Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Whatever happens, if it's written by the JLU and EMH writers...I'm in!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    In order to be counted as a bullet timer, she'd have to be holding still, then we see the bullet fired, then she reacts to it and blocks it. Animated Wonder Woman has never done that to my knowledge. If you've seen the Wolverine Origins movie, you'd have seen what I'm talking about, when Wade was shot at from behind, saw the muzzle flash reflected in his sword, then spun and cut the bullet. That's pretty much a perfect example of bullet-time speed.
    That's one bullet. Wonder-Woman regularly blocks automatic weapons fire, which, since she doesn't usually move out of the way of the salvo Batman-style, requires her to react to the weapon's rate of fire rather than the gunman's aim. Even with just two shooters with not-particularly-impressive weaponry, that's 20 bullets per second. Which she can casually block. With just her hands. In "The Once And Future Thing," she also blocks some revolver fire in the old west, and comments on how slow the bullets are - which is something she would not even be able to perceive if she were only aim-dodging.

But if you want to get hung up on the visual representation, here's a couple of grabs from the aforementioned episode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WW Bullet Time 2.jpg   WW Bullet Time 1.jpg  
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Good rumble! fal

EMH Thor is a beast. In the episode where they were all taken over by the Purple Man. Vision increases his density to max and then falls from outer space and collides with Thor driving him to the Earth is a huge collision. The next time we see them Thor is standing over top of a beaten Vision about to kill him. In another episode he defeats the entire kree army by himself. In another episode he gets angry and hits the red hulk so hard that he literally goes flying to unknown area. Basically in season two Thor was the Deuce Ex Machina of the show and I'm not sure that he can be taken out. The JLA best shot if for MM to put do something telepathically.
    Winner of an Awesome award!! for this thread
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=174464

Yeah, Thor was powerful in S1, but in S2 he's insane. I don't think he's tough enough to take out all the JLU heavy hitters, though.

The Flash can take out most of the weaker Avengers in a, well, flash, especially with the street-level leaguers pitching in a little bit. Luke Cage and the Thing are surfacebound, and can't participate in the flier/ranged battle at all. Even if they could, Aquaman and the Flash can certainly keep them busy for a long time.

That leaves five Avengers with both power and the mobility to employ it effectively: Miss Marvel, Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, and the Hulk. They can be engaged by Captain Atom, Steel, Red Tornado, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter and Etrigan, maybe even Hawgirl. That's a seven to five advantage for the Justice League, and meanwhile, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are attacking Thor from all sides. It's not a curbstomp, but overall, the JL has a solid advantage.
    Last edited by Gorthaur; 11-21-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    No, he put a mook to sleep, that in no way implies he could do the same to a superhero that's fighting back.
    You know, I was unaware that simply being a superhero gives one the magical ability to withstand telepathic assault. Oh wait, it doesn't. In other words, because the Avengers have displayed zero defenses to telepathic assault, they are in effect, nothing more than mooks to the Martian Manhunter's telepathic assault. It's sleepy time for whomever J'onn decides to take out until you can prove otherwise.

Yes, I do want to hold to that. Flash has never dealt with guys as tough as many of the Avengers on this team.
    Hey, I'll grant that Flash isn't knocking out Thing, Luke Cage, and the other bricks. He might not even be able to knock out Spider-Man or Wolverine (though he will stagger them). But Yellowjacket isn't even close to being as tough as one of these guys. He's knocked out with the other street levelers in the opening second.

Superman lobotomized Doomsday, but Doomsday was not that tough if animated Superman could stagger him with punches. EMH Thor is not only vastly stronger and tougher than animated Superman, I'd put good odds on EMH Thor against animated Darksied. Thor's defense against a heat vision lobotomy is A) his indestructible hammer to block the beams, and B) being far to durable for that trick to work anyway.
    You mean punches that destroy entire buildings like he did when fighting Captain Marvel? Or punches that launched said Darkseid across a city? Yeah, Doomsday must have been a severe weakling to feel punches that weak.

Or Superman is just that damn powerful. Thor's only real defense against heat vision is his hammer. Too bad for him, he and the other remaining Avengers are vastly outnumbered by this point. That and even his hammer can't block telepathic or sonic attacks.

Yeah..the alien he put to sleep was a mook and while superhero's do tend to have willpower on a much higher level then normal they still need feats to show some kind of telepathic resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Hey, I'll grant that Flash isn't knocking out Thing, Luke Cage, and the other bricks. He might not even be able to knock out Spider-Man or Wolverine (though he will stagger them). But Yellowjacket isn't even close to being as tough as one of these guys. He's knocked out with the other street levelers in the opening second.
    Heck he took down people like Captain Atom quite quickly off screen..and that guy was durable enough to shrug off a small grenade blowing up in his face. Granted the takedown was off screen, but Flash had no weapons on him at the time so we can only assume he just physically beat him down.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-21-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Especially since willpower isn't really a defense against even weak telepathic moves, unless the move in question has specifically been shown to be resisted by willpower.

Other than that, a telepathic move that puts KO's people should work fine on superheroes.

Out of curiosity, what is this incident you're talking about? J'onn did take Etrigan out telepathically in "A Knight of Shadows", but it wasn't an instantaneous attack, and required physical contact.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthaur View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is this incident you're talking about? J'onn did take Etrigan out telepathically in "A Knight of Shadows", but it wasn't an instantaneous attack, and required physical contact.
    The episode where Green Lantern is put on trial for supposedly destroying a planet. When Supes, J'onn, Flash, and Hawkgirl arrive on the alien planet the trial is being held some soldiers attack them. J'onn gets in front of one and his eyes glow and then the guy drops unconscious. I don't think it required physical contact, but rather just close proximity. Since J'onn can phase getting close to..whoever shouldn't be that much of a problem, as I don't think anyone has the ability to hit intangibles. Perhaps Vision could while also intangible..but that's iffy since it seems sometimes in fiction intangibility cancels out others intangibility..and other times it doesn't.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-21-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Ms. Marvel is far from a slouch,she had speed and durability that put her up there to tangle with alot of heavy hitters.
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    Ms. Marvel is far from a slouch,she had speed and durability that put her up there to tangle with alot of heavy hitters.
    Agreed. In one episode she actually punches Skrull Hulk over the horizon. Granted, it's not the real Hulk, but still impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The episode where Green Lantern is put on trial for supposedly destroying a planet. When Supes, J'onn, Flash, and Hawkgirl arrive on the alien planet the trial is being held some soldiers attack them. J'onn gets in front of one and his eyes glow and then the guy drops unconscious. I don't think it required physical contact, but rather just close proximity. Since J'onn can phase getting close to..whoever shouldn't be that much of a problem, as I don't think anyone has the ability to hit intangibles. Perhaps Vision could while also intangible..but that's iffy since it seems sometimes in fiction intangibility cancels out others intangibility..and other times it doesn't.
    I just checked that episode and J'onn does grab the guy's shirt. He knocks him out after about ten seconds.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 11-21-2012 at 09:43 AM.

10 seconds? I just watched it too and his eyes glow for maybe 3 seconds. Prior to his eyes glowing he wasn't using telepathy. He also shows a short burst of super speed in the same fight.

just saw clips of Ms. Marvel she was able to stop the hulk from slamming on her, and threw him back. Superman and Green Lantern try doing energy attacks to her and they are gonna get nuked. Plus her flight speed is very high so she is a bigger factor than I thought.
    www.kavalsorcery.com Sorcery to help your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    10 seconds? I just watched it too and his eyes glow for maybe 3 seconds. Prior to his eyes glowing he wasn't using telepathy. He also shows a short burst of super speed in the same fight.
    I assumed he was using TP the whole time while the others were walking over to him. Not counting that, yeah, 3 seconds is a lot more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KavalSorcery View Post
    just saw clips of Ms. Marvel she was able to stop the hulk from slamming on her, and threw him back. Superman and Green Lantern try doing energy attacks to her and they are gonna get nuked. Plus her flight speed is very high so she is a bigger factor than I thought.
    Nobody was saying she wasn't a big gun, but she doesn't really dramatically alter the outcome of the fight.