tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong (not that I care too much, since I can't be bothered to read a book with T'Challa, Cap, Iron Man, Beast and Reed all in the same room).

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    New Avengers looks like it'll be one of the most boring books ever published, tbh. Hopefully I'm wrong (not that I care too much, since I can't be bothered to read a book with T'Challa, Cap, Iron Man, Beast and Reed all in the same room).
    It's written by Hickman, it's impossible for it to be boring.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's written by Hickman, it's impossible for it to be boring.
    A matter of taste, I guess. I found his FF run to be mostly slow and unentertaining with good bits here and there, but the NA cast (except for Namor and Strange) is a terrible sausage-fest that's almost impossible to salvage.
    As for the topic of the thread, I hope they stay apart for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    To what do you refer?
    Excerpt from the edited post:

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    2. Please. The last time Namor had not-quite-aware intercourse with a woman, he practically ran for the hills. Amusingly enough, Cyclops decided to be a trooper about it and didn't have his brain bleached.
    Age of X, obviously. Diplomatic relationships, my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I think it's more like having sex in a hurricane.
    Not cool. This hurricane nonsense totally comes of as both delusional fanfic and a laughable, if not heinous, coping mechanism.

Sure, they weren't quite in their right mind. Still. They had psychic sex during a mass slaughter and most likely enjoyed it. That is seriously f****d up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Regardless, caring for Emma and not wanting her to rot in jail isn't dependent on sexual attraction.
    Namor's true love is himself. He's currently busy nursing his wounded ego. Emma is quite literally an afterthought right now. Amusingly enough, the last daring escape staged by Namor was the Wakandan slaughter. Makes sense he'd stay clear from such ventures for a short while.

For what it's worth, Emma's true love is herself and she's also busy nursing her wounded ego. Odds are Namor isn't quite her number one priority.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-21-2012 at 08:14 AM.

This is an interesting question to ponder because I think it is possible that Cyclops and Emma could get back together. But given how little we know about the circumstances of Emma joining the team and what the effect O5 Jean will have on Cyclops will be, I think it's too hard to speculate. Now I think there's also a possibility that they never get back together. But overall, I think it depends on how it plays out. The Cyclops/Emma relationship was built almost entirely on the Cyclops/Jean relationship. If they do get back together, I would like for it to be without any push from Jean Grey. That may not be possible at this point, but if Cyclops/Emma ever get back together they need to get around some of the inherent flaws that their relationship had before.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

A year, if at all.

Marvel was overwhelmingly supportive of Scott and Emma the whole time they were together. 9/10 of the Jean-bashing came from that (like the two are even remotely connected).

I don't know if the whole company would jump ship like this just because of what Bendis wrote.

I agree, though, that if they get together again the relationship needs to be less about Jean trolling and more about what Scott and Emma see in each other. I haven't seen any of that since Whedon, and ironically he was the one comparing Emma to Jean most strongly.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

I am surprised about how many people acutally think that they'll never be together again.

Or is it just desperate wishing? ;=)

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    LOL, that cast is grade-a horsemanure. I can't in good conscience buy anything so laden with those crashing bores. Beast and Reed are boring enough, but T'Challa too? Then the usual two-step from Marvel's favorites, Cap n Tony, and i'm all about the stupor at that point.

They will be that couple who breaks up and gets back together over and over again.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPatriot View Post
    I am surprised about how many people acutally think that they'll never be together again.

Or is it just desperate wishing? ;=)

I disagree as I've said before Emma/Scott does have potential the problem is most of their relationship is contingent on outside forces mostly associated with Scott's past or future. They had a good run but at this point I don't think them being together adds anything to their relationship than it has over the last year or so. They needed this breakup and its long overdue. With the inclusion of Jean Grey in any form it makes them staying apart more glaring not because anyone is especially excited at the prospect of a Jean/Scott reunion but she has been one of the key factors in Scott/Emma and truth be told that was never going to change as long as they were together, at least this way neither character is boggled down with a relationship that hasn't really functioned since Whedon.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Wolverine will never get over jean it's so sad once you think about it Smh
    He did that fine when she died the first time. He moved on to Mariko rather quickly and Kurt and Ro had actual thoughts (outside of Scott) on Jean after she died. I remember when she came back though, he could always smell her but she was supposed to be dead, it caused him to punch Ororo in the face and run off leaving her to fend for herself, lol.