Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    1) Right. And Peter and Mary Jane only shared a toothbrush.
    Michelle says they only made out, so thats what happened in the book.

I don't think there'll be the two personalities in one body thing...

With the added "dark and weird" tone, It'll feel like I'm reading a Deadpool comic.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Whatever happens, I doubt they leave a back door open that's so obvious. Slott and Wacker have repeatedly said, "There's no going back from this."

Obviously, there's always 'going back' in comics. But they'll at least make a more convincing case that things can't be what they were until Slott's arc ends or the next creative shift.

Precisely. And----this is something that I think has gotten lost since Wednesday----the really big story/status quo change hits in #700. Seems a lot of people on these boards think the ending of #698 was "the big moment" that Slott has been referring to when it is but the opening shot fired for what should be a shitstorm of WTF coming in #700. So anyone who is sniffing "bah, a mind/body switch----seen if before", I don't think this is the biggest moment coming in this arc. Not by a long shot.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Precisely. And----this is something that I think has gotten lost since Wednesday----the really big story/status quo change hits in #700. Seems a lot of people on these boards think the ending of #698 was "the big moment" that Slott has been referring to when it is but the opening shot fired for what should be a shitstorm of WTF coming in #700. So anyone who is sniffing "bah, a mind/body switch----seen if before", I don't think this is the biggest moment coming in this arc. Not by a long shot.
    Yeah, here's what would strike me as the most radical twists that could come out of this:

1) Pete kills Ock--in his own body, no less! This would be a big shift. Everyone would think Pete was dead. If they really want to twist the knife, Pete sticks around in a different form. So he's got all these people he knows and loves but they don't feel the same connection.

2) Ock's connection to Peter's memories manifests itself in the form of the conscience he's been lacking. Ock could have his 'I will not die a monster' moment ala SM2, or even continue on in Peter's body trying to do right (but still being a bit of an ass). That would bring things full circle, as you'd have a character who's not so far removed from Peter's 'looking out for#1' attitude. Slott would have his cake and eat it, too--a character who is intimately connected to the Spider-Man mythos, and is similar yet so terribly different than Peter Parker. This would have the added benefit that Peter's greatest triumph wouldn't be defeating his enemy, but giving them a shot at redemption.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Totally agree Oldschool. I'm not certain Ock will be the Superior Spider-Man. It's all up in the air. I'm thinking that something horrible is going to happen to Peter's body. I think Ock and Peter both make it out of this but Peter Parker's body does not. I also think parts of 698 were told out of time (not linearly). I think 699 will fill in the missing pieces leading us right in to 700. For instance, I think it's possible that Peter takes the body in "Osborne's" room with the Golden Octobot after his conversation with Spider-Man. Maybe he takes this body to Doctor Strange to explain what's going on.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

If this "not quite big moment" got a huge reaction, I can't fathom how huge the reaction to #700's big moment will be.

No doubt something bigger is coming, the question is rather if one wants to read on after 700 or if it's time to quit. The same question as before 698, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    If this "not quite big moment" got a huge reaction, I can't fathom how huge the reaction to #700's big moment will be.
    Then the internet really WILL break in half.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Dr. Octopus will be the Superior Spider-Man. However, I don't believe for a second that Peter Parker is gone forever. He will come back eventually, but I could see this being the status quo for at least a year. However by the time the real Spidey come back, Otto will have completely ruined Peter's life in every conceivable way. This will be the worst thing that has happened to Spider-Man... ever!!

I would think Otto would like to live Peters life, not ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Dr. Octopus will be the Superior Spider-Man. However, I don't believe for a second that Peter Parker is gone forever. He will come back eventually, but I could see this being the status quo for at least a year. However by the time the real Spidey come back, Otto will have completely ruined Peter's life in every conceivable way. This will be the worst thing that has happened to Spider-Man... ever!!
    Or, just another Monday for Spider-Man.

Prediction: Doc Ock tells Aunt May what happened, leaving out afew key details, and she's happy to see him again. :P
    Hello! Welcome to me! -- Homestar Runner
    :D

Well, he's kind of, sort of a homicidal sociopath so ruining Peter's life may not even be intentional.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

And since he's criminally insane, would this situation eventually cure his insanity?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

The best panel in the whole issue was the creepy rape wink Dr. Petepus gave those girls at the club