Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 166
  1. #46
    Sentinels were right chakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the woods
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He didn't just have the balls to post it, he actually seemed excited and proud of it.
    Oh my.. marvel will never cease to amaze me
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

    Bellechere for the win!!!

    European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

  2. #47
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,872

    Default

    Thank God that didn't happen. Not only would that have solidified them just using the PF as a glorified powerup, but they'd then be doing the same thing to Wanda (which doesn't even make sense)
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

  3. #48
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    What's that say? Tony/Cap have a PCAN? What's a pcan?

  4. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Being spared from a few Magneto moments is always a plus ;)

  5. #50

    Default

    Cap falls last? Seems appropriate, symbolic really.

    I know, I know, I'm just a stupid Cap fanboy who doesn't know anything because my favorite hero is a tool or something contrived like that... But come on now, if the scenario were reversed and it said Cyclops falls last you'd all have no problem with it. They're the driving forces of their teams, the constant leaders throughout history of them, it means more if either were the last to fall since it shows that the team's spirit has been soundly beaten down.

    I don't see how its juvenile to have a thematically important moment written down like that, and mind you this is from a literary perspective. no matter what you think of him in-narrative (which is a lot of negative I'm sure) Cap's a symbol of freedom and leadership, for him to fall last is a very good use of symbolism.

    I can definitely see why they rolled with the multiple phoenix idea and gave Scott a greater arc before going dark phoenix though. This ending feels lack luster, the published version was way better (I just wished more diplomacy was attempted in the narrative)
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

  6. #51
    Your Move DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canuck Land
    Posts
    15,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    But come on now, if the scenario were reversed and it said Cyclops falls last you'd all have no problem with it.
    Cyclops *did* fall last. And was reborn stronger than ever. Because of Cap.

    Hilarious doesn't even begin to cover this.

  7. #52
    Veteran Member Regino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    AvX is unreadable.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

  8. #53
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    AvX is unreadable.
    Read Firebirds instead. It's much more fulfilling and cohesive than AvX was.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

    Essential reading

  9. #54
    Veteran Member stussyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Firebirds has both sides looking like heroes

  10. #55
    No Day but Today Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Read Firebirds instead. It's much more fulfilling and cohesive than AvX was.
    Firebirds is greaaat, I actually liked Cap there.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

  11. #56
    Too Fast J/O/J/O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    All of space and time
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Cap falls last? Seems appropriate, symbolic really.

    I know, I know, I'm just a stupid Cap fanboy who doesn't know anything because my favorite hero is a tool or something contrived like that... But come on now, if the scenario were reversed and it said Cyclops falls last you'd all have no problem with it. They're the driving forces of their teams, the constant leaders throughout history of them, it means more if either were the last to fall since it shows that the team's spirit has been soundly beaten down.

    I don't see how its juvenile to have a thematically important moment written down like that, and mind you this is from a literary perspective. no matter what you think of him in-narrative (which is a lot of negative I'm sure) Cap's a symbol of freedom and leadership, for him to fall last is a very good use of symbolism.

    I can definitely see why they rolled with the multiple phoenix idea and gave Scott a greater arc before going dark phoenix though. This ending feels lack luster, the published version was way better (I just wished more diplomacy was attempted in the narrative)
    You are right.I mean seriously guys you think Cap being last is not realistic?Is anything Marvel does even realistic anymore?

    And ay,ay,ay the hexed avengers sounds so stupid.What's next?The Avengers becoming cyborgs and synthezoids during Age of Ultron?

  12. #57
    Senior Member EXCELSIOR 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    What's that say? Tony/Cap have a PCAN? What's a pcan?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecan

  13. #58
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    lol. Magneto's tale must have been very entertaining if they brought out the snacks!

  14. #59
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    What's that say? Tony/Cap have a PCAN? What's a pcan?
    I guess it's "private communication area network" or something else that can allow them conversing secretly.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  15. #60
    EEEEEEEEE! Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid, España
    Posts
    9,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I guess it's "private communication area network" or something else that can allow them conversing secretly.
    Or a wonky L...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •