Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    sorry, i thought we were having a discussion. i'm not bent on trying to prove anything, this is the direction the conversation veered in.
    Sure, but it seems that the article is geared to talking about a posible internal leak in the printing process. Just because you and I found another leak doesnt mean the article did a poor job on exploring the possible internal one. It seems that is being ignored to come up with a poor job being done by a comic news site in your discussion. Seems like it might be time for the old stop breath and take a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
    Not every shop will receive their shipment at the same time.
    That's a good point. Shipping is probably on a very strict schedule and if they had comics release on more than one day costs would go up (and logistics would be a nightmare). Then again...if they had a few "blockbuster" books come out on different days other than Wednesday maybe that'd garner more interest (similar to a movie being released on Wednesday for a long weekend).

It would certainly make more sense if the book had huge spoiler potential too.
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 11-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Eventually things would just swing back around until it was Comics Tuesday, or maybe Monday, and then everyone's going, "Why not Sunday?"

But there was an article on CBR last week that said some of DC and Marvel's comics were available digitally on Tuesday night by 6 PM.

I don't think that's a bad idea, and I'm hoping ASM 698 will show up tonight (doubtful, but still...)!
    Wow I didn't know that (and comixology is where I read and review all my books now). Is that a glitch or mistake on their part or are they allowed to do that?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Sure, but it seems that the article is geared to talking about a posible internal leak in the printing process. Just because you and I found another leak doesnt mean the article did a poor job on exploring the possible internal one. It seems that is being ignored to come up with a poor job being done by a comic news site.
    see, i disagree there because then it just means the writer assumed it was internal without doing the research. anyway you cut it, it equates to 'poor job.' i mean, i know this is CBR, not the St. Pete Times. but a certain amount of professionalism should be maintained across the board.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

I'm sure this has been asked but which back issue should I start at if I want to get into this? Which I do!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Wow I didn't know that (and comixology is where I read and review all my books now). Is that a glitch or mistake on their part or are they allowed to do that?
    it's the new standard, and really they are allowed to do whatever they want. it's their product (assuming the 'they' in question is the publishers)
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

see, i disagree there because then it just means the writer assumed it was internal without doing the research. anyway you cut it, it equates to 'poor job.' i mean, i know this is CBR, not the St. Pete Times. but a certain amount of professionalism should be maintained across the board.
    Im still not seeing a lack of professionalism being displayed in the article. I see why you think there is, but that doesnt mean that their really is.... thats the fun thing about comicbook news articles, different perspectives often color what is being reported and how effective the message was.

it's the new standard, and really they are allowed to do whatever they want. it's their product (assuming the 'they' in question is the publishers)
    But Comixology is a separate company. Unless they are given the right to release a comic whenever they want, or are we talking Marvel asking them to post earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked but which back issue should I start at if I want to get into this? Which I do!
    You can start with this one and get into it. For the full seeding of clues. Slott said he started in issue #600.

But Comixology is a separate company. Unless they are given the right to release a comic whenever they want, or are we talking Marvel asking them to post earlier?
    Ive only ever seen asm appearing at 9-930am EST on comixology... but ill check it tonight at 6pm just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Slott said that the reveal will make fans squeeze the book up in anger.
    Hm, from what I saw, the spoiler didn't really make me mad...Damn, I can't wait for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Sure, but it seems that the article is geared to talking about a posible internal leak in the printing process. Just because you and I found another leak doesnt mean the article did a poor job on exploring the possible internal one. It seems that is being ignored to come up with a poor job being done by a comic news site in your discussion. Seems like it might be time for the old stop breath and take a second look.
    The leak wasn't internal. I watched it being uploaded page by page. As someone else said it was either an employee/friend of employee at a LCS who uploaded it. I'm not going to comment on whether the author of the article did a bad job investigating it, but I would have thought that where the leak was posted would be one of the first places to check. Maybe it's not as well know as I thought.

i see what you're saying now. in the case of DC, they've decided to release their comics at the same time across ALL digital platforms, including Comixology and iBooks and the Nook and Kindle stores.

i think in the case of Comixology releasing Marvel books early, in most cases that's an accident. just like retailers selling books a few days early, i think it's up to the publisher whether or not they 'punish' the digital outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    The leak wasn't internal. I watched it being uploaded page by page. As someone else said it was either an employee/friend of employee at a LCS who uploaded it. I'm not going to comment on whether the author of the article did a bad job investigating it, but I would have thought that where the leak was posted would be one of the first places to check. Maybe it's not as well know as I thought.
    it's a reporter's job to enlighten those who don't know. if the real story is being figured out by posters on a message board in response to a factually incorrect article, something got lost in the investigation. that's piss poor reporting at its heart.

Still, the allure of a leaked spoiler, coupled with Dan's warnings not to spoil the surprise, and his comments that fans will be outraged has driven up interest in the book. Whether all this translates to increased sales, we'll have to see. I hope it does. And, if so, Slott deserves a raise for helping to stoke fan interest.