Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think a lot of the impact of this issue was lost thanks to the fact that most of it had been spoiled by the time I read it. I'm glad that Waid actually knows that just because Tony and Bruce are BFFs in the Cinematic Universe, doesn't mean they are in the 616. It actually makes me like Banner more than I usually do, realizing that there is more he can do than just act as Hulk's jailer. (There still is some resentment there though, not admitting Hulk's done far more good than bad.) I do think that we will start getting into the Hulk's head a little more somewhere down the line, Waid just wants the focus on Banner right now.

This issue leaves me wanting to know and read more.
    I hope your right about Waid getting into the Hulk's head later on. For now he took the cannon part literal, and used the Hulk as such. Though for arguments sake for most of the Aaron run was done in the Hulk's head, so maybe it was time to get Banner's perspective on things (which I enjoyed). I guess next time avoid interviews or previews, the issue was definitely solid and left you wanting to know what's up next. After the Pak run, Banner/Hulk dynamic attracts more readers when he they are more heroic and less pathos.

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    The thing that gets me is just who exactly is the person who will release the SHIELD info if not constantly updated?
    Doom,perhaps?Gambit?
    Could be Amadeus Cho, Rick, Steve Rogers, Silver Surfer, or even Dr. Strange. The list is a very small one for sure.
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

For a setup issue, this was extremely good. I'm on board for the long haul.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

I enjoyed this. I appreciate that Marvel's created a fresh starts for readers like myself, who haven't really been following their output lately, while not having to reset continuity the way DC did. Seems like it will make things smoother going forward.

My favorite thing here was, as many have already said, that Banner actually has some kind of a direction. That in itself should lead to some new situations for the character. Looking at the character now, it almost seems silly no one's thought to have Banner as the driving force behind the story before.

How was this? I skimmed it pretty fast in the store (Like read some monologues, looked at a few pages, and it seemed like the art was too flashy. Also, is it true that Banner is in a tiny floating robot and that Banner and Hulk split? Cause that sounds incredibly stupid. I like my scientists in bodies that you very much.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    How was this? I skimmed it pretty fast in the store (Like read some monologues, looked at a few pages, and it seemed like the art was too flashy. Also, is it true that Banner is in a tiny floating robot and that Banner and Hulk split? Cause that sounds incredibly stupid. I like my scientists in bodies that you very much.
    Quite the drugs you have there, sir.

This comic felt like an extension of the Incredible Hulk and Avengers movies. I think new Hulk readers will like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Quite the drugs you have there, sir.
    I believe he was referencing the cover, and some early rumors.

Read this, and while it's a competent story, I'm not really happy with it for three reasons:

1. It basically ignores most of the Hulk's recent history, going back to the Pak era, if not before. This is hardly the first time Bruce has focused on his science (does the word "Bannertech" ring any bells?). Waid is usually better than this.

2. There's no indication the Hulk has any intellect at all. Childlike, sullen, whatever. I don't even think he gets any dialogue.

3. Banner doesn't "feel" like Banner. Or look like him, for that matter. His character design is so generic, the only way I knew it was him is the dialogue saying so.

It's not a BAD issue. Just not a great one.
    Mario Di Giacomo

I really enjoyed Jason Aarons run on the incredible hulk. Yeah it was a bit weird and it suffered from some bad art ( yeah whilce it's you I'm talkin about) but at the same time it was fresh and imaginative and always had me excited for the next issue.

The last issue (#15 i think) was really great and the way hulk and banner finally choose to put their differences aside and work together ( because in the end all they have is one another) was done beautifully ( and jefte palo did an amazing job). The final page also showed us the advantages of their new found bond when banner can wish himself into becoming hulk instantly. There was this great feeling of their partnership - changing from brains to brawn (and vice versa) almost instantly and whenever they felt like it.

The last page also said HULK UNITED and that's a comic book I'd love to read! I feel like Mark Waid ( who is awesome by the way) undid all of that a made hulk just a beserker animal again to be pointed at a fight, while banner is becoming another stereotypical scientist who could cure the world of all of its problem in a month ( like reed, like tony, like hank-both of them, like peter .....blabla their smart's is over the top i'ts becomin ridiculous), isn't he a nuclear physicist? The hell is he doing makin filters for water?!

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Not too big of a stretch that he can tackle contamination, given comic science logic.

I would agree with the feel that Bruce/Hulk was a bit generic... if we didn't see him lose his temper when they discussed Stark. There's more than meets the eye, but right now dude is indestructible. Hulk is something he lives with, not the other way around. Sorry to the...Aaron run fans...

I dug the super speed thing.

The art was absolutely horrid. But its cool. There's no way leinil yu's slow ass is lasting more than 3-4 issues. HAH!

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMio View Post
    The art was absolutely horrid. But its cool. There's no way leinil yu's slow ass is lasting more than 3-4 issues. HAH!
    You must have Yu confused with someone else. He's one of Marvel's fastest big guns, and he's had a healthy headstart on this book.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Exactly. Mio, you really should look into his last collab with Waid, Birthright.

Loved this issue can't wait for #2

This was pretty cool, I'm down for issue 2. The Thinker was just funny and I liked everything in Banners pitch to Hill in the cafe. Leinel just rocks it and Waid always knows what he's doing.

It;s strange - add this to Aarons Thor and Remenders Cap and I'm actually, surprisingly, becoming a little excited about Marvel NOW. Which I didn't expect too happen. Heh, cool. These three books are just giving off a great vibe and it makes me more interested to check out whats next from Marvel over the next couple months.

BANNED

Mark Waid is a genius. Can't wait for issue #2 and #3 with the Quintronic Man. I'm on board until Waid leaves.