Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

It seems to me like Didio/Lee/Johns arbitrarily chose to hook Diana up with Superman and didn't inform the other creators of their plans, but rather just expected them to fall in line. The thing is, none of the other creators seem interested in touching this "romance." Azz emphatically stated that he's not going to incorporate it, and Snyder and Diggle both seem to be pro Lois.

Part of me wants to believe that maybe this is all part of an elaborate ruse to build Steve up until he's seen as worthy of Diana, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.
    Last edited by Soul Brotha; 12-01-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Geoff Johns's Wondy is something of an alien. Azzarello's Wondy has been around, doing her hero thing for awhile.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MelDyer View Post
    Geoff Johns's Wondy is something of an alien. Azzarello's Wondy has been around, doing her hero thing for awhile.
    It seems she is much more comfortable around people at least. Its a shame we dont know what experiences she has had to get that way.

But yes, Johns Wonder Woman is very reminscent of the original appearance of Starfire. Good call.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Nah. Johns is purposely writing her that way because if he uses Azzarello's WW as a template, there would be no basis for this "romance" with Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Brotha View Post
    Nah. Johns is purposely writing her that way because if he uses Azzarello's WW as a template, there would be no basis for this "romance" with Supes.
    LOL True that.

I can just see Clark leaning in to kiss Azz's Diana and her just smiling at him and saying, "Oh, no. Sweety, no."
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    LOL True that.

I can just see Clark leaning in to kiss Azz's Diana and her just smiling at him and saying, "Oh, no. Sweety, no."
    I think she'd be repulsed by the site of that popped collar he's sporting. ;)

It seems she is much more comfortable around people at least. Its a shame we dont know what experiences she has had to get that way.

But yes, Johns Wonder Woman is very reminscent of the original appearance of Starfire. Good call.
    I can imagine the Johns Wonder Woman asking Steve, on some lazy, amorous evening in the parlor, ..why that pink mouse is resting in his lap. She's something of an alien.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    They are so different because Johns is clueless when it comes to Wonder Woman. His version is a rabid dog who needs to be leashed. It's unfortunate because that's not a version of the character I have interest in. The version I prefer is smarter and much more restrained.
    Perhaps you should read JL now that it's set in the present and not 5 years ago.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

BANNED

Thanks, now I have an image of Diana shaking a toaster in my head with the following text:

Steve: "Diana, what are you doing?"
    Diana: "I saw burnt bread coming out of it!"

BANNED

Johns seems to want to play up the new world perspective of WW whilst Azz isn't interested in that. This may work in the opening arc but it comes off as completely idiotic in the present were she's been introduced to the world for 5 whole years and comes off as a moron. Azz writes her as a competent individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    The short explanation I can come up with is that Brian and Geoff are two writers who are used to doing things their way and fully expect other people to follow their lead.
    I agree with that statement 100%.

Brian Azzarello seems to be making Wonder Woman as some kind of superhero who has lots of brothers and sisters while Geoff Johns is making her Superman's girlfriend. Maybe in order to get back at Superman, Lois Lane will date Steve Trevor and join the Justice League of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Perhaps you should read JL now that it's set in the present and not 5 years ago.
    Cutting Hal open with her sword happend in the present, not 5 years ago.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Cutting Hal open with her sword happend in the present, not 5 years ago.
    More hyperbole I see... tell me what issue WW cut Hal open w/ her sword?
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    More hyperbole I see... tell me what issue WW cut Hal open w/ her sword?
    Justice League #11