Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

It doesn't really matter to me if they had actually did this plot or the other..."Epic" books like this fall under the Loeb school of writing....just put a lot of cool things in and just hope it works out...doesnt matter if it makes sense. I bought the issues so I am just as bad...just hope age of Ultron makes some sort of sense.

BANNED

Cap falling last made no fucking c.d

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    It doesn't really matter to me if they had actually did this plot or the other..."Epic" books like this fall under the Loeb school of writing....just put a lot of cool things in and just hope it works out...doesnt matter if it makes sense. I bought the issues so I am just as bad...just hope age of Ultron makes some sort of sense.
    This! So much!
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Not to mention Cap falls last.
    Problem is it totally is believible that cap falls last.

Cap: "All right men here's my plan, Luke Cage you get yourself killed first, no offense, Wolverine you zerg rush, Ironman you nuke from above, Thor you tank, Hulk you smash. Second tier Avengers with decent powers, be ineffectual, Black widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and everyone else with crappy powers form a phalanx between me and Cyclops. No way am I getting near that shit. Seriously, he gets near my I'm fucked since all I have is this stupid indestructible shield that always gets destroyed by the big bad guy in these yearly events. Anyone with a problem can go fuck themselves because the President put me in charge of you bitches."
    Last edited by Relique; 11-21-2012 at 12:44 PM.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    The original Phoenix event that was planned, being handled by X-office, surely had potential for being great, touching story that would have been both a tribute, and some closure to the mutants saga.

This post actually makes me angry the X-books were gearing up for an extraordinary X-event involving the PF and the X-men and it was just erased without any solid reason but to add in the Avengers. I debated an Avengers fan about it awhile back and him/her couldn't understand why I had such a problem with AvX let alone involving the PF when it served no purpose but to vilify the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Relique View Post
    Problem is it totally is believible that cap falls last.

Cap: "All right men here's my plan, Luke Cage you get yourself killed first, no offense, Wolverine you zerg rush, Ironman you nuke from above, Thor you tank, Hulk you smash. Second tier Avengers with decent powers, be ineffectual, Black widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and everyone else with crappy powers form a phalanx between me and Cyclops. No way am I getting near that shit. Seriously, he gets near my I'm fucked since all I have is this stupid indestructible shield that always gets destroyed by the big bad guy in these yearly events. Anyone with a problem can go fuck themselves because the President put me in charge of you bitches."
    A+++ with a smiling sun sticker
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    This post actually makes me angry the X-books were gearing up for an extraordinary X-event involving the PF and the X-men and it was just erased without any solid reason
    Sad thing, we'll never know what could have been.
    When you look closer, most of the events in marvel are Avengers-centric.
    Sorry if my post made you angry
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

No you guys are forgetting cap has a shield. Also no one is smart enough to shoot above, below, or to the side of it. Its not like Cyclops could just ricochet an optic blast off something else making the shield almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Cap falls last is the very embodiment of the shitty editorial decisions related to that jingoistic supercop in the past years.
    Rings true for Marvel. Editorial Petclops was the weakest P5er and he was last to fall too.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Rings true for Marvel. Editorial Petclops was the weakest P5er and he was last to fall too.
    Editorial Petclops? Where have you been the past year? They did everything in their power to dis the guy, and they only pulled back on that once they realized how much fan support he had. They had his own brother calling him a something egotist(not going to bother checking it)

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    While Cyclops did fall last, it was simply because he didn't engage in a fight with Wanda or another phoenix until the end.
    The Cap thing sounds like everyone kept getting shot and Cap was the last one to fall because of reasons.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

BANNED

Ignore him you fools.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    While Cyclops did fall last, it was simply because he didn't engage in a fight with Wanda or another phoenix until the end.
    The Cap thing sounds like everyone kept getting shot and Cap was the last one to fall because of reasons.
    Don't take him seriously. Read any past posts he made about Cyclops and you'll see why
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 11-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Eh, they've been doing everything to make him the bad@$$ anti hero. They haven't been trying to make him look 'bad'. Even what alex said, he's going to be the public 'hero' captain america type hero and cyclops is going to be anti authority 'wolverine' type. They didn't see fan reaction after AvX and suddenly say gee we should rewrite AvX consequences to make it all about him and give him justification to break out of prison.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    Don't take him seriously. Read any past posts he made about Cyclops and you'll see why
    Hell he still believes Rachel is Wolverine's daughter