Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Seems like a waste of talent. It's an easy pass for me... I'll be getting my Wolverine fix (if such a need exists anymore) from WatX and Uncanny Avengers. I'll be buying Savage Wolverine for Cho (both Chos) and Shanna, secure in the knowledge that it'll only be a few issues a year anyway.
    HEY frank is not that slow, a month back he said he had already finished issue 3, issue 4 might be longer as a tree hit his house in sandy but still

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Wolverine has had 2 ongoing series for a good chunk of the last 5 years. What's the problem? Who cares?

That said, the short description by Cornell really doesn't sound all that interesting.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default Cornell and Davis on James Logan NOW!

This news is just really sad.

Almost as sad as the story behind it. I BET you Alonso was scrolling through his call log while Cho was in the middle of pitching his Shanna story.

LOL @ the optimism it was going to be Excalibur III AHAHAHA And James is awful, Logan is way cooler.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Marvel is effectively turning into DC by giving characters multiple ongoing books. First it was Spider-Man and now Wolverine. At least Marvel is giving the different books different angles.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Don't you guys get it?

Savage Wolverine is his Avengers solo title, while Wolverine is his X-Men solo title, DUH!
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willforthrill View Post
    Marvel is effectively turning into DC by giving characters multiple ongoing books. First it was Spider-Man and now Wolverine. At least Marvel is giving the different books different angles.
    HEY the batman books have diffrent angles

BATMAN - LONG epic stories that lead in to crossovers
    DETECTIVE COMICS -stories
    BATMAN & ROBIN - a very mean elf named damian wayne
    BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT- david finch and the scarecrow

and so do the superman books

ACTION COMICS - the lunacy of grant morrison
    SUPERMAN - this had the distinction of being crap until lobdell and rocafort came on the title now it rocks
    MAN OF STEEL - Jim Lee

Not surprising in the slightest, but still fitting none-the-less. With so many titles being relaunched, why shouldn't Wolverine get in on the action? Love him or hate him, he's one of Marvel's biggest cash cows and Marvel would be financially irresponsible if they didn't take advantage of every opportunity to slap a new #1 on the cover to boost sales.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Wolverine solos haven't sold that well in years.
    It has to be selling well enough for marvel to continue making his solo and giving him yet another mini after "First X-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    I love Wolverine, and Wolverine solo books can be awesome if done right (I'm looking at Larry Hamma and Adam Kubert about 18 or 19 years ago). But not only is Alan Davis a poor fit for the character, he's also one of my least favorite artists. I hate how he draws Wolverine's mask, everyone looks the same, and his old-school style looks awkward with modern digital coloring. As a huge Logan fan I'm very conflicted. I want to read his solo adventures, but Davis has been more than enough to keep me from reading a title in the past. Not sure which way I'll go. I'll need to see some pages and hear more about the story.
    It is good to finally meet a fellow fan who hates Alan Davis' work nearly as much as I do. I know I'm still in the minority, but at least now I know I'm not the only one. I'm not gonna say the guy is a bad artist, because I know the guy has his fans - but his style is so retro, and it hasn't changed in decades, that it just makes every title look like it was pulled out of a 1960's back-order.

I actually liked a lot of his written work from the 90's X-Men comics, but I absolutely hate his drawn work.
    Last edited by BLACKWINGS; 11-20-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    BATMAN - LONG epic stories
    Hu LOL right, so EPIC zzz
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    This news is just really sad.

Almost as sad as the story behind it. I BET you Alonso was scrolling through his call log while Cho was in the middle of pitching his Shanna story.

"Paul, whatever they're paying you at DC, we'll pay you double!"
    "is this Captain Brittain or Excalibur?"
    "It's THE WOLVERINE!!"
    "Oh, I'm not really into him or the X-Men, to be quite honest."
    "He's angry, but also sad. He kills, but he doesn't want to. Just say he's very complex. Piece of cake!"
    "Cool. Can I use that quote in the announcement interview?"
    "You bet!"

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wolverine
    Savage Wolverine
    Uncanny Avengers
    Avengers
    Wolverine & the X-men
    Astonishing X-men
    All New X-men
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    HEY frank is not that slow, a month back he said he had already finished issue 3, issue 4 might be longer as a tree hit his house in sandy but still
    I expect him to get the first few issues out without much delay because he has had so much lead time. I expect the frequency to start tailing off after that. I guess we'll see. Regardless, I'm buying that series, so you don't need to make an upset frowny face at me. :P

OMG. NOT AGAIN. Which volume it is? 5th?
    And I bet my money that when it reach some anniversary issue, they renumber it back again.
    It's a waste of money, talents, and ideas.

The question is, who is willing to buy this series?

And second question, wouldn't it be better if you support some better series than another wolverine's solo?

And as long as people will keep buying it, we won't get Captain Britain, Excalibur, New Warriors, The Order, or even something new, (gasp), original series
    Last edited by chakal; 11-20-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU