Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xal View Post
    Can't see how this issue was an asspull. They've been foreshadowing this forever.
    While I don't think it was Ock in Peter's body until #698, I do clearly see that maybe Doc Ock was influencing Peter's behavior before that. Peter acted a lot harsher towards Morbius and Andy than he would have normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    The only thing that alarms me--Slott's comments about this being something that won't be undone, as if some major permanent change will result from this. Aside from Pete maybe keeping some elements of the costume, I can't see what could be permanent (perhaps because we have yet to SEE it)...
    While I don't believe things in comics are ever "permanent", there are things that are way harder to ignore than others. Gwen and Ben are still dead, Punisher's family is still dead, Morbius is still a vampire, Blade now has fangs, and Wolverine killed his son by drowning him in a highly corrosive and expensive metal compound.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff View Post
    Even if Ock is SSM, everyone will know it's not Peter. That much is clearly evident from solits. That's why I don't buy that Ock is SSM.
    That's true. Sure, Doc Ock could hold Peter's body hostage, but then again, there are too many heroes who respect Spider-Man to let him just get away with something like this.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midwings View Post
    spideys now meanand bad ass ?
    they never said that though. They did call it weird.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    It's where an event occurs which just looks like it was pulled out of the author's ass. Doc Ock just magically possesses Peter for some reason, with no precedent. I know we'll
    get an explanation eventually, but at the moment, it's a big WTF, even by comic book standards.
    not really. Peter and ock have been dueling minds, even controlling things with their minds for a while now. Seems like a door way for a mind swap was a no brainer. (pun intended)

I dont see how anyone could think itll still be Doc Ock. Superior has been revealed to have claws for one thing. Something that just isnt needed seeing how he has all of SM's powers. Now, it could be so that he can be more aggressive toward his baddies but that overkill just doesn't work or coincide with his new look mask. I'm convinced Ock wont stick as SM right now considering we have 4 issues left before the start of the new series if we include the point issues om Amazing and Avenging
    My blog for you folks who can read. http://mrroussis.wordpress.com/

It's a clear asspull. Nothing so far has hinted at this happening. At most we knew Doc may have had something planned for Peter, but that's about it.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    It's a clear asspull. Nothing so far has hinted at this happening. At most we knew Doc may have had something planned for Peter, but that's about it.
    Clearly we needed a scene where Otto shakes his fist at Peter and shouts, "If only we switched places, foul arachnid! I would show you who is truly SUPERIOR!"
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

You know, if Octavius becomes Spiderman, might that mean a return of Carlyle or Carolyn Trainer as the new Doc Ock?
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

A foaming Spidergasm. MurderFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Clearly we needed a scene where Otto shakes his fist at Peter and shouts, "If only we switched places, foul arachnid! I would show you who is truly SUPERIOR!"
    Hahahaha!

I kind of perversely love when Marvel actually does this. At the end of AvX when we learn a new Avengers team is going to form, "But this one's going to be a little more...uncanny!"

CLASS
    http://thepuremood.com/ PURE MOOD PULL LIST + PURE MOOD PODCAST...new shows once a week!
    Weekly features include back-issue reviews, CD's, Art of books, and more!

I'm hardly a Dan Slott fan....but I think this is the most interesting, well constructed plot twist i've seen in comics in ten years or longer. I am racking my brain and can't think of a time when i have been more intrigued by a storyline. I am a trade guy, but I don't know if I can wait.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    You know, if Octavius becomes Spiderman, might that mean a return of Carlyle or Carolyn Trainer as the new Doc Ock?
    Let's hope not

looked at a few pages which might seem foreshadowy. <.<
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazing_687_TheGroup_016.jpg   Amazing_687_TheGroup_019.jpg   Spider-Man #600 048.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sullenclown View Post
    looked at a few pages which might seem foreshadowy. <.<
    Well...wow, yeah. I really, really don't know at this point. I think Slott may have actually stumped us here on who Superior Spider-Man is.

Was re-reading the annual just now and :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v48gmv.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	104834

Oh no Peter, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Not every bit of foreshadowing has to be as blatantly obvious as possible.

So, I was re-reading quotes from Dan Slott, Alex Alonso and MARVEL themselves. From Dan Slott and MARVEL, they state that Spider-Man is an all-new Spider-Man and that he isn't the same. I don't see where he stated that Peter Parker isn't Spider-Man. (And at a time we were told that Darth Vader killed Luke's father, anyway.) However, with Alonso's statement it simply says they are moving Spider-Man forwards, as a character.

How about a theroy from me? Doc Ock has successfully replaced Peter Parker in his own body. After we discover, where, when and how (between 697 and 698, with the Octobot) Peter will have "died" in Doc Ock's body. However, Peter has the will to live and thus bursts up. He runs out and is forced to find the Octobot. Peter (still in Ock's body) uploads his consciousness, in its entirety to the Octobot. This leaves Ock's body braindead and Ock's body is officially not fit for life anymore. Peter manages to overcome the Octobot and start to set out of find Ock.

Meanwhile, Doc Ock (in Peter's body) announces to the world that Peter is Spider-Man. We see the reactions of those people's psychic blind spot being lifted.

Peter realizes this through the Octobot and realizes he needs to work fast. Peter is then able to find Ock and attack him in the Octobot. Peter uploads his own consciousness back into his body. Peter and Ock both take control of the body for amounts of time as Peter's mind is ravaged in a brutal fight. Peter's body crashes into Horizon Labs, under the control of Doc Ock. Doc Ock, in one last act of desperation, knowing that with Peter gone all the people Peter cared about would attacked, he injects Peter's body with a mutagen. The mutagen starts to attack Peter's DNA, illimianting his powers slowly and killing him. Peter manages to get Ock out of his body. Now, Ock is in the Octobot as Peter is dying. Peter destroys the Octobot, taking Ock's life, once and for all. Peter, having worked for Horizon Labs, concocts an antidote but Peter has lost some of his powers and has gained a few new ones after being mutated.

Peter, however, realizes that everyone in his family would have to be attacked. So, he heads to Doctor Strange and asks him to re-remove the memories of seeing him. Doctor Strange tells him that he cannot preform the same spell twice. Peter then asks Doctor Strange to even wipe his own mind and essentially put Peter Parker out of existance, completely horrified at what he'd done. Peter's mind is wiped of his own existence, as well as the entire worlds.

Now, Peter has been transformed into a darker, different Spider-Man with all the mutations and a new identity after losing his last one.
    Last edited by Darman456; 11-26-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."