Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 272
  1. #166
    Sentinels were right chakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the woods
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    The main reason I'm angry is because they are cancelling the current Wolverine series just to put #1 on the cover.

    Another thing is that Wolverine already have a solo book - Savage Wolverine, which might be actually interesting.

    The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

    I hope that you understand why I'm disappointed about the news. One of the reasons Wolverine was cool was because he was a loner, and had his own life outside X-men. Nowadays he's a member of so many teams that it kinda killed the appeal of the character.
    Last edited by chakal; 11-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

    Bellechere for the win!!!

    European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

  2. #167
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    The main reason I'm angry is because they are cancelling the current Wolverine series just to put #1 on the cover.

    Another thing is that Wolverine already have a solo book - Savage Wolverine, which might be actually interesting.

    The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially, that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

    I hope that you understand why I'm disappointed about the news. One of the reasons Wolverine was cool was because he was a loner, and had his own life outside X-men. Nowadays he's a member of so many teams that it kinda killed the appeal of the character.
    Agreed. Wolverine was by far my favorite character before I got into comics. He was complex and interesting, but now you literally won't be able to go a week without seeing Wolverine in a book, unless you're reading nothing Avengers or X-Men related. Being in so many books at once has damaged his character almost beyond repair because he acts almost totally differently in every book which makes him look like an asshole overall.

  3. #168
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    The main reason I'm angry is because they are cancelling the current Wolverine series just to put #1 on the cover.

    Another thing is that Wolverine already have a solo book - Savage Wolverine, which might be actually interesting.

    The last thing is that Cornell is capable of writing really good comic books, why not giving him something in vein of "Fearless Defenders", or something else, especially, that we have Marvel NOW initiative?

    I hope that you understand why I'm disappointed about the news. One of the reasons Wolverine was cool was because he was a loner, and had his own life outside X-men. Nowadays he's a member of so many teams that it kinda killed the appeal of the character.
    Yeah i understand what you saying. And i personally think that Savage Wolverine doesn't needed. It could be a Shanna story without Wolverine and i don't think i will get it. And the same is valid for his multiple appearances on the other books. Basically his solo (Cornell), UA and WATXM are just enough.

  4. #169
    Sentinels were right chakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the woods
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    So at least we agree on something. And then again, marvel should decide either Savage Wolv, or simply Wolv. Definitely not both.

    And to end my participating in this thread, let me tell you about one of my favorite issues of Wolverine.
    It's #75, during Fatal Attraction event. It was when he lost adamantium.
    It started with Xavier and Jean mentally stabilizing Wolverine's health. It was pretty touching scene, where Wolverine was on the brink of death. Another strong scene was when Wolverine tried to show everyone in Danger Room that he's still the best there is. And then he bleeds severely, because of his bone claws. At the end of the issue Wolverine decides to leave X-men, because he doesn't want to be an obstacle for the team.

    Of course, many people hate '90s comic books, so I might be a minority here, but as a kid, I was moved by this single issue.

    This is the kind of person Wolverine used to be. And even back then, he was super-popular and people were joking that he was everywhere. And then he became an Avenger in 2005, and literally started to be everywhere, even if only as a background character, with no dialogue at all.

    That's all I wanted to say.
    Last edited by chakal; 11-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

    Bellechere for the win!!!

    European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

  5. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkclaw11 View Post
    If you don't like it don't buy it. But let the other readers to choose by themselves.
    They should choose not to buy this. Nothing against Cornell and Davis, but if Wolverine books start failing, maybe Marvel will stop ruining the character and maybe he will stop being a magnet to hacks.
    Cornell and Davis should not lower themselves to work on the tenth apearance of a character who's in this pityfull state and share him with people who aren't halfh as talented as they are.

  6. #171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    They should choose not to buy this. Nothing against Cornell and Davis, but if Wolverine books start failing, maybe Marvel will stop ruining the character and maybe he will stop being a magnet to hacks.
    Cornell and Davis should not lower themselves to work on the tenth apearance of a character who's in this pityfull state and share him with people who aren't halfh as talented as they are.
    I get your point but this is the Wolverine solo book not just a team-up book in Savage Land that makes no sense. And it is your right buying it or not. But let the other readers judging the book by themselves when it will get published and if they continue to buy it or not.

  7. #172
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,244

    Default

    Talk about the least inspiring pitch for a new book ever.

  8. #173
    "Trust No One" agent_graves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinkman View Post
    such a waste of a perfect Excalibur NOW! creative team.

    shame on you, Marvel. SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
    My thoughts exactly, SMFH....

  9. #174
    ~MagiKat~ Kaiolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Talk about the least inspiring pitch for a new book ever.
    I like how he said in the Marvel.com interview he loves the X-Men, yet at the same time says you can look somewhere else for the "crossovers". Everyone knows Claremont's Wolverine was great because he had Nightcrawler, Storm, Kitty and Colossus to ground his more violent behaviour, not because he had a bunch of solo jaunts.

  10. #175

    Default

    Cornell sounds like he'll bring the series back to the taunt tightrope walk it should be. Not to do a relatively new marvelite a disfavor but Bunn blew it.
    I want to read a wolvie book that brings that slow smirk to the side of my mouth. Bad Ass without losing plot to the point of numb desensitization. Alan Davis is great, but C. P. Smith would have been my choice for artist.. Still, Davis might suit Cornell's brand of weird.

    It's intriguing that people need some new standout twist to get behind a book. Somehow it should feel .. fresh. Cap, etc. Something iconic who's arch spans over 12 issues. I don't necessarily disagree, yet Cornell's track record on several series is enough for me to commit for two or three months. I've got a positive outtake from it's "don't french with the basics" minimalist;) approach.
    Last edited by Spidey Sense; 11-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.

  11. #176
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey Sense View Post
    It's intriguing that people need some new standout twist to get behind a book. Somehow it should feel .. new. Cap, etc. Something iconic who's arch spans over 12 issues. I don't necessarily disagree, yet Cornell's track record on several series is enough for me to commit for a month or three.
    That was kind of the way Marvel marketed Marvel NOW.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  12. #177
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Talk about the least inspiring pitch for a new book ever.
    I don't know. I'm still stuck on Beast using Peabody & Sherman's Wayback Machine to go get the O5 for some reason.

  13. #178
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    So at least we agree on something. And then again, marvel should decide either Savage Wolv, or simply Wolv. Definitely not both.

    And to end my participating in this thread, let me tell you about one of my favorite issues of Wolverine.
    It's #75, during Fatal Attraction event. It was when he lost adamantium.
    It started with Xavier and Jean mentally stabilizing Wolverine's health. It was pretty touching scene, where Wolverine was on the brink of death. Another strong scene was when Wolverine tried to show everyone in Danger Room that he's still the best there is. And then he bleeds severely, because of his bone claws. At the end of the issue Wolverine decides to leave X-men, because he doesn't want to be an obstacle for the team.

    Of course, many people hate '90s comic books, so I might be a minority here, but as a kid, I was moved by this single issue.

    This is the kind of person Wolverine used to be. And even back then, he was super-popular and people were joking that he was everywhere. And then he became an Avenger in 2005, and literally started to be everywhere, even if only as a background character, with no dialogue at all.

    That's all I wanted to say.
    I agree with some of what you said. The post Image exodus/pre-AoA is a massively underrated era. Nicieza, Lobdell, and Hama were putting out some great stuff. Even the big events were very character focused.

  14. #179
    ~MagiKat~ Kaiolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I don't know. I'm still stuck on Beast using Peabody & Sherman's Wayback Machine to go get the O5 for some reason.
    I actually would've loved to see Immonen draw CatBeast driving a DeLorean.

  15. #180
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Alan Davis was great on the Wolverine: Bloodust One-Shot that he did back in the mid 90s. People should check it out, it was gritty, imaginative, disturbing.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •