Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 235
  1. #166
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    Doubtful considering the leak I'm talking about and the one page that was bouncing around twitter look to be the same page. Usually scans are slightly different sizes and what not.
    youve got me beat, didnt see the twitter one that the article speaks of.

  2. #167
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    True. They had it printed on their page, "same day as print at 2 p.m.!" but didn't it cross their mind Image, IDW, Marvel and Dark Horse(over on their site) publish digitally at 9 a .m. or so?
    Weird, right? And they were the ones who made the first big digital push with the New 52! Maybe they weren't ready for how fast Marvel had an answer...which was silly on their part.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  3. #168
    Junior Member Duke Togo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Not really a spoiler, but wasn't Humberto Ramos supposed to be drawing this issue?

  4. #169
    Redundant Imperative Xal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    youve got me beat, didnt see the twitter one that the article speaks of.

  5. #170
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Weird, right? And they were the ones who made the first big digital push with the New 52! Maybe they weren't ready for how fast Marvel had an answer...which was silly on their part.
    My guess is they wanted to prevent folks from scanning the comics early in the morning and stopping folks needing to hit the stores?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  6. #171
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    My guess is they wanted to prevent folks from scanning the comics early in the morning and stopping folks needing to hit the stores?
    Maybe...I'm not really sure.

    I look forward to the day when you can get a digital subscription. You can pre-order certain Marvel NOW! comics, but I'm not sure what the advantage is there. Same price and you don't get it early.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  7. #172
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Maybe...I'm not really sure.

    I look forward to the day when you can get a digital subscription. You can pre-order certain Marvel NOW! comics, but I'm not sure what the advantage is there. Same price and you don't get it early.
    It shows how antiquated the system is as they seem to think preorders mean something in a digitally instant world.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  8. #173
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    It shows how antiquated the system is as they seem to think preorders mean something in a digitally instant world.
    Yeah. When I first saw that I thought there had to be some kind of perk...but no. You get it on the same day for the exact same price, which means there's no reason why you shouldn't decide on Wednesday whether you still want it or not.

    I don't know why the industry is still resistant to offering better incentives. Seriously, you've got Marvel NOW! going, it'd be a great time to make a digital bundle where you could buy every #1 together for a discounted price. Same with something like the DC #0s.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  9. #174
    ___________. theXfactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Can someone pm me as well?

  10. #175
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah. When I first saw that I thought there had to be some kind of perk...but no. You get it on the same day for the exact same price, which means there's no reason why you shouldn't decide on Wednesday whether you still want it or not.

    I don't know why the industry is still resistant to offering better incentives. Seriously, you've got Marvel NOW! going, it'd be a great time to make a digital bundle where you could buy every #1 together for a discounted price. Same with something like the DC #0s.
    It's greed. These companies don't want to lose a cent if they can't help it, even when they are saving huge percentages on costs (paper, ink, shipping...).
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  11. #176
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Can someone pm me as well?
    Can't you just use google? Or even wait for the issue to actually be released so you can read it yourself (or read the boards to find out).
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  12. #177
    Maker of Art LooneyKoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah. When I first saw that I thought there had to be some kind of perk...but no. You get it on the same day for the exact same price, which means there's no reason why you shouldn't decide on Wednesday whether you still want it or not.

    I don't know why the industry is still resistant to offering better incentives. Seriously, you've got Marvel NOW! going, it'd be a great time to make a digital bundle where you could buy every #1 together for a discounted price. Same with something like the DC #0s.
    Because if someone likes the look of something they're able to pay for it early. Meaning if they decide they don't actually want it, tough. It's already been paid for in advance and the companies get the money.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

  13. #178
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    It's greed. These companies don't want to lose a cent if they can't help it, even when they are saving huge percentages on costs (paper, ink, shipping...).
    They tend to offer some great .99 cent sales, but only on older material.

    I do wonder if digital sales on newer material are being held back on some level by distributors.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  14. #179
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Because if someone likes the look of something they're able to pay for it early. Meaning if they decide they don't actually want it, tough. It's already been paid for in advance and the companies get the money.
    Yeah, but why would I even bother if it's all the same to me? I stand to gain nothing by pre-ordering. I don't even get the material early and I might find something else I want more by the time it actually hits.

    Now if you could pre-order for a $1 less, that would be something...
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  15. #180
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    They tend to offer some great .99 cent sales, but only on older material.

    I do wonder if digital sales on newer material are being held back on some level by distributors.
    I've had similar thoughts. That it would be bad for retailers of a brick & mortar store if newer material were cheaper digitally.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •