Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

The main reason I'm angry is because they are cancelling the current Wolverine series just to put #1 on the cover.

Another thing is that Wolverine already have a solo book - Savage Wolverine, which might be actually interesting.

The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

I hope that you understand why I'm disappointed about the news. One of the reasons Wolverine was cool was because he was a loner, and had his own life outside X-men. Nowadays he's a member of so many teams that it kinda killed the appeal of the character.
    Last edited by chakal; 11-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    The main reason I'm angry is because they are cancelling the current Wolverine series just to put #1 on the cover.

Another thing is that Wolverine already have a solo book - Savage Wolverine, which might be actually interesting.

The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially, that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

I hope that you understand why I'm disappointed about the news. One of the reasons Wolverine was cool was because he was a loner, and had his own life outside X-men. Nowadays he's a member of so many teams that it kinda killed the appeal of the character.
    Agreed. Wolverine was by far my favorite character before I got into comics. He was complex and interesting, but now you literally won't be able to go a week without seeing Wolverine in a book, unless you're reading nothing Avengers or X-Men related. Being in so many books at once has damaged his character almost beyond repair because he acts almost totally differently in every book which makes him look like an asshole overall.

The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially, that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

Yeah i understand what you saying. And i personally think that Savage Wolverine doesn't needed. It could be a Shanna story without Wolverine and i don't think i will get it. And the same is valid for his multiple appearances on the other books. Basically his solo (Cornell), UA and WATXM are just enough.

So at least we agree on something. And then again, marvel should decide either Savage Wolv, or simply Wolv. Definitely not both.

And to end my participating in this thread, let me tell you about one of my favorite issues of Wolverine.
    It's #75, during Fatal Attraction event. It was when he lost adamantium.
    It started with Xavier and Jean mentally stabilizing Wolverine's health. It was pretty touching scene, where Wolverine was on the brink of death. Another strong scene was when Wolverine tried to show everyone in Danger Room that he's still the best there is. And then he bleeds severely, because of his bone claws. At the end of the issue Wolverine decides to leave X-men, because he doesn't want to be an obstacle for the team.

Of course, many people hate '90s comic books, so I might be a minority here, but as a kid, I was moved by this single issue.

This is the kind of person Wolverine used to be. And even back then, he was super-popular and people were joking that he was everywhere. And then he became an Avenger in 2005, and literally started to be everywhere, even if only as a background character, with no dialogue at all.

That's all I wanted to say.
    Last edited by chakal; 11-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by darkclaw11 View Post
    If you don't like it don't buy it. But let the other readers to choose by themselves.
    They should choose not to buy this. Nothing against Cornell and Davis, but if Wolverine books start failing, maybe Marvel will stop ruining the character and maybe he will stop being a magnet to hacks.
    Cornell and Davis should not lower themselves to work on the tenth apearance of a character who's in this pityfull state and share him with people who aren't halfh as talented as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    They should choose not to buy this. Nothing against Cornell and Davis, but if Wolverine books start failing, maybe Marvel will stop ruining the character and maybe he will stop being a magnet to hacks.
    Cornell and Davis should not lower themselves to work on the tenth apearance of a character who's in this pityfull state and share him with people who aren't halfh as talented as they are.
    I get your point but this is the Wolverine solo book not just a team-up book in Savage Land that makes no sense. And it is your right buying it or not. But let the other readers judging the book by themselves when it will get published and if they continue to buy it or not.

BANNED

Talk about the least inspiring pitch for a new book ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    such a waste of a perfect Excalibur NOW! creative team.

shame on you, Marvel. SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
    My thoughts exactly, SMFH....

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I like how he said in the Marvel.com interview he loves the X-Men, yet at the same time says you can look somewhere else for the "crossovers". Everyone knows Claremont's Wolverine was great because he had Nightcrawler, Storm, Kitty and Colossus to ground his more violent behaviour, not because he had a bunch of solo jaunts.

Cornell sounds like he'll bring the series back to the taunt tightrope walk it should be. Not to do a relatively new marvelite a disfavor but Bunn blew it.
    I want to read a wolvie book that brings that slow smirk to the side of my mouth. Bad Ass without losing plot to the point of numb desensitization. Alan Davis is great, but C. P. Smith would have been my choice for artist.. Still, Davis might suit Cornell's brand of weird.

It's intriguing that people need some new standout twist to get behind a book. Somehow it should feel .. fresh. Cap, etc. Something iconic who's arch spans over 12 issues. I don't necessarily disagree, yet Cornell's track record on several series is enough for me to commit for two or three months. I've got a positive outtake from it's "don't french with the basics" minimalist;) approach.
    Last edited by Spidey Sense; 11-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey Sense View Post
    It's intriguing that people need some new standout twist to get behind a book. Somehow it should feel .. new. Cap, etc. Something iconic who's arch spans over 12 issues. I don't necessarily disagree, yet Cornell's track record on several series is enough for me to commit for a month or three.
    That was kind of the way Marvel marketed Marvel NOW.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I don't know. I'm still stuck on Beast using Peabody & Sherman's Wayback Machine to go get the O5 for some reason.

So at least we agree on something. And then again, marvel should decide either Savage Wolv, or simply Wolv. Definitely not both.

And to end my participating in this thread, let me tell you about one of my favorite issues of Wolverine.
    It's #75, during Fatal Attraction event. It was when he lost adamantium.
    It started with Xavier and Jean mentally stabilizing Wolverine's health. It was pretty touching scene, where Wolverine was on the brink of death. Another strong scene was when Wolverine tried to show everyone in Danger Room that he's still the best there is. And then he bleeds severely, because of his bone claws. At the end of the issue Wolverine decides to leave X-men, because he doesn't want to be an obstacle for the team.

Of course, many people hate '90s comic books, so I might be a minority here, but as a kid, I was moved by this single issue.

This is the kind of person Wolverine used to be. And even back then, he was super-popular and people were joking that he was everywhere. And then he became an Avenger in 2005, and literally started to be everywhere, even if only as a background character, with no dialogue at all.

That's all I wanted to say.
    I agree with some of what you said. The post Image exodus/pre-AoA is a massively underrated era. Nicieza, Lobdell, and Hama were putting out some great stuff. Even the big events were very character focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I don't know. I'm still stuck on Beast using Peabody & Sherman's Wayback Machine to go get the O5 for some reason.
    I actually would've loved to see Immonen draw CatBeast driving a DeLorean.

Alan Davis was great on the Wolverine: Bloodust One-Shot that he did back in the mid 90s. People should check it out, it was gritty, imaginative, disturbing.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!