Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I'm not a fan of the idea that Hulk has the intelligence of a pea again. Nor do I like the fact that no one has mentioned Pak's run where Hulk and Banner were working together in perfect, peaceful co-ordination.
    That's what gets me. He's having this epiphany about doing exactly what he was doing before he was so rudely interrupted by that Fear Itself crap and the unnecessary stuff that came after.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I can understand the complaints about the lack of acknowledgement of the past runs, but I really enjoyed this. I've never been a longtime reader of the Hulk but this was a perfect jumping on point. It even seems like it'd be perfect for someone who hasn't read a Hulk book and only knows him from the movies and TV show.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    BTW this is just immature of me but at the last page it really looks like Bruce is holding Maria's breast.
    In which case, the line "You won't *cough* regret it." has added meaning.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    That's what gets me. He's having this epiphany about doing exactly what he was doing before he was so rudely interrupted by that Fear Itself crap and the unnecessary stuff that came after.
    Aaron's run was more responsible for this than anything. It was he that just out of the blue had Hulk separate himself from Banner as if the two weren't working together for years by that point. Sure he tied the two together at the end of the day but imo, that was a step back.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I don't see what referencing earlier runs gets you.

Most of the time Banner is actively trying to get rid of the Hulk.

Going into "well SOMETIMES they get along and SOMETIMES Banner is
    controlling the Hulk sorta" is an unecessary complication to a fairly straightfoward story.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    In which case, the line "You won't *cough* regret it." has added meaning.
    He definitely cupped on the cough

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    I was always open to the idea of him working for shield because its something new. It's about time Banner decided to accept that he is the Hulk.
    That's one of the things I liked in this issue also where Banner calls Hulk a chronic condition he's accepted to live with. I'll bet though halfway through the issues Mark Waid will reveal that Banner has been working on some secret project to free himself of the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That's one of the things I liked in this issue also where Banner calls Hulk a chronic condition he's accepted to live with. I'll bet though halfway through the issues Mark Waid will reveal that Banner has been working on some secret project to free himself of the Hulk.
    I'm betting his dying, which is why he's looking at what his legacy is going to be, why he's got vital statistics monitoring, and why we got that little 'koff' in the middle of his feel-copping ( I know it's osentsibly just the situation, but I think in time it's going to be one of those 'a ha!' reveals )
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I bought this on a whim when I went to the local comic store. I've never bought a floppy before and intended to just pick up Captain America, but I was drawn in by the cover art. I'm a bit of a novice so I'm not sure what's considered good art and what's not, but to me it looked awesome.

Having never read any Hulk before I found the issue quite enjoyable and relatively continuity free, you know what you need to know. Although I wondered if Banner came across a bit aggressive and pushy to Maria Hill? Loved the whole wanting to leave his own legacy thing and his resentment towards Stark, will definitely be picking up Issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I'm not a fan of the idea that Hulk has the intelligence of a pea again. Nor do I like the fact that no one has mentioned Pak's run where Hulk and Banner were working together in perfect, peaceful co-ordination.

Still, the story seems good, the writing is great, and the art is absolutely fantastic.
    They worked together, but it wasn't exactly peaceful. I do hope Waid mentions Bruce's Bannertech from Pak's run.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Unlikely, since Banner has given up on finding a cure since it always ends badly or it makes things worse. Banner is not dumb enough to try it again, he has accepted that the Hulk will always be a part of him.

I picked this title up solely because of Mark Waid's name on it. I'd also never read the Hulk before, so I didn't know what to expect. I really enjoyed this issue and it appears that this series will be action packed and a lot of fun.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

Just got done reading this issue and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The diner sequence was the best, IMO. The villain was a placeholder, at best, but Yu's action sequences were very nicely done. I do like how Waid has set up Banner for the future, though, and for a number 1, that's all that's really necessary: leave me wanting more, which I do. Also, the fact that Banner views Hulk as a chronic disease and something that he needs to "deal with" instead of try to control was a very salient point for me: often times in life we let our limitations consume and control us. Here, however, Bruce realizes that Hulk isn't going anywhere and he needs to make the best of it. Very well thought out concept, IMO.

Straight Edge

Not much of a Hulk fan, but I read this at Barns & Noble yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I'm curious see where it goes. I don't think I'll be able to fit on my pull list, so maybe i'll get the tpb down the road.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

I picked up this title and I like the story and the art, the art was WOW! Indestructible Hulk is on my pull list and I know it has been only one issue but I see no reason for this book to be dropped any time soon.

John