Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Given the capitalization, there is probably more to the feat than it sounds, since I don't think it takes superhuman strength to punch through fire. <_<

!

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Okay, that is pretty funny.

"By Eternia, I shall punch this flame in the face!"

*swings wildly, doesn't actually hit anything, because, well, it's a flame*

"Dammit."

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Yes. There are versions of Darkseid He-Man can defeat. This is not saying much, since there are versions of Darkseid stairs can defeat, but in He-Man's case, KJ Stewart is absolutely correct. The guy has the feats to squash 90% of Darkseid's versions with relative ease.

Now, He-Man might have had trouble with the Omega Beams back when those things were as badass as you'd hope to see from a villain of Darkseid's caliber. (Depends on if you think he could deflect them. I don't, considering that a) they were both incredibly fast and able to move around obstacles, and b) the things were pretty much able to unmake anything they hit.) And of course, PC Darkseid would stomp him flat.

One might add a component- who's supporting characters are more ridiculous.

Fisto, extendable neck dude vs. a fat old evil fighting grandma or some clown dressed like a Three Musketeer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    One might add a component- who's supporting characters are more ridiculous.

Fisto, extendable neck dude vs. a fat old evil fighting grandma or some clown dressed like a Three Musketeer.
    He-Man STOMPS on that front!

Buzz-Off, Moss Man, Ram-Man, Man-E-Faces, Snout Spout etc.

And the villains... Oh my... Stinkor, Spikor, Two-Bad, Faker, Mer-Man, Trap-Jaw etc. Good lord.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    He-Man STOMPS on that front!

Buzz-Off, Moss Man, Ram-Man, Man-E-Faces, Snout Spout etc.

And the villains... Oh my... Stinkor, Spikor, Two-Bad, Faker, Mer-Man, Trap-Jaw etc. Good lord.
    And let's not forget that he shared Hordak with She-Ra, giving him guys like Mantenna (With the power of extending eye stalks! and Buzz-Saw Hordak (an already weird-looking evil sorceror who somehow managed to install a trap-door in his chest cavity housing a pair of buzz-saws on an axle that he could shoot out at enemies) in his rogue's gallery.

Also, he had cyborg dinosaurs, an undead dinosaur that held people in its ribs, (not its rib cage, the actual ribs forked to hold people) and the Bashasaurus, a glorious combination of a humvee, a triceratops, and a giant extending mace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preternia1600.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	104649

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Ha! Battlebones. The toy broke so easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preternia1600.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	104649
    Prime example on the right at the back there: "BLAST ATTACK". His power, of course, was to EXPLODE INTO TWO PIECES.

I would like to see Fisto ask Darkseid as to why he wears a miniskirt.

BANNED

Darkseid: "Easy access for your fist."
    Fisto: "Kinky."

I prefer to think of it as a man-kilt.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Yes. There are versions of Darkseid He-Man can defeat. This is not saying much, since there are versions of Darkseid stairs can defeat, but in He-Man's case, KJ Stewart is absolutely correct. The guy has the feats to squash 90% of Darkseid's versions with relative ease.

Now, He-Man might have had trouble with the Omega Beams back when those things were as badass as you'd hope to see from a villain of Darkseid's caliber. (Depends on if you think he could deflect them. I don't, considering that a) they were both incredibly fast and able to move around obstacles, and b) the things were pretty much able to unmake anything they hit.) And of course, PC Darkseid would stomp him flat.
    Don't the omega beams not function against people who have a certain degree of importance to the universe? I'm pretty sure that was a thing. Obviously it needs to be something like being integral to the ongoing state of the universe, but He-Man kind of has that, since in many versions, possessing Castle Greyskull = ruling the universe or even being God (particularly in the one comic continuity where getting both the swords means access to Greyskull and omnipotence). I don't know a whole lot about the omega beams though, I just remember that being a thing, and I don't think you can get a lot more important than operating on that scale without going into multiple realities.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Don't the omega beams not function against people who have a certain degree of importance to the universe? I'm pretty sure that was a thing. Obviously it needs to be something like being integral to the ongoing state of the universe, but He-Man kind of has that, since in many versions, possessing Castle Greyskull = ruling the universe or even being God (particularly in the one comic continuity where getting both the swords means access to Greyskull and omnipotence). I don't know a whole lot about the omega beams though, I just remember that being a thing, and I don't think you can get a lot more important than operating on that scale without going into multiple realities.
    We've actually never even seen scans of the "important to the universe" thing, plus to be fair Heman dying does nothing to the DC universe(especially if it's "The Source" protecting you..why would it care about Heman?). Heck Heman dying in the arena does nothing to the Heman-verse either. If the "if you're important you're immune" thing did exist I'd imagine it would only come into play in a scenario fight taking place outside the arena. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise since if the stipulation exists the protection is only being granted specifically because erasing them from the timeline would mess shit up..so there would no reason to extend said protection to the arena fight. I know we say all powers function normally in the arena, but this isn't a specific power of anyone, but rather some cosmic being extending protection due to specific circumstances which never come into play in the arena.

Of course all that is a moot point since we've never actually seen the specifics that this protection entails. That said Heman could probably shrug off the post crisis OE or at the very least block it with his sword.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-22-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Hilariously, He Man may actually be that important to the DC universe, since he did exist in pre-crisis DC. That said, provided the limitation actually exists, I think it should apply based on someone's fundamental importance to their own universe unless Darkseid has demonstrated that it only applies to one specific reality. Otherwise I would argue that the Omega Beams only unwrite someone from the DCU, which obviously means nothing to characters not from it, and that just gets to be a stupid debate. Basically I'm saying that if they have a limitation, it should apply in Khazan just as it would apply in their own universe. This is the same as letting characters with setting specific powers (like Bob from Reboot or Neo from The Matrix) operate in the arena as if they are in their own setting (otherwise both are just unintimidating computer data).

That said; if we have no idea whether or not that limitation actually exists, then there's no reason to bother with it.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Hilariously, He Man may actually be that important to the DC universe, since he did exist in pre-crisis DC. That said, provided the limitation actually exists, I think it should apply based on someone's fundamental importance to their own universe unless Darkseid has demonstrated that it only applies to one specific reality.
    No, because the OE derives from the Source, as I recall, and the Source isn't going to erase entities that are vital to the universe.

This has nothing to do with the capacity of the ability to erase stuff from DC or any other universe.

Basically I'm saying that if they have a limitation, it should apply in Khazan just as it would apply in their own universe. This is the same as letting characters with setting specific powers (like Bob from Reboot or Neo from The Matrix) operate in the arena as if they are in their own setting (otherwise both are just unintimidating computer data).
    Being vital to your universe isn't a power.

Basically, the OE should be able to erase He Man in Khazan, his importance to the entire MotU universe be damned.

Plus I should point out we don't even know if it exists. It is surely mentioned a lot so I would think it was at least partially true, but you never know. The gift comes from another entity, but it's not exactly the same as something like Juggernaut getting power from Cyttorak or Dr. Strange calling on other beings for power. The Source only does it to protect the universe and the timeline, if your death has no negative consequences on the universe then he/it isn't likely to care enough to help you out.