Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think a lot of the impact of this issue was lost thanks to the fact that most of it had been spoiled by the time I read it. I'm glad that Waid actually knows that just because Tony and Bruce are BFFs in the Cinematic Universe, doesn't mean they are in the 616. It actually makes me like Banner more than I usually do, realizing that there is more he can do than just act as Hulk's jailer. (There still is some resentment there though, not admitting Hulk's done far more good than bad.) I do think that we will start getting into the Hulk's head a little more somewhere down the line, Waid just wants the focus on Banner right now.

This issue leaves me wanting to know and read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Waid representing Alabama.
    This was awesome to me as well. I would love to see a Gulf Coast Avengers! Will never happen, but a man can dream cant he?

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    "Solid First Issue" is a good way of putting it.

It introduces the concept, it gives you some fun action, it's got a lot of tension, in a good way. It's smart, and beautiful.

I think the impact was dulled a bit after having read so many interviews about what the high concept was. Most of this issue was ABOUT laying out the high concept, so it felt a little rote, not through any fault of Waid's.

But yeah, fun, solid, did everything a first issue SHOULD do, now I'm ready for something more.

Very promising start.
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    This doesn't feel as good as Waid's Daredevil... It felt quite disjointed from where Jason Aaron left the Hulk which is weird since I've always taken Mark Waid to be very continuity conscious.

I'm hoping it finds a better voice next issue.
    I agree. My first reaction upon finishing the issue was "is Waid completely ignoring Aarons run?"

The run was trash, it needs to be ignored.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

BANNED

did not like it either majinoaw. puny hulks get lost!

This was literally my first ever Hulk comic, and I really enjoyed it. I love Banner in this, so proactive instead of reactive, man means business!

This was really good. I haven't read many spoilers, so I guess it was extra good. I really like Yu's art.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

BANNED

i liked it a lot! banner thinking tony and reed are trolls is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think a lot of the impact of this issue was lost thanks to the fact that most of it had been spoiled by the time I read it. I'm glad that Waid actually knows that just because Tony and Bruce are BFFs in the Cinematic Universe, doesn't mean they are in the 616. It actually makes me like Banner more than I usually do, realizing that there is more he can do than just act as Hulk's jailer. (There still is some resentment there though, not admitting Hulk's done far more good than bad.) I do think that we will start getting into the Hulk's head a little more somewhere down the line, Waid just wants the focus on Banner right now.

This issue leaves me wanting to know and read more.
    Any chance that Banner is justified in seeing the Hulks life as a disaster? Most people who get super powers have a reasonable life, with powers, but Banner goes into rages and destroys the Army, Las Vegus, Manhattan, forms Red Hulk, and makes his girlfriend a killer Hulk too. Why couldn't the Hulk be a reasonable person, who doesn't ache all over when he Hulks out, and that's why he is so hyped up by the pain?

I'd like to see some reconciliation between what Banner sees as a super hero he could be, and, what the Hulk really is, or how he can fix him?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

this was a good first issue. pretty much just setting up the new status quo. and if Waid is going to ignore most of the Aaron run...then thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Any chance that Banner is justified in seeing the Hulks life as a disaster? Most people who get super powers have a reasonable life, with powers, but Banner goes into rages and destroys the Army, Las Vegus, Manhattan, forms Red Hulk, and makes his girlfriend a killer Hulk too. Why couldn't the Hulk be a reasonable person, who doesn't ache all over when he Hulks out, and that's why he is so hyped up by the pain?

I'd like to see some reconciliation between what Banner sees as a super hero he could be, and, what the Hulk really is, or how he can fix him?
    Banner has given up on "Fixing" the Hulk.

double post*

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Great issue. A more proactive, less whiny Banner was very interesting, and Waid sold me on the working for SHIELD idea, one that I wasn't too thrilled about.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
    I agree. My first reaction upon finishing the issue was "is Waid completely ignoring Aarons run?"
    You say this like it's a bad thing.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Waid sold me on the working for SHIELD idea, one that I wasn't too thrilled about.
    same here. was a bit weary about that point but like you said, Waid sold it.