Bullseye never misses! Joe Bullseye's Avatar

Default Vampirella and Vampi comics

I use to read a lot of Vampirella. It has been a while since I have picked any up. I am looking to read Vampi, the 2002 anime style Vampirella. Anyone else read this series? And if you have Vampi to trade you can pm me. Also what is good Vampirella to pick up these days? Is Harris comics even still around?
    BULLSEYE!

"A man without hope is a man without fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bullseye View Post
    I use to read a lot of Vampirella. It has been a while since I have picked any up. I am looking to read Vampi, the 2002 anime style Vampirella. Anyone else read this series? And if you have Vampi to trade you can pm me. Also what is good Vampirella to pick up these days? Is Harris comics even still around?
    per wikipedia:
    In 1983, Harris acquired the assets of the defunct Warren Publishing, including their well-known horror magazines Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella. Forming Harris Comics in 1985, Harris published a single issue of Creepy (#146), but legal murkiness and a 1999 lawsuit by Warren publisher James Warren resulted in his reacquisition of the rights to Creepy and sister publication Eerie.

In the early 1990s Harris Comics revived Vampirella, publishing Vampirella stories in various series and formats from 1991 to 2007. A number of notable U.K. creators worked for Harris on its Vampirella titles, including Grant Morrison, Gary Frank, Mark Millar, John Smith, Ian Edginton, and Malachy Coney. In January 2007 Fangoria Comics made the announcement that the character Vampirella was now owned by Fangoria, however, in April Harris replied that this was not factual, and began publishing Vampirella Quarterly.

Harris Comics also published a number of non-Vampirella comics in the superhero and science fiction genres. The 20022003 imprint Anarchy Studio published manga comics featuring the characters Vampi and Xin. Harris Comics operated until 2008, and in March 2010 Dynamite Entertainment acquired the Vampirella property.
    I have some old Warren magazines from the 1970's of Vampirella, and bought some of her early Harris run. But I haven't bought any Vampirella since 1994.

By the way, if you like vampires, have you tried DC's new I, Vampire? Also, Dark Horse has the Angel & Faith comic book, based on the Buffy the Vampire characters.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Vampirella is currently being published by Dynamite. The first 20 issues of the current ongoing were really good. After that a new writer takes over and ruins it.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Thanks for the info guys. It's to bad Harris got bought out. I loved the Vampirella stuff from around 2000. I am not really into other vampire books, I just loved the way Vampirella looked. It's kind of like Lady Death and her busty chest that keep you buying the book you know? The anime version "Vampi" just looks like a great book. I will review it once I have the whole thing to read.
    BULLSEYE!

FWIW, The Dark Shadows/Vampirella series has been pretty good.

I check out a few things and they are OK. I just bought a lot of Vampi so I am looking forward to that read. If anyone wants Vampirella comics contact me to work something out. Thanks!
    BULLSEYE!