Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Kitson, Garbett, Clark & Henry Join Dysart on "Harbinger"

Artists Barry Kitson, Lee Garbett, Matthew Clark and Clayton Henry join "Harbinger" writer Josh Dysart for the series' upcoming storyline introducing new characters to the mix. CBR has an exclusive look at Kitson's issue!

Full article here.

Marvel sure has been losing some good artists to Valiant as of late.

The worst part is they keep artists who are clearly worse on deck.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Yeah.

Nice still gotta say I always get a bit antsy when I see an all white team of "Heroes" fighting against the Diverse team of "Villains"
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah.

Nice still gotta say I always get a bit antsy when I see an all white team of "Heroes" fighting against the Diverse team of "Villains"
    Pretty sure some of those "villains" will be "heroes" before too long . . .

I always hate to see an artist have to leave a book suddenly as it can cause some real quality issues. But in this case it seems like VEI got a handle on it quickly and spreading it out over a couple of artists is a good move. I love Clark and Kitson's pages there look really nice. Garbett did a great job filling in on XO and Henry is always exceptional.

The real force behind this book is the writing, though, so the art is a bonus at this point.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Clayton Henry, nice; I've missed his artwork.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I always hate to see an artist have to leave a book suddenly as it can cause some real quality issues. But in this case it seems like VEI got a handle on it quickly and spreading it out over a couple of artists is a good move. I love Clark and Kitson's pages there look really nice. Garbett did a great job filling in on XO and Henry is always exceptional.

The real force behind this book is the writing, though, so the art is a bonus at this point.
    I've enjoyed most of the Valiant artwork so far. I would gladly see Garbett do more books and I can't get enough of Clayton Henry and Patrick Zircher, but Harbinger has really had the weakest art of the whole relaunch imho. Frankly, after reading Harbinger #6 I'm glad Briones won't be sticking around. This book needs talented high-profile artists on it. Glad to see Valiant recognizes this and is making changes before readers like me start dropping it because of the poor art direction.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

I love this book.

Can't wait for more.
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

pop culture phenomenon sonicdan's Avatar

This is my favorite comic being published right now.
    Valiant is producing the best comics right now.
    They have such a fantastic line up of artists & creators on board!
    DAN

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    I've enjoyed most of the Valiant artwork so far. I would gladly see Garbett do more books and I can't get enough of Clayton Henry and Patrick Zircher, but Harbinger has really had the weakest art of the whole relaunch imho. Frankly, after reading Harbinger #6 I'm glad Briones won't be sticking around. This book needs talented high-profile artists on it. Glad to see Valiant recognizes this and is making changes before readers like me start dropping it because of the poor art direction.
    The decision may have been made for them with Birones leaving (whatever the reason). It will be interesting to see who takes over the third arc. Will Evans be back (no problem with that as long as it is just him and decent inks and colors)? Or will it be one of these artists or someone else like Trevor Hairsine, who is doing the Planet Death prelude? I would be good with any of them honestly.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Clayton Henry, nice; I've missed his artwork.

You should be reading Archer & Armstrong then, it's great!

I'd love to see Kitson return as the regular artist on this book; unless of course one of the Big 2 have something for him to do...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You should be reading Archer & Armstrong then, it's great!

I'd love to see Kitson return as the regular artist on this book; unless of course one of the Big 2 have something for him to do...
    Kitson or Clark as the ongoing would be awesome. khari Evan's art has grown on me and suffered from some heavy-handed inking and coloring issues, I think, but either of those two would be an improvement.

Emanuella Lupacchino is taking over for Henry for the Eternal Warrior arc, and it hasn't been confirmed if Henry will return after that. I hope he does, but if not he better be working on another VALIANT book. He is too good to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah.

I agree, the Renegades desperately need some diversity.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I agree, the Renegades desperately need some diversity.
    While the color of their skin was not "diverse", the original team had a member who was overweight and a member who was illiterate (possibly learning disabled). Those are also underrepresented groups in comics.

And VALIANT in general has always been far more diverse, espescially when it comes to Asian characters (Harada, Rai, Dr. Mirage, etc). Even now Shadowman has a mostly African-American cast and Livewire has been reimagined as African-American as well in Harbinger.

The female ranks are also quickly filling up with two main females in Bloodshot, Kris, Zeph and Flamingo in Harbinger, Mary-Maria in A&A and the new Geomancer.

I don't read Valiant but seeing an overweight character with powers made me quite happy that they're being represented.
    This is coming from a DC fan who saw Babs walk again and Amanda Waller become skinny.
    Art and comics!
    illeity.deviantart.com