View Poll Results: How much time will pass until Emma and Cyke will find to each other again?

Voters
57. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Less than a year

10 17.54%
  • 1 year

7 12.28%
  • 2 years

6 10.53%
  • 3 years

1 1.75%
  • 4 years

0 0%
  • 5 years or more

0 0%
  • I really think that their romance is over forEVER

33 57.89%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    He did that fine when she died the first time. He moved on to Mariko rather quickly and Kurt and Ro had actual thoughts (outside of Scott) on Jean after she died. I remember when she came back though, he could always smell her but she was supposed to be dead, it caused him to punch Ororo in the face and run off leaving her to fend for herself, lol.
    Well, that's because when she first died, Wolverine had developed a quiet, unspoken crush over time that he knew would never be requited, so he didn't bother.

When she came back, Claremont retconned it all as Logan being turned on and beginning to hound her like a horny dog from the first night, and she actually being so aroused that she had to leave the X-men to resist (I'm deadly serious)- all this during the Madelyne and coccoon debacle, when Cyclops became a personification and/or a surrogate of Jim Shooter in CC's mind, apparently.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    When she came back, Claremont retconned it all as Logan being turned on and beginning to hound her like a horny dog from the first night, and she actually being so aroused that she had to leave the X-men to resist (I'm deadly serious)- all this during the Madelyne and coccoon debacle, when Cyclops became a personification and/or a surrogate of Jim Shooter in CC's mind, apparently.
    Is Bendis involved in some feud with any known editor/writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, that's because when she first died, Wolverine had developed a quiet, unspoken crush over time that he knew would never be requited, so he didn't bother.

Yes, I remember, it was in a back-up story. I think its very clear it was always a retcon yet Marvel expects us to accept this deep love between the two when it was nothing more than unrequited attraction. Like you said, a crush. I think bringing back Jean really upset CC to the point of that retcon for what it did to all the characters involved, especially Maddy. Ah, well. What gets me is Marvel still expects us to buy into it. When it has been resolved in the past. To me, I think its a safe way to push Logan as a deeper human being by having this deep love for a character he cant have because she is either dead or taken without being tied down. Its just another attempt to show the "soft side" of a man who has been written doing extremely horrible things, especially lately. The Jean Grey school and the rehashing of his Jean Love(*cough*Really obsession*cough*) was needed to do this. It doesn't ring true to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    They will be that couple who breaks up and gets back together over and over again.
    Please no Remy/Rogue sequel thank you very much.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 11-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.

So if Scott's no longer banging Emma or running the school, doesn't that mean that now Sublime will conquer the universe with a magic egg or whatever the hell happened in "Here Comes Tomorrow?"

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So if Scott's no longer banging Emma or running the school, doesn't that mean that now Sublime will conquer the universe with a magic egg or whatever the hell happened in "Here Comes Tomorrow?"
    Nah, because Beast isn't in charge, and Sublime was erased from the timeline (although that apparently didn't stop him from coming back).

Of course, considering what happened in M-Day, one can say that future was already averted, because the mutant race with Beast in charge during Messiah Complex, Second Coming, etc, would truly be screwed.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Yes, I remember, it was in a back-up story. I think its very clear it was always a retcon yet Marvel expects us to accept this deep love between the two when it was nothing more than unrequited attraction. Like you said, a crush. I think bringing back Jean really upset CC to the point of that retcon for what it did to all the characters involved, especially Maddy. Ah, well. What gets me is Marvel still expects us to buy into it. When it has been resolved in the past. To me, I think its a safe way to push Logan as a deeper human being by having this deep love for a character he cant have because she is either dead or taken without being tied down. Its just another attempt to show the "soft side" of a man who has been written doing extremely horrible things, especially lately. The Jean Grey school and the rehashing of his Jean Love(*cough*Really obsession*cough*) was needed to do this. It doesn't ring true to me at all.

Please no Remy/Rogue sequel thank you very much.
    He did that fine when she died the first time. He moved on to Mariko rather quickly and Kurt and Ro had actual thoughts (outside of Scott) on Jean after she died. I remember when she came back though, he could always smell her but she was supposed to be dead, it caused him to punch Ororo in the face and run off leaving her to fend for herself, lol.
    Both well said points.