Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    this article is pretty counterproductive in the grand scheme of the forums' rules.
    tell me about it. Sadly a giant leak of this nature is news worthy. The article doesnt even begin to address how the whole book was up last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If you really want to discuss the spoilers, there are other places on the internet that you can go.
    i would have, but now i'd rather discuss arcane forum policies that only stymie interactions instead of encourage them. but the comments will probably get deleted because hey we can't have that kind of negativity on a comic book message board!
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Ok, I was fully intending to stay away from the Spidey board until Wednesday, but I had to react to the criticism of the article and the moderation. Kiel revealing the existence of a leak does not oblige anyone to search for that leak, all you have to do is practice restraint. I know they don't need anyone to defend them, but ShaggyB and Mister Mets are keeping things running smoothly to make sure nothing is spoiled and not even a hint that can lead people to cleverly figure out the spoiler is posted either. They don't deserve this griping.

Signing off.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    tell me about it. Sadly a giant leak of this nature is news worthy. The article doesnt even begin to address how the whole book was up last night.
    this isn't surprising given the fast turn-around of these natures. i imagine it happened on /co/ but haven't dug that far. i imagine the 'journalist' got an email and was told to whip something up, put a minimum amount of research in and hit post.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

this isn't surprising given the fast turn-around of these natures. i imagine it happened on /co/ but haven't dug that far. i imagine the 'journalist' got an email and was told to whip something up, put a minimum amount of research in and hit post.
    Sometimes I wish I was writing these. This leak is page for page beginning to end. Its massive and likely a bigger issue with the industry

I remember my first internet spoiler. Someone posted the Hush/Jason Todd reveal on rec.arts.comics about a week before the issue shipped. The reveal turned out to be a storyline swerve but when I first saw that image, I wanted that issue in my hands as soon as possible.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

i would have, but now i'd rather discuss arcane forum policies that only stymie interactions instead of encourage them. but the comments will probably get deleted because hey we can't have that kind of negativity on a comic book message board!
    The book isn't even out yet and I want to read it on my own time. I applaud the mods for keeping the threads spoiler free as best they can. They've done a pretty good job in my book. Just because a leak is out there, doesn't mean I care to see it, I want to pay the creators of the comic for their work and read the title when it's released, not see a bunch of spoilers detailing something that isn't out yet. Whoever leaked the story early is an asshole and I don't intend to support that behavior. Why would anyone want to ruin the suprise after all this build up?

Can't find it anymore, but from what I saw last night, the scanner posted it page by page, and someone compiled it into a .cbr file. The scanner also claimed to have gotten it from a friend working at a store.

They further claimed to have done the same thing for AvX 11 and 12, though I hadn't heard about that at the time.

There doesn't appear to be much Marvel can do about it short of locking down their protocols on opening boxes of shipped comics somehow. Given how difficult that was for Harry Potter (which still got leaked), I think they're out of luck until the digital first era.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
    Can't find it anymore, but from what I saw last night, the scanner posted it page by page, and someone compiled it into a .cbr file. The scanner also claimed to have gotten it from a friend working at a store.

They further claimed to have done the same thing for AvX 11 and 12, though I hadn't heard about that at the time.

There doesn't appear to be much Marvel can do about it short of locking down their protocols on opening boxes of shipped comics somehow. Given how difficult that was for Harry Potter (which still got leaked), I think they're out of luck until the digital first era.

well, it's not unheard of. i'm close with my LCS owners and they let me get my books a day early sometimes. Marvel/DC can't do much short of blackballing the retailer if they find out it got to them, but that's not exactly plausible either. it's something they can't curb, so they try to manage it through things like USA Today reveals.

and it's stupid as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The book isn't even out yet and I want to read it on my own time.
    here's a tip: don't go into a thread that says "SPOILERS", then.

Can somebody please PM me as well. Thanks.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Can somebody please PM me as well. Thanks.
    nope. google.

Remarkably I haven't run into any spoilers yet, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    Given that I dropped Spidey a while ago, I googled and got the spoiler, or at least talk of it.

Really, really awesome twist by Slott and truly unexpected. Much better than the fears I had of Alpha or even Miguel taking up the mantle (which was clearly a red herring)
    You do know, saying what it isn't is a psuedo spoiler in itself. Just sayin'.

here's a tip: don't go into a thread that says "SPOILERS", then.
    Oh, you mean a thread about how the story got leaked that has no mention of the actual spoilers because of the mods you insist on complaining about. Whoa, you are a smart internet man with that quick wit of yours. Thanks for the suggestions buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ok, I was fully intending to stay away from the Spidey board until Wednesday, but I had to react to the criticism of the article and the moderation. Kiel revealing the existence of a leak does not oblige anyone to search for that leak, all you have to do is practice restraint. I know they don't need anyone to defend them, but ShaggyB and Mister Mets are keeping things running smoothly to make sure nothing is spoiled and not even a hint that can lead people to cleverly figure out the spoiler is posted either. They don't deserve this griping.

Signing off.

Says the man who already has his copy and posted a picture of it in another Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I got my copy already, at 6:45 PM Manila time, 5:45 AM EDT. Now it's 8:15 PM, I'm at the dinner table, and I'll read it in my room later. But no spoilers. Not even a reaction, like OMG or Argh. Not until Wednesday.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."