Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    663

    Default

    I was always open to the idea of him working for shield because its something new. It's about time Banner decided to accept that he is the Hulk.

  2. #32
    Senior Member NinjaMic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You say this like it's a bad thing.
    Seriously.

    I love Aaron but that was just a bad run

  3. #33

    Default

    Thought this was REALLY good. Really liked the little ticks in the diner sequence with Maria Hill freaking out over every little thing happening around Banner. I've liked Maria Hill since Fraction's "Most Wanted" arc in Iron Man (especially when she's getting trolled like this lol), so if this is gonna be a mainstay for the series I'm all over that.

    I really like what Waid's already doing here with Banner. I'll be the first to admit that I've never really understood what Bruce Banner's creative statement as a character is supposed to be beyond "wo is me, I'm the Hulk." I like that he's taking the parts that I recognize and pointing them in a coherent direction.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

  4. #34
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Loved the issue.Yu is one of my favorite artist!
    Now I think Banner's plan is genius.Spent his time building and finding solutions to the world and when he hulks out just throw him at anything that needs to be crushed:supervillains,giant monsters,forclosed houses,you name it.All he needs is money and a lab.
    BTW this is just immature of me but at the last page it really looks like Bruce is holding Maria's breast.

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    BTW this is just immature of me but at the last page it really looks like Bruce is holding Maria's breast.
    LOL maybe he is...

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Loved the issue.Yu is one of my favorite artist!
    Now I think Banner's plan is genius.Spent his time building and finding solutions to the world and when he hulks out just throw him at anything that needs to be crushed:supervillains,giant monsters,forclosed houses,you name it.All he needs is money and a lab.
    BTW this is just immature of me but at the last page it really looks like Bruce is holding Maria's breast.
    Haha you're totally right! Banner's trying to be sly and cop a feel. Now we know why he REALLY wants to work for Shield...

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Haha you're totally right! Banner's trying to be sly and cop a feel. Now we know why he REALLY wants to work for Shield...
    I don't blame him...Maria is hott

  8. #38
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    The thing that gets me is just who exactly is the person who will release the SHIELD info if not constantly updated?
    Doom,perhaps?Gambit?

  9. #39
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Thought this was REALLY good. Really liked the little ticks in the diner sequence with Maria Hill freaking out over every little thing happening around Banner. I've liked Maria Hill since Fraction's "Most Wanted" arc in Iron Man (especially when she's getting trolled like this lol), so if this is gonna be a mainstay for the series I'm all over that.

    I really like what Waid's already doing here with Banner. I'll be the first to admit that I've never really understood what Bruce Banner's creative statement as a character is supposed to be beyond "wo is me, I'm the Hulk." I like that he's taking the parts that I recognize and pointing them in a coherent direction.
    Maria Hill being twitchy around the Hulk was a nod to Black Widow doing it in the Avengers Movie. I think it's reasonable for normal humans to think the Hulk is going to destroy them in an instant if he comes out.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Venom Melendez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dorado, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maria Hill being twitchy around the Hulk was a nod to Black Widow doing it in the Avengers Movie. I think it's reasonable for normal humans to think the Hulk is going to destroy them in an instant if he comes out.
    Waid also said that he'll be trolling with the SHIELD agents in the same way, since everyone is twitchy around him.

  11. #41
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Loved the issue.Yu is one of my favorite artist!
    Now I think Banner's plan is genius.Spent his time building and finding solutions to the world and when he hulks out just throw him at anything that needs to be crushed:supervillains,giant monsters,forclosed houses,you name it.All he needs is money and a lab.
    BTW this is just immature of me but at the last page it really looks like Bruce is holding Maria's breast.
    I would really like a book that doesn't focus on the geek lab guy (Banner) lurking around the SHIELD team, but then suddenly the Hulk appears when it all goes to hell. Like, the Hulk is carried around in the puny human Tech guy, and then just appears when the you know what hits the fan. I've always wanted to make a movie with anonymous people who appear, but are never given life or a back story, or any heavy screen time, just do a black ops mission and get out of there. No starring roles. Put Banner in a Black Ops mission, nobody knows who he is except Maria Hill, and then when he's needed, the Hulk is right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Waid also said that he'll be trolling with the SHIELD agents in the same way, since everyone is twitchy around him.
    That would be great, as a drama tool.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-21-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  12. #42
    The Great Worm Shai Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Loved the issue.Waid's Banner is not far off how Greg Pak used to write him.Cant wait for # 2!

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    This was a great kick-off. I really dug it. Waid's take on Banner is perfect and it gets this title going in the right direction. Enough with Banner trying to rid himself of the Hulk. It's been done a hundred different ways. Making Banner accepting of the Hulk, looking for ways to leave a legacy other than "Hulk Smash" makes this instantly compelling. And having Banner working with Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D. will give him plenty of foils to bounce off of.

  14. #44
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,888

    Default

    I really enjoyed the focus on Banner, it's nice to see the scientist in him taking center stage.

  15. #45
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    JEEEEAAAN
    Posts
    5,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I don't know if it's as good as you'd like; as I said, it's very basic. It's a very basic intro. ONe could even say by the numbers. Waid is NOT breaking any new ground.

    But he's doing what he's doing well, if that makes sense.

    It's not wildly creative, but Waid is never wildly creative. I know everyone loves his Daredevil; I'm less enamored with it, but what people have to consider there is that he's going to a very 'back to basics' approach, doing some nice things with powers and some very basic character work, but a lot of that is really driven by storytelling, and that is heavily supported by the artwork.

    So if anyone is expecting innovation out of this run, frankly, I think you're going to be disappointed. But it's well written, well paced, it's interesting enough, it's got some fun action. Yu is great, as always.

    I hope you enjoy it!
    Same approach, yeah. But I think the difference is that the first time, with DD, was more of a surprise and Waid seems to mesh better with artists like Rivera or Samnee.

    This was the type of issue that basically put to paper the things said in interviews. Because of that I have to say the new Sif comic was more interesting. Though I like portrayals of Banner as a charismatic, competent type like in the recent Marvel films, so this seems as good a comic as any for the character.

    I did laugh when that Thinker goon came to the shocking conclusion that "the Hulk is strong...!!"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •