Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I would think Otto would like to live Peters life, not ruin it.
    Going to have to go with this. He's already effectively "killed" his enemy. No point in trying to ruin the life of someone who is no longer living, and risk bringing any unnecessary attention to his self.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    Going to have to go with this. He's already effectively "killed" his enemy. No point in trying to ruin the life of someone who is no longer living, and risk bringing any unnecessary attention to his self.
    If I were Ock, that's what I would do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
    If I were Ock, that's what I would do too.
    If I were Ock i'd just body swap a few more times. Like, if it's getting tough to pay the bills I'd find some strange dude, swap bodies with him and let that guy be Spider-man while I burn stuff for insurance money and go somewhere else.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    If I were Ock i'd just body swap a few more times. Like, if it's getting tough to pay the bills I'd find some strange dude, swap bodies with him and let that guy be Spider-man while I burn stuff for insurance money and go somewhere else.
    Not a bad idea. :]

I hope Ock is the new Spider-Man for a while. It would be interesting to see what great heights he could take himself to with Parker's life. Peter always struck me as an underachieving beta male.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Michelle says they only made out, so thats what happened in the book.
    Right. And Peter Parker and Mary Jane only shared a toothbrush.

And Peter Parker didn't drink at Aunt May's wedding.

And the Teen Titans never existed before Tim Drake put them together. Nevermind what the floppy says.

Hastily added retcon changes the canon, but it doesn't change what was obviously intended when that issue got published. Which is what's at issue here. We're attempting to predict future behavior (of both creator and fan reaction) based on past precedent. Perhaps they learned from that event and won't do something similar. I have my doubts.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Right. And Peter Parker and Mary Jane only shared a toothbrush.

And Peter Parker didn't drink at Aunt May's wedding.

And the Teen Titans never existed before Tim Drake put them together. Nevermind what the floppy says.

Hastily added retcon changes the canon, but it doesn't change what was obviously intended when that issue got published. Which is what's at issue here. We're attempting to predict future behavior (of both creator and fan reaction) based on past precedent. Perhaps they learned from that event and won't do something similar. I have my doubts.
    Why would anyone share a toothbrush with another person..? I don't get this...

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    But the only logical outcome of that path, to me, is Ock quickly growing frustrated that "Peter Parker" would receive all the credit for whatever achievements he (Spock) manages. Otto's enormous ego would require statues of his pudgy self to be erected and a national holiday on his birthday and he won't get that as long as he is Spock. Now....this could be Dan's payoff (Spock starts to revert to being a villain and Pete returns in some other form/body to take him down) but somehow it doesn't seem big enough. I think Dan has something else in mind.....
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

They have been playing up the 'Otto is basically Peter gone bad' angle for a while now, so that Otto tries to live Peters life, not really making it in the end, is a solid guess. Of course, something else might happen in 699 and 700, but the adjective 'superior' makes me think it will be doc Ock in Peters body even after 700.

They have been playing up the 'Otto is basically Peter gone bad' angle for a while now, so that Otto tries to live Peters life, not really making it in the end, is a solid guess. Of course, something else might happen in 699 and 700, but the adjective 'superior' makes me think it will be doc Ock in Peters body even after 700.
    I would love that.

How long do you see it being entertaining?

How long do you see it being entertaining?
    Exactly seven issues. GOD HELP YOU IF THIS GOES FOR EIGHT ISSUES, SLOTT!!!!!!!1!!1

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I'm not sure, are you joking or serious because it was obvious that the "sharing a toothbrush" was only a metaphor.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Because you spent the night in an apartment after making a series of hasty decisions the night before and therefore weren't packed and after last night sharing a toothbrush is rather minor, all things considered..

But actually it's just a euphemism for sex based on the previous scenario. That I'm making fun of because it's an obvious euphemism.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    But the only logical outcome of that path, to me, is Ock quickly growing frustrated that "Peter Parker" would receive all the credit for whatever achievements he (Spock) manages. Otto's enormous ego would require statues of his pudgy self to be erected and a national holiday on his birthday and he won't get that as long as he is Spock. Now....this could be Dan's payoff (Spock starts to revert to being a villain and Pete returns in some other form/body to take him down) but somehow it doesn't seem big enough. I think Dan has something else in mind.....
    This is correct, but I think it's also more than that. Dr. Octopus HAD a chance to give it up, to become Otto Octavius only, during his phobia phase, but he made a clear choice to BE Dr. Octopus. When it comes right down to it, Doc Ock is just a bad guy. No pathos, no empathy, he's just a evil little man with a superiority complex. And the idea that he wouldn't BE an evil little man all of a sudden, well, just isn't right. I think Mr. Slott has, up until this point, done very good with Ock's characterization, so I suspect that will continue, which SUGGESTS that Ock isn't the Superior Spider-Man, because Ock isn't an anti-hero, he's a villain.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

This issue was an asspull.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....