Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    ...No. Orion is whoever Chiang and Azzarello say he is. They're creating a new Orion. You can't tell them they're wrong when it is a completely new character.
    Not even Azz and Chiang would agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    ...No. Orion is whoever Chiang and Azzarello say he is. They're creating a new Orion. You can't tell them they're wrong when it is a completely new character.
    Mmm, Superman as a child rapist then would have been fine?

I realize you're trying to be provocative here, but that's just a completely silly and unrealistic approach to take to rebuilding characters.

The specifics of a character's situation can change, but the core of who they are should be maintained and strengthened. All the best rebuildings of mythologies, characters and franchises have worked this way.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Pretty snazzy:
    Does this outfit strike anyone else as being particularly Rocketeer-esque?
    No bad thing.

Last edited by Cowtools; 11-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

I'm actually really loving this redesign for Orion. At first glance it just kind of looks like he's wearing a red motorcycle jacket but the more you look at it the more otherworldly it seems. I also really like the helmet and the way it flips up. Both together make him look like a futuristic space knight, but in a more subtle way than you would assume when hearing that phrase (if that makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    Aw man, I really liked this design better.

What they talking about - TOO RESPECTFUL?!

Attachment 104550
    i gotta say i like this one a lot better. nice update of a classic design. i like the boots and the silver belt is a nice separator of the colors. it just looks more like a cosmic warrior and not like a guy going street racing. but i guess the second one kinda goes with how Chiang has redesigned the Greek pantheon. gods dressed in more modern clothes.

not a fan of the second helmet design either. the fact that it comes over the nose makes it look far too Batman-like.

Once again Chiang knocks it out of the park. The silver accents would be nicer.
    I really wish DC would have let them keep their original design for Diana. The outfit we saw before she stormed Hades.
    It's also interesting to hear that there are more DC writers going for the old school Marvel relationship with their artists. Scott and Greg are doing the same thing on Batman.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

I've seen #14, and there's not only a scene with Orion, but a glimpse of Highfather as well. Too early to say what Azz has planned, but it looks like he's playing up the "gods of science" aspect a bit more than I expected... the Source is described as "the sum of all universal knowledge", and rather than a stone wall, it apparently communicates via these transparent monitors that are sort of Matrixy, sort of like oscilloscopes.

(It's not as cliched as it sounds. Chiang plays some interesting games with how they interact with the characters)

No cause for nerdrage, anyway.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Let's see if this works:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wonder Woman-14-19.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	104640 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wonder Woman-14-20.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	104639
    Mario Di Giacomo

Man, mdg, put some spoiler tags, willya? I clicked this thread earlier before reading #14 and saw your post, thankfully I stopped reading when I reached spoilers:
    "Highfather"
    end of spoilers
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    i gotta say i like this one a lot better. nice update of a classic design. i like the boots and the silver belt is a nice separator of the colors. it just looks more like a cosmic warrior and not like a guy going street racing. but i guess the second one kinda goes with how Chiang has redesigned the Greek pantheon. gods dressed in more modern clothes.

not a fan of the second helmet design either. the fact that it comes over the nose makes it look far too Batman-like.
    To me it's not just better, it blows the final design away. I have a feeling Chiang prefers this one too, but it was rejected by management as being too respectful of Kirby. Don't get that at all. Desaad says that it's bland and boring, but that's exactly the way I feel about the final design. Pretty much just red and black. Whereas the first one has more colors and contrast. I too prefer the helmet of the first design. Just an all around better looking outfit.

Oh well, at least the final design isn't bad. It's just not as good. Eh, time to just accept that it is what it is, and enjoy the comic. It'll be my first Wonder Woman comic I've ever read, and I'm mainly getting it because Orion is in it. It may end up a staple on my pull list. Time will tell.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    The "cosmic warrior" look is generic (in the context of all the cosmic Marvel and DC lore). The biker look better gets the point across that they're modern gods, not alien superheroes (which the New Gods have been wrongly portrayed as for too long). And it has enough of the right sci-fi aesthetic so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The "cosmic warrior" look is generic (in the context of all the cosmic Marvel and DC lore). The biker look better gets the point across that they're modern gods, not alien superheroes (which the New Gods have been wrongly portrayed as for too long). And it has enough of the right sci-fi aesthetic so I'm not sure what the problem is.
    The "problem" is that it just doesn't look as good, which isn't a problem to begin with. It's a matter of personal taste. You like it, well, then I guess that's your "problem".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    The "problem" is that it just doesn't look as good, which isn't a problem to begin with. It's a matter of personal taste. You like it, well, then I guess that's your "problem".
    Haha knee jerk much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Haha knee jerk much?

I have no problem with this costume. You do.
    I thought I just said that it's not a problem. I just don't think it's as good as Chiang's original and better design that was rejected.

If you don't believe me then that's your problem.

BANNED

I honestly have no idea what you mean by "problem" at this point.