View Poll Results: How much time will pass until Emma and Cyke will find to each other again?

Voters
57. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Less than a year

10 17.54%
  • 1 year

7 12.28%
  • 2 years

6 10.53%
  • 3 years

1 1.75%
  • 4 years

0 0%
  • 5 years or more

0 0%
  • I really think that their romance is over forEVER

33 57.89%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Not very long at all. They'll be back together by this time next year when Uncanny Vol. 4 begins.

This year's volume of Uncanny will be all about how Scott realizes how much he needs Emma and especially how much Emma needs Scott.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    This year's volume of Uncanny will be all about how Scott realizes how much he needs Emma and especially how much Emma needs Scott.
    That's making _me_ vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    He might laugh so hard his stomach hurts.

I'm really hoping they get back together eventually. He ain't hooking up with Jean anytime soon (hopefully, anytime ever) so he'll probably pine after Emma for a while and then they get back together.
    Hmmmm. Stomach hurt from laughing or from losing the interior of his stomach lining from both ends? I think my way is more painful.

Isn't there a poll / betting pool for whether or not Bendis will put Cyke and Jailbait Jean together again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You're preaching to the choir, my friend.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde

I *told* you Namor wasn't a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I *told* you Namor wasn't a serious contender.
    Namor's always a serious contender. Otherwise neither Reed or Scott wouldn't lose their minds when he's around.
    Last edited by Rheged; 11-21-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Namor's always a serious contender. Otherwise neither Reed or Scott wouldn't loose their minds when he's around.
    No, no, no. I meant him totally not backing up his tender words. Namor *is* that guy and we love him for it.

Shouldn't he be out beating up government lackeys to find Emma's location and ride a tsunami to save her? You'd expect this at the very least, right? Oh, wait, he's too busy brooding over how the Phoenix made him feel small.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.

No, no, no. I meant him totally not backing up his tender words. Namor *is* that guy and we love him for it.

Shouldn't he be out beating up government lackeys to find Emma's location and ride a tsunami to save her? You'd expect this at the very least, right? Oh, wait, he's too busy brooding over how the Phoenix made him feel small.
    Don't be ridiculous. The X-office doesn't give a crap about portraying either Emma or Namor as anything but props to make Cyke look good. IF they did, Magneto would be visiting New New Atlantis to recruit the already rescued Emma.

I applaud Gillen for even giving us that odd scene with Namor and Hope and the 2 pages of Emma in jail, but you only have to look at the 4.5 issues of the 5 issue mini dedicated to Cyke, to see that it's still, ALL about Cyke, and the rest of the characters be damned.

Don't be ridiculous. The X-office doesn't give a crap about portraying either Emma or Namor as anything but props to make Cyke look good. If they did, Magneto would be visiting New New Atlantis to recruit the already rescued Emma.
    1. Fanfic, fanfic, fanfic. Arguably delusional.

2. Please. The last time Namor had not-quite-aware intercourse with a woman, he practically ran for the hills. Amusingly enough, Cyclops decided to be a trooper about it and didn't have his brain bleached.

3. Emma and Namor had sex over a mass grave in-the-becoming. If either possesses anything even vaguely resembling a heroic streak (they do), this should be an epic turn-off. On an even more amusing note, this will always remind Emma that Scott didn't love her enough to have sex with her on a mass grave in-the-becoming.

I applaud Gillen for even giving us that odd scene with Namor and Hope and the 2 pages of Emma in jail, but you only have to look at the 4.5 issues of the 5 issue mini dedicated to Cyke, to see that it's still, ALL about Cyke, and the rest of the characters be damned.
    You're ranting to the wrong guy. Clearly.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-20-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Not very long I'd say.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

In the fanfic I'm imagining but am too lazy to write, Namor and Emma escape from prison together, funny and sexy banter in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    In the fanfic I'm imagining but am too lazy to write, Namor and Emma escape from prison together, funny and sexy banter in tow.
    Namor has his tricked out Atlantean flagship waiting, and takes Emma to the Latverian embassy in Paris, where they lounge around and do French things... until duty calls.

I imagined the same fan fic!

Please. The last time Namor had not-quite-aware intercourse with a woman, he practically ran for the hills.
    To what do you refer?

On a more serious note, Emma will from now on always be the woman with whom he had psychic sex on top of a mass grave. If Namor possesses anything even vaguely resembling a heroic streak (he does), this should be an epic turn-toff.
    See there? That's exactly the sort of thing I'd thought we'd see explored in AvX Consequences. I foolishly thought, that Emma, Namor, Cyke, Storm, Magneto, & maybe Hope / some of the kids would get more or less a book to show their personal fallout. Especially Namor, if the X-office was dumping him -- instead, it appears we get the fictional equivalent of learning you're off the team, by a status change on FaceBook.

I think it's more like having sex in a hurricane. And old school Namor, sure, but modern Atlanteans have been portrayed as a much more alien and ruthless culture that Namor struggles with. Regardless, caring for Emma and not wanting her to rot in jail isn't dependent on sexual attraction.

You're ranting to the wrong guy. Clearly.
    Oh, I know. But you're fun to rant to.

Namor doesn't want a weak Emma anyway. Which is why she doesn't want him.

Namor has his tricked out Atlantean flagship waiting, and takes Emma to the Latverian embassy in Paris, where they lounge around and do French things... until duty calls.

I imagined the same fan fic!
    So, on a scale of "neat" to "omfg yes," ...Emma joins the New Avengers...what is your reaction?