Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Original AvX plan

Brevoort posted this on his formspring. He says that the main idea was the same, with only small changes (like no Hexmen or extra phoenixes)

Looking at this makes me think that Scott was never supposed to come out as being right like he did in the actual AvX.
    It seems like they kept making small changes, and eventually the story they told was not the same story they wanted to tell.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

First off love that they were thinking of using a lot of magneto and that handwriting is terrible

This "plan" is even worse than the actual event. "Cap falls last", ahahah!

Cap falls last is the very embodiment of the shitty editorial decisions related to that jingoistic supercop in the past years.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    First off love that they were thinking of using a lot of magneto and that handwriting is terrible
    Yeah, I think seeing some Magneto/Wanda and Magneto/Hope moments would have been very interesting.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

"hexed up avengers" lol

Community's whiteboards are more impressive.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

The weakest member of the Avengers is the last to fall is totally believable. I'll list some possibilities.

a) Cap was safely snuggled safely in Thor's strong, manly arms
    b) Cap knocked out Tony and stole his suit
    c) Cap prayed to Brevoort and was given the most powerful plot armour ever seen.
    d) Cap was hiding waaaaay in the back while his underlings did the fighting and dying and poked his head out at the end and got zapped.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I like that it leaves out the chaos punch, the obviously yin-yang relationship between the Hex Field and the Phoenix that no one got until #11 for some reason (re: morons), and the magic dragon.

Magneto/Hope and Magneto/Scarlet Witch moments would've been cool, too.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

I actually think this would have been a better ending, but it still doesn't make Hope any less annoying and arrogant. It also still paints Cyclops as the villain. I mean what did they think he was going to do when the most powerful heroes on Earth all ganged up on him? This original plan has the same problem. By just attacking him constantly, he's going to get pushed over the edge in the same way a bear eventually mauls someone after getting poked. It's too bad they didn't go with this, but I don't think it would have been too much of an improvement.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

All Mutants fall except for our beloved Cyclops mmm mmm.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Cap falls last is the very embodiment of the shitty editorial decisions related to that jingoistic supercop in the past years.
    This.

Really, the plan for the event was even worse than the actual series. And of course, another argument against the "we always knew a lot of people would think Scott was right" BS.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The weakest member of the Avengers is the last to fall is totally believable. I'll list some possibilities.

a) Cap was safely snuggled safely in Thor's strong, manly arms
    b) Cap knocked out Tony and stole his suit
    c) Cap prayed to Brevoort and was given the most powerful plot armour ever seen.
    d) Cap was hiding waaaaay in the back while his underlings did the fighting and dying and poked his head out at the end and got zapped.
    Captain America is the #1 super hero in America, he has to be last standing.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013

Lol at "hexed up Avengers"… Fear Itself again? After reading it I think AvX was actually not that bad. But "no mutants but Phoenixes" sounds like an interesting idea.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    All Mutants fall except for our beloved Cyclops mmm mmm.
    Not to mention Cap falls last.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February